Daredevil Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher! - Part 1

We also need the skull.

No microchip needed yet.

I would like to request the Battle Van. Just have it be a Shield vehicle Frank Appropriates, but it was a cool thing in those late 80's comics. Maybe give him more of a suit, and not just a vest.

BTW, when the hype creates a Punisher show forum, is this post here just gonna be transferred? Who creates that forum?

No microchip needed yet.

False

I would like to request the Battle Van. Just have it be a Shield vehicle Frank Appropriates, but it was a cool thing in those late 80's comics. Maybe give him more of a suit, and not just a vest.
Battle van would be awesome.:woot:
And yeah, I'd actually love to see him in some type of suit.
Doubt it'll happen though.

So happy about this news.
I've wanted this since daredevil was first announced.
There's a ton of little one issue stories that I'd love to see adapted.

Definitely want Jigsaw as the main villain.
Would also love to see barracuda and The Russian.
Maybe Ma Gnucci.

I'd like to see if they would do somebody like bushwacker and how they would pull him off.

I would have really liked to see Finn Cooley with his disfigurements..... But

Jigsaw as the main villain is by far the best way to go, I'd be astonished if they chose someone else.

microchip is too fraught with peril. In the hands of the "wrong" writer he's going to end up corrupted or end up captured and killed early on. I'm not hung up on giving him a sidekick/confidante right away.

As I said in my post earlier, I'd love to see The Punisher in something a little more like his classic comic outfit.
I really don't mind the Trench coat and vest look, but my preference has always been the sleek looking black outfit and I've always wanted to see an attempt at it in live action.
I know it's pretty basic but it's always really loved the way it looked. One of my favorite character designs in comics.
Now, I know we can't get too close to it. Especially considering how much **** he gives DD for his outfit. But I think it's possible to get pretty close. :funny:
(Ignore the DD arm bracers.Removing them was going to be too much work. :hehe:)
RedlFUU.jpg

I want white belt, boots and gloves, but I don't want the white belt, boots, and gloves.

Jigsaw as the main villain is by far the best way to go, I'd be astonished if they chose someone else.

See I'm not sure about that, because I'm not sure I have seen Jigsaw as a very dynamic or compelling villain in the comics, I think most the Max villains were more effective then he is.

It seems like recent stories often portray him a loser and come with with ridiculous explanations on why Punisher has not killed him, that Jigsaw is so inept that his presence would hurt organized crime more then Punisher killing him would, not only does that make Jigsaw seem like a total none threat, it is out of character for the Punisher.

Jigsaw would need a major revamp to be an effective Big Bad in a Netflix series.

Hell no. I don't want to sacrifice individual Luke Cage and Iron Fist shows.

Not me. A Cage and Fist show is exactly what I want. I REALLY hope the actors have mad chemistry.

Not me. A Cage and Fist show is exactly what I want. I REALLY hope the actors have mad chemistry.

This. Plus we need a buddy show too. That's what everyone thinks of Cage and Fist these days anyway. I don't know if Jones auditioned against Colter though.

As I said in my post earlier, I'd love to see The Punisher in something a little more like his classic comic outfit.
I really don't mind the Trench coat and vest look, but my preference has always been the sleek looking black outfit and I've always wanted to see an attempt at it in live action.
I know it's pretty basic but it's always really loved the way it looked. One of my favorite character designs in comics.
Now, I know we can't get too close to it. Especially considering how much **** he gives DD for his outfit. But I think it's possible to get pretty close. :funny:
(Ignore the DD arm bracers.Removing them was going to be too much work. :hehe:)
RedlFUU.jpg

That looks awesome. I'd love to see something like that in the solo series.

What if D'Onofrio showed up in Punisher as well?

The trouble with that would be, Castle promised next time he sees Fisk he'd kill him

It's the problem with any Punisher villain; they can't come back because Frank won't spare them

It could be a while before the Punisher show debuts anyway. I'm sure it will come in time.

I mean, Punisher might not debut until 2018.

The trouble with that would be, Castle promised next time he sees Fisk he'd kill him

It's the problem with any Punisher villain; they can't come back because Frank won't spare them

Honestly, Punisher vs. Kingpin is a fight where I would actually favor Kingpin.

Honestly, Punisher vs. Kingpin is a fight where I would actually favor Kingpin.

The only way Fisk would survive a fight with Frank would be if the fight got interupted. He'd get a couple good blows, sure, but remember, last time they fought Frank was in cuffs, and had just killed 20 guys in an intense prison brawl. Fisk wouldn't stand a chance 1 on 1.

The only way Fisk would survive a fight with Frank would be if the fight got interupted. He'd get a couple good blows, sure, but remember, last time they fought Frank was in cuffs, and had just killed 20 guys in an intense prison brawl. Fisk wouldn't stand a chance 1 on 1.

I disagree Six. You know why? Because Fisk got Frank Castle to do every little thing he wanted. That's his super-power. Fisk got played like a violin by Fisk. The only reason Castle got out of prison was because of Fisk. Not to mention, Castle gave Fisk the top seat of power in the prison, which he now practically owns.

I feel like if it came down to it, Fisk would put them in a position where he would have the seat of advantage.

Kingpin has managed to escape and get the best of the Punisher numerous times in the comics.

Kingpin is a master tactician and his strategic abilities rival that of The Punisher which is what has always made them great foes.

The Punisher attempts to kill Kingpin in Punisher #15-18 ("To topple the Kingpin" / "Escalation" / "Computer war" / "Face off").

The Punisher recruits a bunch of allies he has collected to launce an all out assault on The kingpin. The Punisher is eventually talked out of killing The Kingpin because he realizes killing him will create a violent gang war (which is a recurring reason for why Kingpin isn't toppled in the comics multiple times).

In The Punisher: Final Days Kingpin takes George Tam Wong, the son of one of his accountants, under his wing and tries to groom him for bigger things. George suggests going after the Punisher, saying that they could get to him through Micro. The Kingpin knows Micro from the raid on his office.

The Kingpin thinks that the Punisher is too much of a sociopath to care about the kidnapping of his allies, but George is able to convince him to try it, and of course the Kingpin is proved wrong in this case. Kingpin then uses his control of the Punisher to force him to go after Howard Nees, an upstart rival crimelord. Doing so isn't too much of a stretch for the Punisher anyway, so he agrees and he manages to kill off Nees. But his attack attracts the attention of the police, and the Punisher doesn't see a way to escape them without shooting some cops, so he lets himself get arrested. Kingpin plots to have The Punisher killed in prison but he escapes.

I disagree Six. You know why? Because Fisk got Frank Castle to do every little thing he wanted. That's his super-power. Fisk got played like a violin by Fisk. The only reason Castle got out of prison was because of Fisk. Not to mention, Castle gave Fisk the top seat of power in the prison, which he now practically owns.

I feel like if it came down to it, Fisk would put them in a position where he would have the seat of advantage.

Yeah he pulled the strings and got him out of prison, but outside those prison walls things would be different. When Fisk fought Daredevil in the last episode of season 1 he got his ass handed to him. Frank could have easily killed Matt Murdock in one of their fights but he was clearly holding back. So like I said, if it was just 1 on 1, with no interruptions, Fisk would be dead. Even surrounded by henchman, Castle could take them all out with military precision and then Fisk is just a sitting duck. Yeah, Fisk might be too smart to make himself vulnerable like that, but if it came down to it, my money is on Frank.

This is why you might want to considering having Kingpin on the Punisher TV show.

Yeah he pulled the strings and got him out of prison, but outside those prison walls things would be different. When Fisk fought Daredevil in the last episode of season 1 he got his ass handed to him. Frank could have easily killed Matt Murdock in one of their fights but he was clearly holding back. So like I said, if it was just 1 on 1, with no interruptions, Fisk would be dead. Even surrounded by henchman, Castle could take them all out with military precision and then Fisk is just a sitting duck. Yeah, Fisk might be too smart to make himself vulnerable like that, but if it came down to it, my money is on Frank.

Fisk is all about the long game and the long con. Prison isn't defeat for him. It's just a breather between rounds.

you guys should see the Punisher '66 video on youtube, its absolutely fantastic

I'd link it here but can't due to bad language

I think a team up show would be cool - nice change of pace

That's why we have the Defenders.

When are Cage and Fist ever going to team up though outside of Defenders? Then they're not really a crime-fighting duo but just part of a team.

They can still show up in each other's shows teaming up as friends without having to combine the shows.

This. Plus we need a buddy show too. That's what everyone thinks of Cage and Fist these days anyway. I don't know if Jones auditioned against Colter though.

But we'd sacrifice the individual shows that could fully explore their individual worlds. Storylines that Luke's show might want to touch upon with its characters might be put aside if there needs to be space for a team-up show.

And looking at it in-universe, we don't need a Heroes for Hire when we're getting the Defenders. The Defenders is that team-up show for all the characters. Heroes for Hire might not even fit in-universe because we don't know if being for-profit heroes even fits the MCU versions of Cage and Fist.

And just logically, it makes absolutely no business sense combining the shows. When Marvel announced these shows, I'm pretty sure they had the intention of these individual characters having their own shows. They're not going to build up those individual character IPs only to combine them into one show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"