Supergirl Jon Cryer is Lex Luthor

latest

I was hoping we would be getting a serious Lex like the one in Superman/ Justice League TAS... guess it's going to be another Gene Hackman type...

But maybe he's able to play a menacing Lex...

Definitely plan on giving him a chance.
It’s just a funny casting choice that I never would have imagined.

My main worry is that they’re going for another goofy Lex.

Oh I totally agree with you, I am gonna give him a chance but I can’t see him as Lex and I worry about the goofy take too.

Definitely plan on giving him a chance.
It’s just a funny casting choice that I never would have imagined.

My main worry is that they’re going for another goofy Lex.

I just realized he would probably also be Lex in the Superman show if they decide to make that... so I really hope this works out

I think cryer can pull off a serious Lex. Be interesting if he can pull of the intimidating side of Lex.

Didn't Supergirl already establish their Lex as more of a mad scientist criminal type? When we first heard about him on the show they said he was in prison for trying to nuke California (like in the Donner movie).

Didn't Supergirl already establish their Lex as more of a mad scientist criminal type? When we first heard about him on the show they said he was in prison for trying to nuke California (like in the Donner movie).

Excellent points

I’ll give him a chance as well, but I honestly don’t know if Cryer (who I actually like a lot as an actor) is capable of being menacing in the way I think a lot of us imagine Lex being. I’d sooner cast him as Toyman or The Riddler.

I like Jon Cryer. I hope he surprises us by really becoming Lex. Can he be menacing and cunning? We'll see.

I think he could definitely pull off the intelligence, mania, and creepy side of Lex.

According to the Supergirl mythos, Lex is serving several life sentences. It might be interesting if he just stayed in prison - as a Hannibal Lecter-esque character.

According to the Supergirl mythos, Lex is serving several life sentences. It might be interesting if he just stayed in prison - as a Hannibal Lecter-esque character.

I’m hoping for that

I am hoping for that as well. I do not want them to turn Lex into Supergirl's primary villain.

I'm surprised they went with someone so old tbh. He is practically 20 years older then Katie, 5 years younger then Brenda. Sure they'll probably have him be like 40 but I was expecting Luthor/Lena to actually have had a childhood together. Guess we know at least that Clark/Lex arent highschool buddies.

The more I think about this, the less I hate it

I’m the same, I’m still kind of thinking this was mostly down to Legacy casting than anything else but I am willing to give him the chance to prove me wrong.

This is very weird stunt casting. Yes, he was Lenny Luthor a long time ago, but really most people think of him as Alan Harper of Two and Half Men. Really, i'd rather have Michael Rosenbaum back.

Not what I was expecting. But I will say I did not expect to like Tyler Hoechlin as Superman, and now he's one of my favorites. So I'm gonna hope for the same situation here.

I didn't think they'd go this old. I was wanting Billy Zane as Lex, whom I knew might probably be too old. He's one year younger than Jon Cryer. But they did end up going that age. So they could've gone for Zane after all.

Zane would've been a great SM: TAS type of Lex like Clancy Brown. He even sounds a bit similar. He would also have been very intimidating.

I don't want a goofy take on Lex again or someone who comes across as weak. Cryer seems like he might be more like Eisenberg or even Hackman or Spacey.

I wanted something more like Rosenbaum or Brown, or even John Shea. Or even a Lex similar to Lionel Luthor from Smallville.

wouldn't have cast Billy Zane either.

I didn't think they'd go this old. I was wanting Billy Zane as Lex, whom I knew might probably be too old. He's one year younger than Jon Cryer. But they did end up going that age. So they could've gone for Zane after all.

Zane would've been a great SM: TAS type of Lex like Clancy Brown. He even sounds a bit similar. He would also have been very intimidating.

I don't want a goofy take on Lex again or someone who comes across as weak. Cryer seems like he might be more like Eisenberg or even Hackman or Spacey.

I wanted something more like Rosenbaum or Brown, or even John Shea. Or even a Lex similar to Lionel Luthor from Smallville.
Yeah the age thing did throw me of too, That's some distance . But he's is a tanlented actor, Even though most of his work in his later year's had been in comedies most recently will & grace. But his last serious role as as Agent gibs doctor in NCIS the orginal series with gibs recovering from being shot in few espisodes by a kid used by terrorists.

So he can do serious too. he may not be the type look scary at first but he may surprise people. it's also gonna depend on the writing.

If he were available, I'd have chosen Coby Bell.
latest

But lets see what Jon brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"