Juggernaught vs the Thing

Weadazoid

Sidekick
Reaction score
OK...so it isn't exactly a classic battle in erms of the comics but hey they are both under Fox

Too bad they are making juggs a mutant, even so he could still be recruited by.... now that would be a decent on screen fight for the Thing

Now if you are talking about the screen version Thing, I think even Nightcrawler would be able to tap dance on his pretty orange rock skull with Juggernaught being able to play with him like pizza dough.

If you mean that Juggs will become a FF film nemesis..no, but it'd be nice;)

xcan28 said:
Now if you are talking about the screen version Thing, I think even Nightcrawler would be able to tap dance on his pretty orange rock skull with Juggernaught being able to play with him like pizza dough.

They actually fought once in the comics (Secret War II), and Ben got trounced.

Juggs is more on level with The Hulk.

In a fight between the two, Thing would win hands down. It's been said numerous times he can lift anything. I think Juggs has limitations

Mr. Socko said:
In a fight between the two, Thing would win hands down. It's been said numerous times he can lift anything. I think Juggs has limitations

In the comics, they DID fight, and Ben got his ass handed to him, lol.

Mr. Socko said:

LMAO....did you not read the post right above yours....poor cappy had to repeat it.....LOL

Welll both the movie verzion of the Thing and Juggs look to be bout on the same power level from what I have seen so far...Juggs may prove to be stronger whne all is said and done.

But em...the movie verzion of the Hulk could take the movie verzions of the Thing and Juggs and squash them togeather and make a nice meat rock sandwitch out of them in no time flat.

In the comics Jugs may be close to the Hulk...but in the movies Hulk was too big for either one of them... or both of them

^well if they make a Hulk sequel and keep him to 8-9 feet tall and make The movie Thing a bit more massive in the sequel then we're getting more on par with the comics. As for movie Juggernaut, well yeah, he's much smaller than his comic counterpart. And probably less powerful.

The movie Juggs looks plain awful. The helmet is awful and the plastic 6 pack looks even dumber.

Unfortunately the movie Juggs looks like he's going to be far removed from the comics. To bad, cause there's a whole story in his relationship to Xavier.

Thing was pretty powerful in the movies, he did plant his body infront of a Semi and stopped it cold, and threw a large sedan over 50 feet

Hard to tell how powerfull the movie Juggs is, but all the X-men have been powered down somewhat from their comic counter parts.

Tony Stark said:
The movie Juggs looks plain awful. The helmet is awful and the plastic 6 pack looks even dumber.

Unfortunately the movie Juggs looks like he's going to be far removed from the comics. To bad, cause there's a whole story in his relationship to Xavier.

Thing was pretty powerful in the movies, he did plant his body infront of a Semi and stopped it cold, and threw a large sedan over 50 feet

Hard to tell how powerfull the movie Juggs is, but all the X-men have been powered down somewhat from their comic counter parts.

what he said. except I would have said the x-men have been powered down A LOT from their comics counter parts.
'

Mr. Socko said:

rofl @ this post.

Sorry Mr. Socko, but ROFL....

The Thing 10 for 10, and that goes more than double if we are talking movie versions.

hmm Well this depends on when your talking. Juggernaut did get depowered didn't he?

Shouldn't this be in the comics thread??????

Well, i have to add that there are some great contrasts between the hulk and the thing. If you want to get technical, the thing can only "bench" 85 tons. The hulk is classified as having "class 100" strength, meaning he can bench 100 tons.....and that doesn't take into account the madder he gets the stronger he gets!

Anyone remember "secret wars" and the hulk holding a mountain range on his back?!! I don't think the thing can do that, much less hold his own with the hulk!:hyper:

oh, yeah.... juggs is in the same class as the hulk, too. so, i think that unless the thing used some tactical strategy, juggs would stomp the mess out of him.

"I'm the Juggernaut - B!TCH!!":hyper:

Comic Juggernaut beats Comic Thing.

Movie Juggernaut vs Movie Thing........who cares, they both suck !!

In the comics, they DID fight, and Ben got his ass handed to him, lol.

Depends on what comic stories you consider "official."

Remember the Marvel 2-in-1 Annual, where Earth's strongest heroes all fell before the "Champion of Worlds?"
All except Ben, who was too stubborn to stay down.

Ben is considerably weaker than the Hulk, and yet he's fought him to a draw on numerous ocassions. Stronger doesn't equal smarter.
Under the right circumstances, I think Ben would mop the floor with Juggernaut.

And yes, this does belong in the comics forum. :yay:

Juggernaut would take it in the comics very easy, in the movies I'm not sure. Movie Juggernaut was very strong, but didn't have enough of a role to see what he could fully do, but I'm guessing Juggs would take it in the movies as well.

To all the "Thing can lift anything! Juggernaut is weak" talk...lol, sry but it's kinda the opposite.

Thing used to only be able to lift 15 tons, got upped to 50, then to 85, and might, might be close to 100 tons. Juggernaut is listed as incalculable, he's far over 100 tons. Heck there was a time where more Marvel writers said he was stronger than Hulk according to a Marvel writer in an old Hulk comic. Plus Juggernaut's completely invulnerable, doesn't have to eat, sleep, doesn't get tired. Ben was cut by Wolverine, and has had his chest blasted open if memory serves. Wolverine couldn't cut Juggernaut in 1mil years unless his claws were coated in Dr. Strange's magic or something.

Thing's a great character, and is downplayed and underestimated more than he should be IMO. He's got more heart and determination than Hulk or Juggs, but he just doesn't have the physical skills to hang with 'em anymore. Him and Hulk had some good fights in the old days, but he doesn't go against Hulk without backup anymore.

movie juggs never showed the range of his abilities...

however if we are going on feats alone, i would say juggs would be able to move the thing outta the way, while the thing is actually stronger.

BUT it was shown that potentially you could still knock out juggs if he was still as that is not a factor in his new mutant ability...

since the thing is more durable all round and was shown peforming a much larger strength feat, i would give the battle to him.

Wow, this thread was resurected from the dead. How on earth did anyone find it to reply?

According to the comics the way I see it is:

Hulk > Juggs > Thing

In the comics, the Juggernaut would beat Ben with relative ease. The Thing would get a few shots in but he will go down eventually everytime, even if he fights intelligently.

Now, in the movies, Juggernaut was a loser. He didn't seem very strong IMO, his mutant power was that once he was moving he was nearly impossible to stop. His power was momemtum related, not strength.

The movie Thing military pressed the Millennium Wheel which is 1,600 - 1,700 tons. Straight up military pressed it.

As long as the movie Thing is capable of side stepping movie Juggernaut's charge (and he is) I think he takes it to Ratner's 'Naut. It's clobberin' time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"