Juggernaught vs the Thing

Juggernaut was still physically capable of lifting a 300lb man (my estimated weight for movie!Wolverine) with one hand, launching him nearly two stories high. That strength can be calculated as somewhere along 10,000lbs minimum bench press for Juggernaut.

In a movie, I think their fight would never truly end unless they get Leech in there..

-TNC

I think, it will be a good match up for thing and jugg, much more good for jugg if he takes out his armor. but am afraid that could not win..

Juggernaut was still physically capable of lifting a 300lb man (my estimated weight for movie!Wolverine) with one hand, launching him nearly two stories high. That strength can be calculated as somewhere along 10,000lbs minimum bench press for Juggernaut.

How did you calculate that exactly?

Regardless, 5 tons (10,000 lbs.) is significantly less than 1,600 tons (3,200,000 lbs.).

My point was not that he didn't have a degree of superhuman strength, but that it wasn't exactly top tier superhuman strength and certainly not representative of what the comic book Juggernaut is capable of.

In a movie, I think their fight would never truly end unless they get Leech in there..

-TNC

Do you honestly see a toss or punch from movie Thing only sending Jackman's Wolverine 15-20 feet high?

The movie Thing tossed family sedans (~3,500 lbs.) in the first movie ~50 feet with little effort, balled up a Porsche 911 like it was made out of Play-Do, and yanked a loaded Fire Engine up onto a bridge.

In the 2nd movie the Thing fully military pressed the London Eye (1,600+ ton mass) and took a helicopter blade to the face before ripping the tail off with what appeared to be little to no effort.

I don't see how the two can even be compared strength wise.

Haven't kept up with Juggernaut over the years but isn't he rendered powerless once you get his helmet off??

What has always ticked me off over the years is how the X characters, especially under Claremont, got such ridiculous power jumps and redefinitions over the years. I mean you can even blow off limbs and gouge out Wolverine's eyes and he can regenerate the tissue within minutes, if not seconds. Juggernaut was always a bit of a jobber at first and was never considered to be in Hulk class until many years after his introduction. Yet they've hardly ever upgrade Ben for keeps... even Pineapple Thing was a short-lived power boost.

Haven't kept up with Juggernaut over the years but isn't he rendered powerless once you get his helmet off??

What has always ticked me off over the years is how the X characters, especially under Claremont, got such ridiculous power jumps and redefinitions over the years. I mean you can even blow off limbs and gouge out Wolverine's eyes and he can regenerate the tissue within minutes, if not seconds. Juggernaut was always a bit of a jobber at first and was never considered to be in Hulk class until many years after his introduction. Yet they've hardly ever upgrade Ben for keeps... even Pineapple Thing was a short-lived power boost.

Juggernaut doesnt become powerless without his helmet, he's still completely physically invulnerable (as in if the writers write him right in the comics no one can do anything to even make him laugh), the helmet just protects him from mental attacks. Juggernaut's only vulnerable to magic and mental attacks, and Prof. X at the time was the best at mental attacks which is why the X-Men took him down after his helmet was off.

I don't see how the two can even be compared strength wise.
Well you can say that also because The Thing has had a lot more displays of his strength than Juggernaut had. I was just pointing out that only from that one instance where Juggernaut was truly using his physical strength that one could calculate how strong he must be to perform this. We do not know of the limitations of his strength, unlike with Thing, where we've seen him at his strongest with the pulling of the fire engine and pressing of the London Eye.

The minimum strength that Juggernaut displayed, IMO, gives me the notion that in a real fight, the two of them would still go the distance, but we can't be sure of this because really, it's not really provable in a movie!verse.

-TNC

vs threads = dumb

Plus this has nothing to do with FF2...

Well you can say that also because The Thing has had a lot more displays of his strength than Juggernaut had.

But the thing is, we did get a feel of Juggernaut's strength in the movie and I found it pretty unimpressive for the character.

For example, I don't see movie-Wolverine slugging it out with the movie Thing in the manner he did with movie Juggernaut. The only chance movie-Wolverine would have with movie Grimm would be to pig-stick him. I also don't see movie Thing's punches/tosses only moving Wolverine in the way Juggernaut did.

Then there was the fact Juggernaut was imprisoned in rather lackluster restraints and they were able to hold him because, as stated, he couldn't build any momentum. Another hint that his strength was fairly unimpressive devoid of momentum.

Look at the effort Juggernaut displayed tossing Wolverine and then look and the Thing's effort when he tossed the 3,500 lb. family sedan. That alone should spell a pretty major strength disparity between the two.

In the comics Juggy would murder the Thing in a fight.

But with movie versions, i think it would be extremely close, with The Thing JUST winning.

here's a question, what happens to juggernaut if he falls down.

since his mutant power is that nothing can stop him when he builds up momentum, if he was to run off a building and start falling, he would have built up momentum and technically, no amount of floor is going to stop him falling through the earth right?

couldn't his power easily be manipulated to use against him in battle.

here's a question, what happens to juggernaut if he falls down.

since his mutant power is that nothing can stop him when he builds up momentum, if he was to run off a building and start falling, he would have built up momentum and technically, no amount of floor is going to stop him falling through the earth right?

couldn't his power easily be manipulated to use against him in battle.

Most probably yes, but i thought he showed a fair bit of strength without building any momentum when he threw Wolverine through 2 floors with one arm and minimal effort.

If you're talking X3 Juggernaut, he should have been trapped when Kitty dragged him down in their scene. His momentum was stopped, after all.

Contest of movie versions of Thing and Juggernaut, I see Thing winning handily.

Consider this though; When Kitty phases two objects together and leaves them, she basically interlocks their molecular structures by fitting them together. In other words, once she left Juggernaut in the floor, he had the floor fused to his internal organs because two objects can't occupy the same sPace. His lungs, heart and stomach were full of concrete. That only stopped him for five seconds. Juggs may not be as strong as he was in the comics but he's still pretty frickin' indestructable.

Consider this though; When Kitty phases two objects together and leaves them, she basically interlocks their molecular structures by fitting them together. In other words, once she left Juggernaut in the floor, he had the floor fused to his internal organs because two objects can't occupy the same sPace. His lungs, heart and stomach were full of concrete. That only stopped him for five seconds. Juggs may not be as strong as he was in the comics but he's still pretty frickin' indestructable.
He will be pooping concrete for weeks:woot:

In the comics, I'd have to say Juggernaut. The Thing is close to, but not quite in, the same league. In the movies, though? FF2 gives loads of evidence that shows Ben to be the far physical superior to TLS' Juggernaut, and the full Grey house sequence shows that Juggs isn't as invulnerable onscreen as he was in the books.

yet they had him strapped down in that truck where he could'nt get out

So are you trying to say all of X3 makes sense? The film-makers obviously didnt know what they were doing in that movie, hence why Juggernaut's power levels fluctuate so much. Unles the metal holding him was adamantium, but this is never stated in the movie.

Juggernaut was always a bit of a jobber at first and was never considered to be in Hulk class until many years after his introduction. .
i dont think this is true. in his first appearence against the hulk he would have owned him if prof x hadnt happend to have randomly appeared

What about Thing vs Collosus?

In the movies, the Thing.

In the comics it's close, but I go with Colossus. Colossus and thing are both class 100 now to my knowledge, Colossus is more durable however. Also Colossus went toe to toe with Gladiator for a decent amount of time, Thing however was almost 1 hit KO'd by Gladiator. Plus Colossus is no longer the peaceful artist type, he's been angst ridden and even a semi villain, so he won't hold back as much as he would have in the past. The only thing Ben's got going for him in that fight is his heart, and better street fighting skills, whereas Colossus has daily Danger Room training.

In a fight between the two, Thing would win hands down. It's been said numerous times he can lift anything. I think Juggs has limitations

juggernaut is stronger than thing. thing tops out at around 75 tons. juggernaut is reportedly 100+ tons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"