Jurassic Park IV - Yay Or Nay?

Reboot.. as in... show how the park was built, destroyed and stuff?

They aren't going to continue the current franchise and I love the books and dinosaurs so much that I would want to see more films and if that calls for a reboot then so be it. Plus, the movies are so different from the books that two new movies could be very good.

:up:

I don't think we will ever get tired of dinosaurs. Kids are fascinated by them and since I loved them when I was a kid, that fascination carried over. Just look at Ice Age 3. That series has nothing to do with dinosaurs but voila! They did it to get butts in seats.

i was literally gonna write this. kids LOVE dinosaurs. hell, im 18, and i'm still fascinated with the prehistoric behemoths!

Crichton is a master story teller and his books are so immersed in detail that it is amazing. The second book, The Lost World, is 90% nothing like the movie. They are two completely different things.

Crichton is a master story teller and his books are so immersed in detail that it is amazing. The second book, The Lost World, is 90% nothing like the movie. They are two completely different things.

and the way he describes the island...i forget the complete / correct wording, but : a volcanic uproar, shrouded in fog...and thats the only reason why TLW is kinda...meh to me. i mean, it was great and all, and goldblums a total BA, but..nothing to do with the book, cept on a different island & some of the characters.

no need to reboot..
a good fresh new movie with barely any connections to the previous two will do.

I don't think I've ever seen a thread with the word 'reboot' typed so many freaking times. I would love to see JP4 and I even had some ideas for it back in the day but let's face it... it won't happen anytime soon.

idk about a reboot or a sequel but i would love to see all JP movies in IMAX 3D

I don't think I've ever seen a thread with the word 'reboot' typed so many freaking times. I would love to see JP4 and I even had some ideas for it back in the day but let's face it... it won't happen anytime soon.

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

check the spider-man 4 thread. which is why im not a huge visitor there (though spidey's one of my favs! :woot:)

but, noone answers my question : what would you have in mind for a sequel? pending they made one..

if you want epic, Michael Bay can do the sequel/reboot.

Last edited:
Sometimes we need reboots. See Bond. See Batman. Don't see Fantastic Four but you get the point.

Those reboots worked because they told a story we hadn't seen before. You keep telling the same story and and its no longer reboot its remake and redundant.

Those reboots worked because they told a story we hadn't seen before. You keep telling the same story and and its no longer reboot its remake and redundant.
How many times has it been said in here that the movies are very different from the books?

Batman retold the story of his origins and the Joker. Is that redundant?

if you watch the special features on JP, crichton actually told spielberg about the book before it was even finished and that it would be great as a movie, so it was planned to be a movie the whole time. I'm sure the changes were on purpose and crichton approved as he was working with spielberg.

Yea. The Jurassic Park films are entertaining, and I'd see another if it was made.

2 isn't as bad as people say it is. The San Diego part is a little hokey but when they're on the island I liked it. Especially seeing Malcom return.

But I'd rather not have one again. 3 was okay, but I do think it deserved better and more closure than a 90 minute movie.

There's no need to reboot Jurassic Park. Yeah, Spielberg's movies differed from the books in some respects, but the changes he made made sense from a movie perspective and an awful lot of the original would be repeated in any "reboot". Probably not as well either.

I don't know if the concept really supports a continuing series. The human characters aren't that interesting and the dinosaurs aren't characters. That said, for a sequel, I think the logical extension would be that somehow a group of dinosaurs gets off the island and settles into the jungles of South America. Basically Conan Doyle's "The Lost World" combined with Crichton's stories.

Jeff Goldblum's character really summed up these movies in The Lost World:

Ian Malcolm: [Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.
It's a fascinating "what if..."-idea Jurassic Park is based on; what if we could bring dinosaurs back with old DNA? Watching the dinosaurs come to life for the first time on the big screen was certainly an "ooh, aah"-moment. But after a while the movie seeemed to be all about running and screaming. And the crappy sequels were only about running and screaming...

The books are amazing. They are amoung the best peices of litature out there. It is simply astounding how much detail and depth these characters have in the novels. If you haven't read them you are missing out. How the characters acted in the novels compared to the movies is about 70% different from each other. They are recognizable but a far shadow of the grandure that they where.

Now I know there are those who say a different adaptation of a book is a remake but I don't think so. I mean if you actually use the book and based it off of it it would be a different story. The second novel other then sharing a different island and a few of the same characters was nothing like the second book. There is a lot there to tap.

I would like to see a version more closely based off the book.

I think Dinosaurs are overplayed at the moment. Wait another 5 years and just do a damn remake of the first film.

just make part 4 instead of doing a remake or reboot or whatever you wanna call it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"