Justice League of America has Been Delayed!

That is true. The WB likes to have two of them. Poseidon was supposed to be one and SR the other. Lady in the Water a Third. That is how the WB plays it.

Biel passed on the movie around the time that Rubinov came out and said they are no longer in the business of making female starring vehicles. She was interested in WW when it was going to be a solo movie. Been the WB's girl for a long while. They went to her with JL. She passed on it and Horn made that statement. She also is taking smaller roles instaed of doing the bigger movies she had just done (stealth is one of them)

Fact is, she has never come out and said that. So you are just assuming right now.

That's what they said about James Bond, most movie goers would still flock to see another good Batman film or JLA with a different actor. People need to stop fooling themselves in thinking that only ONE actor can play a freakin' comic book character. :o

Do you see two different Bonds at the same time?

Even James Bond isn't comparable to this. James Bond films come one at a time, with years between them. Usually, the previous Bond actor is already getting up there in years before they recast, and everybody knows the change is coming and accepts it.

With Justice League, the WB is trying to recast a famous character, while an extremely successful and popular film series about that same character is still going on. Same character, same studio, same time, but different actors and continuities. That's pretty much unheard of.

Exactly.

Even James Bond isn't comparable to this. James Bond films come one at a time, with years between them. Usually, the previous Bond actor is already getting up there in years before they recast, and everybody knows the change is coming and accepts it.

With Justice League, the WB is trying to recast a famous character, while an extremely successful and popular film series about that same character is still going on. Same character, same studio, same time, but different actors and continuities. That's pretty much unheard of.
Of course it's comparable and quite simple. People won't give damn who's playing Batman if JLA is a good/entertaining movie. It's a simple as that. You're putting too much stock in Bale, the rest of the world doesn't have their head up his ass.
Warners are still trying to get Jessica Biel because they want a "star" in the worst way.
Casting Jessica Biel is the worst way, I hope they can't get her, because she can't act. Big stars don't mean big movie, especially when you have three icons in one film.

based on cast alone, i dont wanna see this flick made anymore. I was very excited for this movie until i heard cudmore or catrona may be supes and especially the idea of 21 Year old batman

Do you see two different Bonds at the same time?

Now? No.

But it has been done. Twice. Connery vs. Moore. The same year too. And both were successful.

Go to the comic book store and tell me if you see identical versions of Superman / Batman / WW in the various books. You don't. You know why? Because of variety and fresh artistic interpretation keeps the comic industry (and all forms of media) alive as a business. People are quite capable of seeing 2, 3, even 4 versions of Superman (or Batman) on the screen within a 1-2 year period and not self-imploding or getting confused.

It'll be cool to see someone else's take on the characters without having to wait a decade or two for someone to try to reinvigorate the franchises.

Let Singer have Routh. Let Nolan keep Bale (and his lame Bat-suit). Give us something new. For those who don't like it, go stand in line for the next Superman or Batman film with your idols in the tights.

You saying so doesn't make it true. If you dispute what I say, then you should actually support it with something.
It all boils down to will people go see and accept a new Batman (and the film itself), we both don't know this until it happens. You can't dispute people not accepting a new Batman. But whether you or I (or Bale and Nolan) like it or not, there will be a new Batman.

based on cast alone, i dont wanna see this flick made anymore. I was very excited for this movie until i heard cudmore or catrona may be supes and especially the idea of 21 Year old batman

But you know what? The fact that you're taking time to post on here and vent says that you'll see the film even if Star Jones were cast as Batman and Lucy Liu as Green Lantern. You're a fan. You'll see it, probably come to like some aspect of it, then come back on here and vent a little about what you didn't like. And the cycle will continue.

And you know what? They probably will mess something up in the movie for someone, and do things really well that no one expected and it will set the bar for the next film (or character solos) to beat.

We've heard NOTHING official on the cast -- the same "sources" that made the casting announcements have said 2 roles have been declined with 1 role having 2 drop outs. Who were they? We don't know because nothing is official.

Relax. Light one up if you got it. We're only 18 months from seeing a JL movie. That's f'n awesome.

Seems like you know what your talking about for a newb, Tbone.

Seems like you know what your talking about for a newb, Tbone.

I hope that was a compliment of sorts... my ego is very fragile and I can't deal with rejection :grin:

But you know what? The fact that you're taking time to post on here and vent says that you'll see the film even if Star Jones were cast as Batman and Lucy Liu as Green Lantern. You're a fan. You'll see it, probably come to like some aspect of it, then come back on here and vent a little about what you didn't like. And the cycle will continue.

And you know what? They probably will mess something up in the movie for someone, and do things really well that no one expected and it will set the bar for the next film (or character solos) to beat.

We've heard NOTHING official on the cast -- the same "sources" that made the casting announcements have said 2 roles have been declined with 1 role having 2 drop outs. Who were they? We don't know because nothing is official.

Relax. Light one up if you got it. We're only 18 months from seeing a JL movie. That's f'n awesome.

One cant relax until one sees the official cast list. Again, I had the upmost faith until i heard about this cast, and whether or not the rumored choices pan out or not, we're probably getting a bunch of super young names. I'd like things to work out, as DC hasnt put out a major DCU flick beside Bats and supes.

But you are indeed right. I am a fan. I probably will see it, and either way my contribution to the BO of this film will not matter because at that point it will either be a certified flop, an absolute hit, or somehwere in between.

one also has to keep in mind that the moore flick made more money, which is surprising considering people are on connery's bond much like people are on bale's batman....it was almost the equivalent of adam west beating christian bale at the BO...

Now? No.

But it has been done. Twice. Connery vs. Moore. The same year too. And both were successful.

Go to the comic book store and tell me if you see identical versions of Superman / Batman / WW in the various books. You don't. You know why? Because of variety and fresh artistic interpretation keeps the comic industry (and all forms of media) alive as a business. People are quite capable of seeing 2, 3, even 4 versions of Superman (or Batman) on the screen within a 1-2 year period and not self-imploding or getting confused.

It'll be cool to see someone else's take on the characters without having to wait a decade or two for someone to try to reinvigorate the franchises.

Let Singer have Routh. Let Nolan keep Bale (and his lame Bat-suit). Give us something new. For those who don't like it, go stand in line for the next Superman or Batman film with your idols in the tights.
I like the way you think.:up:

One cant relax until one sees the official cast list. Again, I had the upmost faith until i heard about this cast, and whether or not the rumored choices pan out or not, we're probably getting a bunch of super young names. I'd like things to work out, as DC hasnt put out a major DCU flick beside Bats and supes.

But you are indeed right. I am a fan. I probably will see it, and either way my contribution to the BO of this film will not matter because at that point it will either be a certified flop, an absolute hit, or somehwere in between.

Come on... you don't count Catwoman as a major DCU flick? :woot:

I agree... it's disheartening to think that a bunch of no-named losers could fill all the roles and break what could be the most fan-pleasing, fan-wetting film to date. But WB has a good solid history with casting no-names in title roles and having those films be successful, with those actors defining the roles they were in. Moreover, Miller has the same history with casting unknowns who were very talented and went on to do great things.

And your BO contribution will contribute approximately $1.00 to George Miller's new Ferrari fund, $4.00 to the WB to split amongst the execs who will probably all use their proceeds for hair implants and mystic tans, $2.00 to the owners of the theater you saw it at which they will use for their deadbeat kids' college funds, and $1-2.00 to split amongst the actors who were good enough to get back-end points and will probably use it to snort strawberry snow.

It will make a difference.

That is true. The WB likes to have two of them. Poseidon was supposed to be one and SR the other. Lady in the Water a Third. That is how the WB plays it.

None of those movies did very well. Poseidon and Lady In The Water were huge bombs in 06.

one also has to keep in mind that the moore flick made more money, which is surprising considering people are on connery's bond much like people are on bale's batman....it was almost the equivalent of adam west beating christian bale at the BO...

Actually, I think it'd be more appropriate to say that it's like Arm'n Hammer doing a solo film and outgrossing the concurrent Bale film.

Even established actors wear out their roles, and can be broken by bad scripts. Bale was great because he was fresh and the writing wasn't crap. But Bale in the role will get old. Connery has proven it!

Those Bond examples are erroneous. For starters . . . both those Bond films blew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"