Justice League Justice League Spoilers Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that i saw a different cut of the movie? Unless it played for like 2 seconds, i'm pretty sure i would have noticed it.

Pretty sure we saw the same cut of the film :p But if you don't pay special attention to the soundtrack you're likely to miss it. I've been spoiling the movie so much for myself, I had a lot of time to focus on the otherwise less significant aspects of the film like the CGI, scene transitions and soundtrack.

The Batmobile Parademon sequence.

Thanks for the reminder!
tenor.gif

Honest question, is anyone more hyped for Aquaman after this?

idk about MORE, since im already looking forward to Aquaman anyway :D but yes it does make me want to have the movie next month since i could sense they were really holding back with his whole backstory. its one of the few complaints i have about JL-- they were really being very frugal with Aquaman story building and stuff.

So I won't get a chance to see this until tomorrow, but I've already asked a few this question already but I wanted to see on how others here felt about it as well.

Did it feel like, by the time the film came to an end that is, that the trinity were the ones leading the League as opposed to just one person?

well they have the money shot towards the end of the movie, with the Trinity obviously at the center-- Superman, Batman then Wonder Woman-- but they were all in a line evenly, not a triangular thing like the JL cartoons (which is a good thing, equality is good). Bats and Wondy were still clearly the "leads" of the group, but Superman is getting up to speed you can sense it.

its a very nice presentation of the UNITED League, that warm fuzzy feeling that superhero movies should end with. however if you followed up on the behind the scene issues of the franchise, this same presentation also subliminally preps the possibility that the lead of the group can fall on Wondy and Supes in the future, with Bats taking a lesser role, in the event Batfleck really does bid goodbye to the franchise.

well they have the money shot towards the end of the movie, with the Trinity obviously at the center-- Superman, Batman then Wonder Woman-- but they were all in a line evenly, not a triangular thing like the JL cartoons (which is a good thing, equality is good). Bats and Wondy were still clearly the "leads" of the group, but Superman is getting up to speed you can sense it.

its a very nice presentation of the UNITED League, that warm fuzzy feeling that superhero movies should end with. however if you followed up on the behind the scene issues of the franchise, this same presentation also subliminally preps the possibility that the lead of the group can fall on Wondy and Supes in the future, with Bats taking a lesser role, in the event Batfleck really does bid goodbye to the franchise.

Thanks for the info. You may need to add "JL" in your signature in regards to finding the culprits responsible for cutting that film into a less than 2 hour film as well.:o

Seriously though, i really hope and pray that they do release an extended version of the film.

I think 90% of the people here on the board (whether they loved it or didn't) all agreed that this film could have used some more minutes to give it some breathing space.

Hell, I'd love it if they actually reinserted some of the shots that Snyder actually directed because it sounds like they just pulled a "Richard Donner-Richard Lester" scenario from Superman 2 where Whedon just filmed a several shots and inserted them in the middle of Snyder's material.

Thanks for the info. You may need to add "JL" in your signature in regards to finding the culprits responsible for cutting that film into a less than 2 hour film as well.:o

Seriously though, i really hope and pray that they do release an extended version of the film.

I think 90% of the people here on the board (whether they loved it or didn't) all agreed that this film could have used some more minutes to give it some breathing space.

Hell, I'd love it if they actually reinserted some of the shots that Snyder actually directed because it sounds like they just pulled a "Richard Donner-Richard Lester" scenario from Superman 2 where Whedon just filmed a several shots and inserted them in the middle of Snyder's material.

yeah thats also one of the few complaints i have about JL -- that running time leaves you feeling happy but not quite satisfied yknow? its like when youre crazy hungry and you gorged out on ice cream but you're not really filled yknow?

haha i will edit that in into my siggy-- as soon as i get my eyeballs on the Extended Edition or whatever the hell they'll call it (Director's cut? No not that director the other director #confusing :hehe: ) speaking of which, we might get a completely different movie if we get #PureSnyderJL, im not sure how receptive WB will be with that concept given they are actively changing the style of the franchise, swapping out Snyder for Whedon. if they are the ruthless company that i know they are, they might just give us deleted Whedon scenes and bury the rest of the Snyder stuff forever.

Having had some time to think now I figured out how they could've mde the transition of supes better.
They should've had a scene with Lois after Clark comes back to life where she tells him to go off (like she does in the movie) but have him say something about how he only remembers the world rejecting and hating him just before he died, then she could've showed him how much the world has embraced him and his ideals and how much Bruce changed and became a better person again because of him, n so on. And this way he can finally be the hero he always strived to be. This would've given him more a more natural transition into showing more confidence, you know?

Man, they just ****ed up by not giving any of them solo movies prior to JL (except for WW obviously). If they had the introductions out of the way, then this movie could have breathed and done exactly what it wanted to in a 2 hourish time frame. The fear of being called Marvel copy cats screwed them over bad. Who cares if it's copying?! It works!

I still think it could've worked without the intro movies. Just add another 20-30 minutes to the bloody run time.

Aquaman was my favorite character, along with Cyborg and Superman.

Gal Gadot is not my ideal WW, I can't get over her clunky line delivery and she looks so un-athletic in her action scenes.

I scream laughed out loud when she said "kAl-eL noooooo", I typed the letters like that to show how stupid she sounded.

I still think it could've worked without the intro movies. Just add another 20-30 minutes to the bloody run time.

Really? You think a half hour would solve the issues that an entire film would provide?

Aquaman was my favorite character, along with Cyborg and Superman.

Gal Gadot is not my ideal WW, I can't get over her clunky line delivery and she looks so un-athletic in her action scenes.

I scream laughed out loud when she said "kAl-eL noooooo", I typed the letters like that to show how stupid she sounded.

Well, English isn't her first language right?

I thought Gal was really good most of the time.

Yup. Also I loved it when Arthur casually referred to Gotham as a ****hole.

lol I loved their conversation. I think the best thing about JL are the conversations between the members really. They could do a 3 hours version of just talking, and I would enjoy the heck out of it.

Really? You think a half hour would solve the issues that an entire film would provide?

I'm not saying add an extra 30 minutes to the film we got in cinemas. I'm saying that a JL movie at 2 hours 30 mins could/should introduce Flash Cyborg and Aquaman. Honestly the only character out of the three I felt defs should've gotten more back story was Aquaman.

Speaking of those characters, I think Cyborg was my favorite character in the movie. I loved everything about him. Ray Fisher nailed it.

It stood out to me simply because I don't know why DCEU Diana would call him Kal-El and it was 1-2 frames too quick of a cut away.

She's not "bad", just not my cup of tea if you get my drift.

Too thin, lanky, and unathletic looking for starters but her acting is decent and her face is gorgeous. English not being her first language is way TOO noticeable.

Last edited:
What I didn't really get a great sense of, what I didn't find convincing, was how Superman felt coming back, coming back into the world. Yes, he stood in the cornfield thinking but...something felt missing. Also exploring why he came back suddenly having changed so much. It felt somewhat superficial and cheap. He had gone through a lot in BvS, as well as MOS. But then the payoff here just didn't feel like it was enough.... There just wasn't time to explore his arc in a very meaningful way. I guess that could be fixed in a MOS sequel...

The MOS sequel could be interesting if it showed Clark with these fresh eyes, this new perspective on humanity and his role in it. I sure hope so.

I'm not saying add an extra 30 minutes to the film we got in cinemas. I'm saying that a JL movie at 2 hours 30 mins could/should introduce Flash Cyborg and Aquaman. Honestly the only character out of the three I felt defs should've gotten more back story was Aquaman.

You'll get all the Aquaman you can muster next year :sly:

You'll get all the Aquaman you can muster next year :sly:

May I say how underwhelming "atlantis" was? They couldn't have given us a nice establishing shot of the city?

That whole Themyscira sequence was easily my favorite. There were more Amazons than we saw in the actual WW film. And the Amazons, gods, they were ripped. Especially those two holding up the doors for Hippolyta..(talking about the tall blonde plus one).

And the keep-away-the-box strategy. Why couldn't they give Atlantis and the Atlanteans the same memorable treatment? We went from the Amazons to such a letdown. 30 seconds of Mera fighting. Why even bother there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"