Justice League Justice League Spoilers Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole Themyscira sequence was easily my favorite. There were more Amazons than we saw in the actual WW film. And the Amazons, gods, they were ripped. Especially those two holding up the doors for Hippolyta..(talking about the tall blonde plus one).

And the keep-away-the-box strategy. Why couldn't they give Atlantis and the Atlanteans the same memorable treatment? We went from the Amazons to such a letdown. 30 seconds of Mera fighting. Why even bother there.

The regular Amazons are ripped and look like actual warriors, where as the most powerful Amazon looks like you could push her down.

Get an actress who's is, why get someone to play an english speaking character when they can barely speak english?

I think it suits her character. But in this movie she is given a lot of exposition dialogue which at times seems a bit difficult for her. But I had more of a problem with the unnatural dialogue they gave her, as she had to constantly stand around and explain everything.

To me, especially with Batman and WW, these characters standing around taking turns explaining the situation with generic dialogue just took away from the mystique they built up in BvS and WW's solo movie.

There was supposed to also be something about Barry making his original suit out of a 3D printer, but the explanation in this film is much better. The material coming out of a 3D printer would probably melt away really quickly. And if Bruce provided the suit, I can tell you that you won't hear the end of Marvel fans complaining that WB copied Homecoming, seeing as Tony Stark also gave Peter Parker his suit. I hope WB moves as far away from those comparisons as possible, and I'm glad that Barry was treated much more like a peer compared to Peter.

As a Spidey fan, I'm still mad Peter didn't make his own suit.

As for JL, I didn't notice at first but that scene where Barry felt on Diana's boobs was so unacessary and ...just simple awful. It had to be Whedon' scene cause it's the same as the Bruce/Natasha scene in Avengers, a scene which a lot of people hated and yet, he did it again.

From all the good directors that left WB (Rick Famuyiwa...), this is the one guy WB kept ? Before watching JL I was excited to see Batgirl, but most of the WW reshoots were either about adding some ~sexual tension between Diana/Bruce or shots like Barry falling on Diana's boobs.
171117091315875695.gif

May I say how underwhelming "atlantis" was? They couldn't have given us a nice establishing shot of the city?

They were still drawing the concept art in the art department :oldrazz:

May I say how underwhelming "atlantis" was? They couldn't have given us a nice establishing shot of the city?

tenor.gif

Nuh uh, no spoilers for you sir. Wait till the end of 2018 to be awed.

I think it suits her character. But in this movie she is given a lot of exposition dialogue which at times seems a bit difficult for her. But I had more of a problem with the unnatural dialogue they gave her, as she had to constantly stand around and explain everything.

To me, especially with Batman and WW, these characters standing around taking turns explaining the situation with generic dialogue just took away from the mystique they built up in BvS and WW's solo movie.

It must be, because I didn't have as much of a problem with her line delivery in WW.

As a Spidey fan, I'm still mad Peter didn't make his own suit.

Spidey is my second favourite comic character, and I was devastated to see what they did with Peter. Not making his own suit was the least of it. What they did with his character is even worse than Zack Snyder having Batman kill in BvS.

As for JL, I didn't notice at first but that scene where Barry felt on Diana's boobs was so unacessary and ...just simple awful. It had to be Whedon' scene cause it's the same as the Bruce/Natasha scene in Avengers, a scene which a lot of people hated and yet, he did it again.

It was just a split second long, but it's Diana's expression that I didn't like. I don't know if Gal Gadot meant to look cheeky, but it's the kind of expression a girl doesn't have when a guy runs into her boobs.

Last edited:
What I didn't really get a great sense of, what I didn't find convincing, was how Superman felt coming back, coming back into the world. Yes, he stood in the cornfield thinking but...something felt missing. Also exploring why he came back suddenly having changed so much. It felt somewhat superficial and cheap. He had gone through a lot in BvS, as well as MOS. But then the payoff here just didn't feel like it was enough.... There just wasn't time to explore his arc in a very meaningful way. I guess that could be fixed in a MOS sequel...

The MOS sequel could be interesting if it showed Clark with these fresh eyes, this new perspective on humanity and his role in it. I sure hope so.

His return definitely felt underwhelming. He just stands in the field for a few hours and he's ready to go.

His return definitely felt underwhelming. He just stands in the field for a few hours and he's ready to go.
Posted this a bit earlier.

They should've had a scene with Lois after Clark comes back to life where she tells him to go off (like she does in the movie) but have him say something about how he only remembers the world rejecting and hating him just before he died, then she could've showed him how much the world has embraced him and his ideals and how much Bruce changed and became a better person again because of him, n so on. And this way he can finally be the hero he always strives to be. This would've given him more a more natural transition into showing more confidence, you know?

Posted this a bit earlier.

They should've had a scene with Lois after Clark comes back to life where she tells him to go off (like she does in the movie) but have him say something about how he only remembers the world rejecting and hating him just before he died, then she could've showed him how much the world has embraced him and his ideals and how much Bruce changed and became a better person again because of him, n so on. And this way he can finally be the hero he always strives to be. This would've given him more a more natural transition into showing more confidence, you know?

Yeah, I agree. He just kind of randomly popped up in the final fight as well. It feels unlike Snyder. Most of Superman's scenes in the final film are from reshoots so who knows what the original plan was.

Oh that’s a shame. :csad: Was looking forward to seeing it in all its glory.

For what it's worth I felt the "boob pillow" scene was much worse in Age of Ultron.

That whole Themyscira sequence was easily my favorite. There were more Amazons than we saw in the actual WW film. And the Amazons, gods, they were ripped. Especially those two holding up the doors for Hippolyta..(talking about the tall blonde plus one).

And the keep-away-the-box strategy. Why couldn't they give Atlantis and the Atlanteans the same memorable treatment? We went from the Amazons to such a letdown. 30 seconds of Mera fighting. Why even bother there.

Awesome to hear about Themiscyra! I was really looking forward to how they treated both Themiscyra and Atlantis so I’m glad at least one of them got love here.

The Atlantis scenes were pretty lame and felt shoe-horned in. I hope the Aquaman movie doesn't look like this all the time.

It makes no sense for her to call him that though and she sounds silly saying it.
why does it make no sense again ?

u people always tru to find the little stuff, to **** on this movie, tired of this nonsense critics

im glad the audience is actually lovin this movie, thanks gOD

F Rotten tomatoes & all of them bloggers who hate on this movie, its was way too much fun & im sure alot of people want to see them again .

Okay, enjoy your ban soon.

why does it make no sense again ?

u people always tru to find the little stuff, to **** on this movie, tired of this nonsense critics

im glad the audience is actually lovin this movie, thanks gOD

F Rotten tomatoes & all of them bloggers who hate on this movie, its was way too much fun & im sure alot of people want to see them again .

I like your enthusiasm and passion, that's right stand up for what you believe in!

The Atlantis scenes were pretty lame and felt shoe-horned in. I hope the Aquaman movie doesn't look like this all the time.

Oh right. :csad: I wouldn’t have minded shoehorned in if it looked really good. At least I get to see Mera. :O

Oh right. :csad: I wouldn’t have minded shoehorned in if it looked really good. At least I get to see Mera. :O

She looked great, but her acting was terrible for me. She was doing that old fashion Shakespearean-type acting.

The more I watch the Superman/kids scene the more I don't like it. I like the idea of it, but the dialogue was bad.
"It looks like an S, is it meant to?"
"Yes, it's meant to wind. Like a river, it comes and goes. My fath- a man I knew, used to say hope is like your car keys. Easy to lose, but if you dig around it's usually close by."

I feel like they could've thought of something a little better...

The more I watch the Superman/kids scene the more I don't like it. I like the idea of it, but the dialogue was bad.
"It looks like an S, is it meant to?"
"Yes, it's meant to wind. Like a river, it comes and goes. My fath- a man I knew, used to say hope is like your car keys. Easy to lose, but if you dig around it's usually close by."

I feel like they could've thought of something a little better...

I didn't mind it, I felt they meant it to serve the purpose that Supes was in touch with the people a lot more than we're led to believe (which was the complaint of BvS)

I didn't mind it, I felt they meant it to serve the purpose that Supes was in touch with the people a lot more than we're led to believe (which was the complaint of BvS)

Yeah I liked it personally, it felt like a real conversation between an adult and a child with all the awkwardness that usually ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"