Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ЯɘvlveR;24965181 said:
I've wanted elba as well but he's heimdall.

Ryan Reynolds being Wade Wilson didn't stop him from being Hal Jordan...

There are so many accomplished and up-coming black actors that could play John Stewart that Elba isn't the only choice. In fact there are so many I don't even feel like listing them. I'm not entirely too worried about John Stewart.

Gosling - Batman
Gyllenhaal - Flash
Bomer - GL

^This I could agree on wholeheartedly!

The point about height, Majik, though is not because I saw his height and was disappointed... it was more because he looked visibly vertically challenged in this show he's on. I'm worried that may to a degree effect his ability to actually look menacing. I get what you are saying and I will try not to bring that up again but you have to understand where I'm coming from over here.

Last edited:
Despite what the disinterested say, both Gyllenhaal and Gosling are some of the best possible potentials for the role. If Gosling really has an interest in a superhero role, and it happensto be Batman, or Flash, or whoever WB owns, WB would have to be ridiculously stupid to let him go.

And I don't know about anyone else here, but can we please just start deleting comments that have to do with height? I mean seriously, it's overly idiotic, takes up a good amount of posts and it's all pointless and useless thoughts; and it gets tiresome to read through non-stop.

I'm totally with you on this, but can we also start deleting posts that mention Jensen Ackles? Because those are taking up way too much space.

Superman should be Henry Cavill obviously. But Batman is tricky. Do they reboot? Will they Continue with John Blake or Bale? Personally, what I'd like to see happen is a return of Christian Bale. The film would definitely have to explain why his stance has changed since the events of The Dark Knight Rises, and I'd also like to see whats going on with John Blake in Gotham. However, I think that would be highly unlikely to happen. The rumor is that JGL will be Batman in Justice League. I personally don't like this idea. I feel that the only Batman that should be in Justice League is Bruce Wayne. That is the character that I have grown to love since I was a child, not John Blake. I didn't love his character enough in The Dark Knight Rises for me to want to see more of him. The other option is rebooting. Last years Amazing Spider Man didnt sit as well with audiences as Sony expected it to, and I'd expect the same to happen to a rebooted Batman. Unless they get the perfect actor. Some names I like are Ryan Gosling, Karl Urban, John Hamm, Jake Gyllenhaal wouldnt be horrible, & Michael Fassbender would be great. Jack Huston is an interesting idea to think about too. As far as Wonder Woman goes, I don't like the idea of Wonder Woman having a British or American accent, I think her voice should sound Greek or just foreign enough sounding to not know where she's from. For this role, my top choice would be Olga Kurylenko. She's gorgeous, but looks convincing as a warrior (see Centurion) If they must use a woman with an American or British accent I suggest Emily Blunt, and if the part doesn't require great skill Gina Carano really looks the part, she would preferably need to get a lot better at acting before playing Wonder Woman though, her performance will decide whether she ever gets a solo film, so I don't know if WB should count on Gina's skill enough for that pressure. For the role of Hal Jordan, once again things get tricky. Do they reboot or keep Ryan Reynolds. For the sake of a shared universe, I say keep Ryan Reynolds. I didn't like the movie but it brings a little bit more credibility to the Justice League movie and I just like the idea of a shared universe. If that doesnt happen I suggest John Stewart be in the film, Idris Elba would be solid, Anthony Mackie also would've been great, too bad they're both snagged by Marvel. But if they recast Hal, I've seen Jensen Ackles suggested, I don't like this idea, this guy needs to stay on TV for sure. Chris Pine would be nice, but that's not too creative seeing how similar Kirk and Hal are. I dig the idea of Bradley Cooper as Hal Jordan though. For Flash, I've seen Ryan Gosling and Aaron Paul suggested, who would be great for a serious Barry but I'd like the character to be lighthearted, and Ryan Gosling and Aaron Paul are at their best when they're playing dark characters (Drive and Breaking Bad). For this reason I suggest Justin Timberlake, John Krasinski, and maybe James Franco. Garret Hedlund has yet to impress me but I'm open to the idea. If Aquaman is to be in the film Joel Edgerton would definitely be my first choice, Leonardo DiCaprio wouldn't suck, even though he's such a big name. It could lend credibility to the character, and his production company Appian Way was going to produce an Aquaman film that is stuck in development hell. Martian Manhunter should be played by none other than Doug Jones, basically the master of all roles that require lots of make up. His various parts in Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy convince me that Doug Jones would make a fantastic Martian Manhunter. Lance Reddick looks a lot like the character already and would be another good choice. If Ryan Reynolds returns then Angela Basset as Amanda Waller should also return. And if she returns, so should Richard Shiff as Professor Hamilton from Superman. This could set up a Checkmate storyline which would be very interesting to see on film. Vandal Savage and Maxwell Lord are two villain choices that I think would be great for an Earthly threat based film. Javier Bardem as Vandal Savage is inspired, great choice. I like the idea of Sean Penn as Maxwell Lord. Or even Mark Wahlberg? They could play up the good guy gone bad aspect with Mark Wahlberg. I think Dennis Haysbert could be fantastic as the voice of Darkseid if he is to be the villain in the film.

Last edited:
Well since Cavill is 6'1 (maybe really 6'0) and they will probably put him in 3-4 inch boots, do you want an actor that is taller than Cavill?

I never get the issues some have with height. With all of the tricks in modern film making it is not really an issue. I mean if they can make full size men into hobbits and dwarves, they can compensate for a couple inch discrepancy between actors.

Superman should be Henry Cavill obviously. But Batman is tricky. Do they reboot? Will they Continue with John Blake or Bale? Personally, what I'd like to see happen is a return of Christian Bale. The film would definitely have to explain why his stance has changed since the events of The Dark Knight Rises, and I'd also like to see whats going on with John Blake in Gotham. However, I think that would be highly unlikely to happen. The rumor is that JGL will be Batman in Justice League. I personally don't like this idea. I feel that the only Batman that should be in Justice League is Bruce Wayne. That is the character that I have grown to love since I was a child, not John Blake. I didn't love his character enough in The Dark Knight Rises for me to want to see more of him. The other option is rebooting. Last years Amazing Spider Man didnt sit as well with audiences as Sony expected it to, and I'd expect the same to happen to a rebooted Batman. Unless they get the perfect actor. Some names I like are Ryan Gosling, Karl Urban, John Hamm, Jake Gyllenhaal wouldnt be horrible, & Michael Fassbender would be great. Jack Huston is an interesting idea to think about too. As far as Wonder Woman goes, I don't like the idea of Wonder Woman having a British or American accent, I think her voice should sound Greek or just foreign enough sounding to not know where she's from. For this role, my top choice would be Olga Kurylenko. She's gorgeous, but looks convincing as a warrior (see Centurion) If they must use a woman with an American or British accent I suggest Emily Blunt, and if the part doesn't require great skill Gina Carano really looks the part, she would preferably need to get a lot better at acting before playing Wonder Woman though, her performance will decide whether she ever gets a solo film, so I don't know if WB should count on Gina's skill enough for that pressure. For the role of Hal Jordan, once again things get tricky. Do they reboot or keep Ryan Reynolds. For the sake of a shared universe, I say keep Ryan Reynolds. I didn't like the movie but it brings a little bit more credibility to the Justice League movie and I just like the idea of a shared universe. If that doesnt happen I suggest John Stewart be in the film, Idris Elba would be solid, Anthony Mackie also would've been great, too bad they're both snagged by Marvel. But if they recast Hal, I've seen Jensen Ackles suggested, I don't like this idea, this guy needs to stay on TV for sure. Chris Pine would be nice, but that's not too creative seeing how similar Kirk and Hal are. I dig the idea of Bradley Cooper as Hal Jordan though. For Flash, I've seen Ryan Gosling and Aaron Paul suggested, who would be great for a serious Barry but I'd like the character to be lighthearted, and Ryan Gosling and Aaron Paul are at their best when they're playing dark characters (Drive and Breaking Bad). For this reason I suggest Justin Timberlake, John Krasinski, and maybe James Franco. Garret Hedlund has yet to impress me but I'm open to the idea. If Aquaman is to be in the film Joel Edgerton would definitely be my first choice, Leonardo DiCaprio wouldn't suck, even though he's such a big name. It could lend credibility to the character, and his production company Appian Way was going to produce an Aquaman film that is stuck in development hell. Martian Manhunter should be played by none other than Doug Jones, basically the master of all roles that require lots of make up. His various parts in Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy convince me that Doug Jones would make a fantastic Martian Manhunter. Lance Reddick looks a lot like the character already and would be another good choice. If Ryan Reynolds returns then Angela Basset as Amanda Waller should also return. And if she returns, so should Richard Shiff as Professor Hamilton from Superman. This could set up a Checkmate storyline which would be very interesting to see on film. Vandal Savage and Maxwell Lord are two villain choices that I think would be great for an Earthly threat based film. Javier Bardem as Vandal Savage is inspired, great choice. I like the idea of Sean Penn as Maxwell Lord. Or even Mark Wahlberg? They could play up the good guy gone bad aspect with Mark Wahlberg. I think Dennis Haysbert could be fantastic as the voice of Darkseid if he is to be the villain in the film.

Holy+Wall+of+Text.jpg

I never get the issues some have with height. With all of the tricks in modern film making it is not really an issue. I mean if they can make full size men into hobbits and dwarves, they can compensate for a couple inch discrepancy between actors.
why go through all the trouble when you can get someone taller lol

Because they might not be as good of an actor... Lol

are they as good as elba tho?

Yes. Elba isn't the best black actor out. In fact no one was really checking for him until he was heimdal. Once he was in Thor more fans were suggesting him for superhero films than they had before. Sure there are the few that saw his earlier bodies of work or watched Luther, but for the most part nobody was really checking for Elba before he did Superhero films. He was just another talented black actor.

Let's give someone else a shot. Then I'm sure fans on the boards will be suggesting that new actor for every black role too lol :p

There are many black actors established in their 30-40s and up-and-coming that would make a good John Stewart.

I also posted another post where I said that boots, camera angles and movie magic could compensate for height.

Because they might not be as good of an actor... Lol

True. I would rather the actor look the part and be a solid actor then not look the part and be an award winning actor for a JL movie. I don't really care for big names. Henry Cavill isn't an household big name and he is Superman. We don't need big names to lend credibility to the roles. Actors that look the part and are solid and believable as the characters is fine.

So tired of hearing Gosling and Gyllenhaal and Cooper. I could buy Gosling as Flash, I guess, if I had to, but don't want to see the other two play superheroes just cause they keep getting mentioned.

@Rorschach2012...Dude....use some indents or the "enter" button from time to time lol.

Zionite1: Gyllenhaal for Hal Jordan. Just take a look at stills from End of Watch.

Honestly I think he cld play both flash and Gl,I just prefer his looks for Flash.

So what do you thik of the reat of my casting choices
justiceleaguefan.jpg

To the guy who keeps rishing after me to bury mysuggestions under a wave of his suggestion-STAY AWAY

I'm not big on John Stewart. I'm a gigantic Green Lantern fan (in case you couldn't tell, and if you couldn't, nice to meet you. :yay:) and he's fine in the comics when there are 4 or 5 Green Lantern stories every month. But to be the main Green Lantern in a movie that only happens once every 2 or 3 years, I don't think he's interesting enough. But the movie could be a good opportunity to put some umph in him.

There are a lot of actors I'd be OK with as John, but Elba is the only one that would get me legitimately excited without seeing any dialogue or footage beforehand.

Ryan Reynolds being Wade Wilson didn't stop him from being Hal Jordan...

he played him once. is he still attached to wade? heimdall is probably going to be in all of the thor movies, and there is no telling what else marvel has in store.

I'm not big on John Stewart. I'm a gigantic Green Lantern fan (in case you couldn't tell, and if you couldn't, nice to meet you. :yay:) and he's fine in the comics when there are 4 or 5 Green Lantern stories every month. But to be the main Green Lantern in a movie that only happens once every 2 or 3 years, I don't think he's interesting enough. But the movie could be a good opportunity to put some umph in him.

There are a lot of actors I'd be OK with as John, but Elba is the only one that would get me legitimately excited without seeing any dialogue or footage beforehand.

I honestly would rather see Hal Jordan.

I love the 'Ryan Gosling' suggestions! Count me officially on the bandwagon! The guy could play any role for my money!

Also Witwer! That guy deserves his big break if cinematic vacuums like Worthington and Kitsch can get theirs!

Katie McGrath, though pretty is too short at 5'6" to play an amazon/goddess usually listed at least 5'10" or 5'11" (depending on the era of comics).

Here's my updated take:

Superman: Henry Cavill

Henry-Cavill-Superman-est-celibataire_portrait_w532.jpg

Batman: Ryan Gosling

120827b_ryan_gosling.jpg

Wonder Woman: Alexandra Daddario

alexandra-daddario-1.jpg

Green Lantern: Jake Gyllenhaal

prince-movie.jpg

Flash: Charlie Hunnam

charlie-hunnam-1340045573.jpg

Aquaman: Alexander Skarsgard

alexander-skarsgard-sexiest-bad-boy.jpg

Martian Manhunter: Dennis Haysbert

Dennis-Haysbert.jpeg

Last edited:
So you don't like it?

I guess you're not onboard with some of the finest actors working today (Daddario notwithstanding) who might be the right 'type' for the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"