Justice League Justice League Spoilers Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Atlantis looked beautiful, and the CGI work there was incredible. But yeah, it's just abrupt in its introduction. Needed an establishing shot of the city.

Speaking of Atlantis, did anyone else go "what the hell?" when we get the shot that we see in the trailer of Aquaman swimming towards the armor and trident....and it wasn't there? Just a dead Atlantean. Those changes are what really makes me want wonder what the hell Snyder wanted to do.

Same with the Hanger! I'm sure in the set visits they said it was meant to be near Gotham harbor, then in the movie it's somehow an extension of the batcave?!!!

Saw the leaked footage DAMN that thing is glorious. The look on Flash as Superman catches up to him

Speaking of Atlantis, did anyone else go "what the hell?" when we get the shot that we see in the trailer of Aquaman swimming towards the armor and trident....and it wasn't there? Just a dead Atlantean. Those changes are what really makes me want wonder what the hell Snyder wanted to do.

There were also behind the scenes shots of Momoa paying a visit to the current king of Atlantis that wasn't there. I assume the conversation with Mera was used to summarize what previously was there - ie. some full on meeting with the leadership of Atlantis.

Get an actress who's is, why get someone to play an english speaking character when they can barely speak english?

Knowing English doesn't mean you're English. Diversity fam and not all characters are from English speaking nations.

Knowing English doesn't mean you're English. Diversity fam and not all characters are from English speaking nations.

I didn't say anything about being english and I don't mind diversity but when it effects delivering lines properly I do.

I actually like the fact that Gal Gadot has an accent, I hope they do a different accent for the Atlanteans (a bit hard to tell from Mera tbh), will make the world look like a larger more diverse place if so.

There were also behind the scenes shots of Momoa paying a visit to the current king of Atlantis that wasn't there. I assume the conversation with Mera was used to summarize what previously was there - ie. some full on meeting with the leadership of Atlantis.

I’m pretty sure Momoa was supposed to have a scene with Willem Dafoe before the attack happens.

I really need to see this movie in its original intended form.

Man.....if it is true that WB demanded the film be cut to 2 hrs.....

It sucks because I want an extended cut of the film with these additional scenes, but does that mean that they will cut out scene from the theatrical cut? It'd have to wouldn't it? So if that true, would WB care about having two completely different movies?

I they don't, I wanna see what the hell Zack and Chris actually planned.

I’m pretty sure Momoa was supposed to have a scene with Willem Dafoe before the attack happens.

I really need to see this movie in its original intended form.

Same :csad:

I actually like the fact that Gal Gadot has an accent, I hope they do a different accent for the Atlanteans (a bit hard to tell from Mera tbh), will make the world look like a larger more diverse place if so.

Same :up:

Posted this a bit earlier.

They should've had a scene with Lois after Clark comes back to life where she tells him to go off (like she does in the movie) but have him say something about how he only remembers the world rejecting and hating him just before he died, then she could've showed him how much the world has embraced him and his ideals and how much Bruce changed and became a better person again because of him, n so on. And this way he can finally be the hero he always strives to be. This would've given him more a more natural transition into showing more confidence, you know?

That could've done wonders. He had all these issues from MOS and BvS about his place in the world and they just swept all that under the rug. It kind of undermined the previous movies to me, especially MOS.

Yeah, I agree. He just kind of randomly popped up in the final fight as well. It feels unlike Snyder. Most of Superman's scenes in the final film are from reshoots so who knows what the original plan was.

So Snyder's work doesn't seem to be there much...this is kind of sad when you think about starting this journey with Superman in MOS.

Oh that’s a shame. :csad: Was looking forward to seeing it in all its glory.

I thought Atlantis looked beautiful, and the CGI work there was incredible. But yeah, it's just abrupt in its introduction. Needed an establishing shot of the city.

I was expecting an establishing shot too. Not just a section of the city where the action takes place. There wasn't much there. But I guess an establishing shot was just too much commitment at this point. :o

Superman looked like Agent Smith in the first scene. :funny:

you are not off with this

200.gif

I didn't mind it, I felt they meant it to serve the purpose that Supes was in touch with the people a lot more than we're led to believe (which was the complaint of BvS)

Exactly.

I just wished the quality of the video (since it was from a phone) was 240p. It would have made the mustache CGI less noticeable.

Is Atlantis fully underwater? Like...once you pass the barrier into the actual city, is it dry land? I'm just curious if EVERYTHING in Aquaman is gonna be filed with water, and we aren't gonna get any sort of relief from that filming method?

In the movie they form an air bubble so they can talk, so there has to be a waterless environment in Atlantis. I don't see them creating air bubbles every time there's dialogue.

In the movie they form an air bubble so they can talk, so there has to be a waterless environment in Atlantis. I don't see them creating air bubbles every time there's dialogue.

It was interesting when Mera created the air bubble for her and Aquaman to talk in but it was a bit of a surprise. But yeah we haven't yet seen the other parts of Atlantis, the palaces or whatever they will have. We just saw where they kept the Mother Box.

Man, they just ****ed up by not giving any of them solo movies prior to JL (except for WW obviously). If they had the introductions out of the way, then this movie could have breathed and done exactly what it wanted to in a 2 hourish time frame. The fear of being called Marvel copy cats screwed them over bad. Who cares if it's copying?! It works!

They wussed out by not making JL a true two-parter. Given that it's WB, a ballsy move would've been to make Justice League 3, 4 or 5 movies long and make it their Harry Potter franchise replacement.

Actually, making JL a 2-parter would have led to harsher reviews. Critics tend to view these "2-part movies" as "Why couldn't it be one movie? This movie is just trying to set up for the next movie and suffers for it". They did it for Hunger Games and Harry Potter. MCU's getting away with it because they changed the titles, even though the next 2 Avengers films are 2 parters.

Is Atlantis fully underwater? Like...once you pass the barrier into the actual city, is it dry land? I'm just curious if EVERYTHING in Aquaman is gonna be filed with water, and we aren't gonna get any sort of relief from that filming method?

I think maybe not. There was one scene where aquaman's chick removed the water out of a room so that they could have a talk (after SW takes the motherbox).

Actually, making JL a 2-parter would have led to harsher reviews. Critics tend to view these "2-part movies" as "Why couldn't it be one movie? This movie is just trying to set up for the next movie and suffers for it". They did it for Hunger Games and Harry Potter. MCU's getting away with it because they changed the titles, even though the next 2 Avengers films are 2 parters.

But it's suffering on individual merit at the moment precisely because of lack of adequate setup. It depends if you're confident on it's ability to shine as part of a greater whole which they obviously weren't.

And for HP, the only one that I think suffered from being a setup movie was Half-Blood Prince (and Death Hallows Part 1 to a lesser degree).

If they release an ultimate edition how long would it be? 2¾hrs? 3hrs? Longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"