Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'd actually like to see him do something smaller budget after JL. Something that restricts his access to green screen and special effects and forces him to instead get creative with the film making process, specifically writing.

The dude is super talented! He's awesome with creating snapshots. He really knows how to set things up so that we'll geek over how cool and comic-like a shot looks, which should be commended! He also is pretty darn good at choosing his cast. I don't think there was a better choice for Superman and Snyder surrounded Cavill with a wonderful cast!

But I feel like he hasn't grown much as a filmmaker since his first movie, Dawn of the Dead, which is actually his highest rated movie on RT. I'd like to see him be able to coherently tell a good story rather than set up scenes just to get to the next snapshot moment. That all starts with the script, which he's unfortunately not the best with. I feel like he puts so much emphasis on setting up the cool shots that the script suffers from it. It's almost like he comes up with all the shots in his head and becomes so married to them that he has to make the script fit those shots. I'm not saying that's ACTUALLY what he does, but that's just what it feels like.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, what I'd really like to see from him is to evolve as a film maker. Man of Steel was a step in the direction, but that's because Godfather Nolan was involved. It feels the least Snyderesque of his films but it also feels the most inspired. I'd really like to see him take more of those strides, where he's trying to rise above his status quo and produce better STORIES...not just better visuals.

Maybe he could do something like what Joss is doing now with Batgirl. Go down from the giant teamup movies to a smaller street level superhero story.

As a fan of Snyder's contributions to the DCEU, I really do wanna see how does with a smaller street level character over the larger scale stuff. I really think he could shine.

Twitter is going wild over Zack's savage-ness.

C8N9JwtUIAMgMqp.jpg

Some tweets which made me laugh :
"When Gods hurl thunderbolts ⚡⚡"
"This is what I've been wanting.
Like Mangold and James Gunn shut down baseless BS before it snowballs."
"I don't even care about Justice League anymore I hope it's just a two hour movie of Zack and all the directors firing shots @ bloggers"
"Zack is starting to reply people. His savage mode is revealing itself..."
"It definitely seems Zack has gotten sick of the bs articles that bloggers are posting, good for him"
"Savage Zack Snyder is the best Zack Snyder"
"The speed with which he replied to this makes me believe he's always silently watching and judging us"

QONVIyz.gif

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

Twitter is going wild over Zack's savage-ness.

C8N9JwtUIAMgMqp.jpg

Some tweets which made me laugh :

QONVIyz.gif

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

Fools. For years they've been poking the bear...now, the beast awakens... #SNYDRA

A bit more respect towards the man, who is already better than Nolan and Spielberg.

Let's not get carried away now, Villeneuve is one of the finest directors working to day but he still has abit of a way to go to prove that he's on Spielberg's level, although he ain't that far off Nolan.

I'm surprised Zack has lasted this long. It's just been constant BS since like 2012/2013.

I'm surprised Zack has lasted this long. It's just been constant BS since like 2012/2013.
He’s enrolled in the M. Night School of Persistence and Eventual Reward.

We’ll see if he graduates. :o

Honestly, even though his performance in SS was pretty meh for me, I do want to see more of Leto. Especially under Snyder or Reeves direction if possible. There was a lot of good stuff there.

Glad he's still repping DC. Seems to me he plans on sticking around. Don't know why I felt like he might dip out.

Honestly, even though his performance in SS was pretty meh for me, I do want to see more of Leto. Especially under Snyder or Reeves direction if possible. There was a lot of good stuff there.

Glad he's still repping DC. Seems to me he plans on sticking around. Don't know why I felt like he might dip out.

leto did seem unhappy in interviews that so much of his scenes in SS were cut.
i felt he did just OK overall as the Joker. in some parts i thought he was doing a good job, but in other parts i thought he was over-doing it.
he just needs to refine his performance for subsequent sequels.
so i hope he stays in the dceu - and i would like snyder to direct him as well.
snyder seems to get lot of good performances from his actors.

but honestly, when ur coming in after Heath Ledger, it's gonna be tough.

he's stone-faced in all the cinemacon pics. that kind of gives some credence to the rumors that he wanted to bail on the dceu and bore resentment towards WB. But the instagram pic proves otherwise (?) maybe

leto did seem unhappy in interviews that so much of his scenes in SS were cut.
i felt he did just OK overall as the Joker. in some parts i thought he was doing a good job, but in other parts i thought he was over-doing it.
he just needs to refine his performance for subsequent sequels.
so i hope he stays in the dceu - and i would like snyder to direct him as well.
snyder seems to get lot of good performances from his actors.

but honestly, when ur coming in after Heath Ledger, it's gonna be tough.

I agree that he was overdoing it in some parts and that made me like him in the role less but you can technically rationalize the "overdoing it" parts as intentional on the part of the character since he is the Joker afterall :oldrazz:

I just would love to see Leto's Joker with Wilkinson's touch. If Snyder ever gets a shot...ima need new pants.

I agree that Leto might attone for his Joker and deserves another chance. SS was a colossal pile of crap and i blame Ayer for most of it. Hasn't done anything good since '01, and for what we know that were their creative choices, they were all bad.

"Assault on Arkham" did in 75 mins what Ayer couldn't in 134 mins with an all-star cast, and in the process ruin the Joker. It's almost like he intended to sabotage the DCEU. With an insipid and bland firework movie at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"