Justice Society of America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackest Night: JSA #1 Preview

a1mgya.jpg

zuxom.jpg

The mystery men of yesterday are back and they seek the hearts of their new counterparts!

It's Mr. Terrific vs. Mr. Terrific, Dr. Midnite vs. Dr. Midnite, Sand vs Wesley Dodds! Can the new generation of heroes survive the rise of the Black Lantern JSA? Find out in this all-new miniseries from original JSA co-writer James Robinson and rising star artist Eddy Barrows (BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN)!

- DC

The time has passed for these kinds of mini-series. Seriously, does anybody want to read more "oh no, dead people we knew are back and trying to kill us, whatever shall we do?!" stories at this point? After the plot of the Blackest Night mini itself has finally started lurching forward again?

The time has passed for these kinds of mini-series. Seriously, does anybody want to read more "oh no, dead people we knew are back and trying to kill us, whatever shall we do?!" stories at this point? After the plot of the Blackest Night mini itself has finally started lurching forward again?

The newer Blackest Night minis (Flash and Wonder Woman) seem to have started off before Blackest Night #5 with the upcoming issues dealing with the events after everyone who has previously died is now a Black Lantern. I don't see why Blackest Night: Justice Society of America will not be like those.

28jl8ck.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #37
On sale MARCH 31 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by BILL WILLINGHAM
Art by JESUS MERINO & JESSE DELPERDANG
Cover by JESUS MERINO
The war takes a turn for the worse for the JSA as the enemy fires up their super power-negating “Darkness Engine.” But the terror rises when the team learns that the machine is powered by the black egg that used to be their colleague Obsidian!

2qdsrrl.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #38
On sale APRIL 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Art by JESUS MERINO& JESSE DELPERDANG
Cover by JESUS MERINO
The Nazis have succeeded and taken over America, which is leading to the scheduled executions of the major heroes and villains in the U.S.! But Mr. Terrific may have figured out a way to topple the Fourth Reich using their own Darkness Engine against them...

352pwdt.jpg

MAGOG #8
On sale APRIL 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by KEITH GIFFEN
Art by TOM DERENICK & RODNEY RAMOS
Cover by HOWARD PORTER & JOHN DELL
The Shield intervenes in an effort to help Magog against an unearthly menace. But that only serves to amplify Magog’s growing personality crisis!

14w50dg.jpg

POWER GIRL #11
On sale APRIL 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by JIMMY PALMIOTTI & JUSTIN GRAY
Art and cover by AMANDA CONNER
Power Girl’s life has been torn apart, and the last thing she needs is to find out that one of her closest allies is now one of her deadliest enemies! But, we’re sorry to say, that’s exactly what Satanna has managed to serve up!

2n8ri88.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #39
On sale MAY 26 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Art by JESUS MERINO & JESSE DELPERDANG
Cover by JESUS MERINO
Mr. Terrific gathers the ragged remains of the Justice Society in a last-ditch attack on the Fourth Reich, and their power-negating Darkness Engine. If they fail this time, there's no coming back from the devastation!

JSA #36 Preview

34dlhn8.jpg

2h3ug4o.jpg

The discovery of exactly who was behind the recent attacks on Obsidian and other members of the Justice Society puts the team on the trail of a true Axis of Evil! This means war!

On Sale February 24, 2010

Bizarre, a new spin on a nazi regime...I don't buy that Alans bought it, since I don't know how you can 'kill' magic. Maybe he just phased out temporarily.

Still, not a good sign for greenie...we're back to the scratch again.

I see Terrific has gray temples...so either there's time travel involved or he's hooked up with Parallax...:yay:

Bizarre, a new spin on a nazi regime...I don't buy that Alans bought it, since I don't know how you can 'kill' magic. Maybe he just phased out temporarily.

Still, not a good sign for greenie...we're back to the scratch again.

I see Terrific has gray temples...so either there's time travel involved or he's hooked up with Parallax...:yay:

I don't know if they reconned it, but his only weakness is wood. So how they explained what happened makes sense. I also like how they explained what happened to Wildcat.

I've been having a hard time reading JSA since Johns left because the stories have been more action driven and the separation of the teams has been distracting. There doesn't seem to be a cohesiveness, but the latest arc War and Remembrance has renewed my interest in the JSA. A reviewer had said the story so far is like "X-Men:Days of Future Past." The curse/blessing is that this story will probably be a alternate future because of how they disassembled a good deal of the teammates. I'm thrilled they are using the Fourth Reich from Johns reboot of the JSA. Got to have the WWII JSA members fight some Nazis.

9ih4le.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #40
On sale JUNE 23 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by BILL WILLINGHAM * Art by JESUS MERINO & JESSE DELPERDANG * Cover by JESUS MERINO
The Fourth Reich's Darkness Engine is turned against them in the powerless JSA's last-ditch attack on the Nazi Empire! As the future looks its darkest, a lost teammate returns who just might give the heroes an advantage they need!

14m821w.jpg

JSA ALL-STARS #7
On sale JUNE 2 * 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
Written by MATTHEW STURGES
Co-feature written by JEN VAN METER
Art and cover by FREDDIE WILLIAMS II
Co-feature art by TRAVIS MOORE & DAN GREEN
Following Damage's untimely death in BLACKEST NIGHT, the All-Stars gather to pay their respects to their fallen comrade.
In the co-feature, their powers and abilities may not be enough to help the unusual team of Liberty Belle, Hourman, Tigress and Icicle when they face various death traps left on their trail to finding the Staff of Life!

So, out of interest, is Obsidian still an egg? Or has that Idiot Plot been resolved yet?

j9bimd.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #41
On sale JULY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by james robinson • Art by MARK BAGLEY & NORM RAPMUND • Cover by MARK BAGLEY & JESUS MERINO • 1:25 “DC 75th Anniversary” Variant cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
In part 2 of the JLA/JSA crossover, the Starheart has staked its claim on Alan Scott and his kids Jade and Obsidian! Can the combined might of the Justice Society and the Justice League break up the newly reunited family before they unwittingly unleash serious damage on the DC Universe?
Also features the second piece of the 5-part interconnecting cover by Mark Bagley and Jesus Merino!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

Hello KendaMan & All: I'm with you. The character-driven stories always seem to have more going for them than the "action" oriented arcs. I hope the writing in JSA will reflect that style in the future. Don't get me wrong. You need plenty of action for JSA to be at its' best, but the character-based books work better for me. Jmho, best, Madelow.

Hahahahaha. That's pretty good. Indecently, are you from Portland, Oregon by chance? JUst guessing by the "hella"

Bay Area, California. Close, though! Well, closer than a lot of other places.

#40 was great, especially all the stuff with Todd and Alan.
Don't know why Jessie went to the JLA, but she'll come home eventually I hope

#40 was great, especially all the stuff with Todd and Alan.
Don't know why Jessie went to the JLA, but she'll come home eventually I hope

I am glad that she is Jessie Quick again
icon14.gif

She went back to that name and everything? I prefer the "Liberty Belle" name, personally. "Jesse Quick" sounds more like a stage name than a superhero name. "Liberty Belle" was a nice reminder that she had more to her background than just her father's legacy, too.

She went back to that name and everything? I prefer the "Liberty Belle" name, personally. "Jesse Quick" sounds more like a stage name than a superhero name. "Liberty Belle" was a nice reminder that she had more to her background than just her father's legacy, too.

Yes she is going by Jesse Quick now.

Liberty Belle is not a bad name but I like the Jesse Quick name better

I think they went in that direction because
the team lacked a speedster and female speedsters are pretty rare

No kidding. Jesse Quick, X-S, and now li'l Iris and that's pretty much it.

Scott Kolins Joins JSA

23moeva.jpg

Marc Guggenheim isn’t the only big name signing up for the Justice Society. Come October, artist Scott Kolins will be stepping aboard the series for a spell, and, well, that begs for a peek at some art, no?
Before we show off the goods, we checked in with JSA editor Mike Carlin for a little background on what makes Kolins such a great fit for the Justice Society:

“Scott Kolins is a classic artist— not just a comics artist, but an artist who is always striving to create something new… Something vital that hasn’t existed before. Scott first did this on his acclaimed run of FLASH with Geoff Johns… And he’s doing it again with his current work on JSA! This is a Scott Kolins for the future— for the Justice Society of the future! Remarkable and new.”
And here’s that art we promised…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back