• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Kong: Skull Island - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally watched it in cinema. Good movie. At the end when I settled down to procees everything, and think about it for a moment. Yes, characters could have been more developed beside John C Riley character as most were canoon fooder for rest of the monsters. I think we could have get few more scenes of backstory of John Goodman character and we could have make a bigger deal about Sam Jackson character to do what the wanted to do, as well of Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston characters. But I was ok with what we got. I am not sure at this moment if we got those scenes, would we feel in process does movie start to drag out a bit? Cause we already in 2005 got similar thing where you could cut 30 minutes of movie and you wouldnt notice it. So like I said i was ok with it. Kong scenes were great, he was the character and not just a monster. We got through dialogue (most of it from C Riley) and few scenes his motivation and you enjoyed him.

CGI and music was atleast to me great. Cinematography also. Even though some of dialogue and humor felt flat, It was ok for me. Didnt put me off from overall movie. Bad humour is part of american army so it felt more realistic than anything else. Not everyone in the world is comedian.

It was fun blockbuster popcorn movie for sure. It wasnt perfect movie, but it was enjoyable movie.

Just watched the 1976 movie again for kicks as I haven't seen it since I was a kid. As I've been rewatching Godzilla flicks the past couple of days. I forgot Jeff Bridges was in it. So Jeff Bridges in '76 Kong, and John Goodman in the 2017 Kong. The Dude provides, lol. Now just need Buscemi to appear in Kong vs Godzilla.

Which is always encouraging because Kong certainly deserves one. Whether it's set in the past or present, I don't care, I'll just be happy to have a Kong sequel at some point.

Yep, would be happy with a sequel set before or after the vs movie.

Either way they decide to go, given what was done with the SkullCrawlers I can't wait to see what other creatures come out of Skull Island.

Kong is really making a killing OS. It's already at $477 million Worldwide and will easily pass $500 million by the end of next week. Godzilla is locked to go down as the highest grossing Monsterverse movie so far and it will probably end up as high as $570-$580 million which is pretty incredible considering it didn't have the hype or the big OW numbers of Godzilla.

It crossed that profit threshold Warners and Legendary hoped for ($450M-$500M), so Godzilla vs. Kong is a foregone conclusion.

Does anyone else hope that Jordan Vogt-Roberts signs on for Godzilla vs. Kong? He did a better job of balancing action and story than Gareth Edwards did with Godzilla.

It crossed that profit threshold Warners and Legendary hoped for ($450M-$500M), so Godzilla vs. Kong is a foregone conclusion.

Does anyone else hope that Jordan Vogt-Roberts signs on for Godzilla vs. Kong? He did a better job of balancing action and story than Gareth Edwards did with Godzilla.

I've been thinking this as well. It'd be awesome if the project ended up in his hands. With Edwards gone and SI being a success, I think it's a possibility at this point. If it happens, at least we'd know the characters won't be so dull and grim.

Kong is really making a killing OS. It's already at $477 million Worldwide and will easily pass $500 million by the end of next week. Godzilla is locked to go down as the highest grossing Monsterverse movie so far and it will probably end up as high as $570-$580 million which is pretty incredible considering it didn't have the hype or the big OW numbers of Godzilla.

I'm shocked. I was worried that SI wouldn't do enough business and now it's pretty much a lock to pass not only Godzilla but the '05 Kong as well. I could even see this reaching as high as $600 million WW when it's all said and done. The suits have to be pleased with that.

Last edited:

It's my understanding that Metal Gear Solid is his next project. That could easily change though.

I'm sure Legendary has been talking to Vogt-Roberts since the opening weekend.

I'm sure Legendary has been talking to Vogt-Roberts since the opening weekend.

I wouldn't doubt that either. I can't imagine how much more interesting the conversations got once SI really started breaking out.

Jordan Vogt-Roberts @VogtRoberts

Kong just past 500 million at the world wide box office. Thanks to everyone who went and supported the crazy film we made.

C8r9_HRV0AA8bEh.jpg

Cool. Ready for some MGS.

Is MGS definitely going to be his next movie?

Interesting if so, i thought Assassins Creed bombing might temper it getting made. I think he is a good pick for an MGS movie, but he needs to do better with the characters for MGS than he did for Kong

Another soul-less film bailed out by the international box office.

Can't say I'm surprised - they tend to eat up the CGI blockbusters.

We came for monster action, and got it. Not sure why it would be considered soulless. Maybe the genre isn't for you.

Again, I'm not sure what you were expecting. It's a monster movie and it delivers completely on that forefront. Sorry that this wasn't the Oscar caliber film you were hoping for.

Heaven forbid people enjoy something you don't. :whatever:

I don't know man, there are certainly some elements that were a little undercooked but I dont know if I could ever accuse this film of being souless. It definitely had thematic points that it swung hard for and went hard I delivering on the creature feature premise.

John C Reilly and Sam Jackson were both compelling and the other soldiers had a solid Aliens dynamic going. It is only a quirk of the marketing that the predicted focus was shifted to Larson and Hiddleston.

Last edited:
You're not gonna find a happy medium with kaiju movies. You can't go full Peter Jackson and have it up its own ass, nor can you just go full Michael Bay and have it just be a bunch of smashy smashy. It's a fine line and you're gonna slightly go over it all the time.

I don't know man, there are certainly some elements that were a little u dercoomed but Ido t k ow if I could ever accuse this film of being g souless. It definitely had thematic points that it swung hard for and went hard I delivering on the creature feature premise.

Given the arc of John C. Reilly's character, the last thing I'd ever call this film is soulless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"