Kryptonite in first film... Extent of use?

I hope its somehow mentioned or hinted at, but never actually used as a part of the plot. That belongs in sequels.

Yeah, I hope it's at least hinted. Kryptonite is a big part of Superman lore.

I think Kryptonite is essential to the Superman mythos. But I also think they should wait to introduce it until the next movie, teasing it MoS at the most.

I'm really curious what you guys think of this idea.
General Zod along with his partner are sentenced to eternity in outer space. Have the prison be a small craft orbiting kryptonite if you want. Superman's parents send him into outer space in his craft right before the planet explodes. Meanwhile the craft containing baby Superman creates a wormhole to begin it's journey towards earth. When the wormhole opens up and sucks in Superman giant chunks of the exploded planet, kryptonite, get sucked in as well. Then the kryptonite hitches a ride through the wormhole all the way to earth alongside baby superman .

This would explain how chunks of kryptonite make it to earth out of all the possible planets it could land on.

You could also have zod get sucked into the wormhole..

I'm really curious what you guys think of this idea.
General Zod along with his partner are sentenced to eternity in outer space. Have the prison be a small craft orbiting kryptonite if you want. Superman's parents send him into outer space in his craft right before the planet explodes. Meanwhile the craft containing baby Superman creates a wormhole to begin it's journey towards earth. When the wormhole opens up and sucks in Superman giant chunks of the exploded planet, kryptonite, get sucked in as well. Then the kryptonite hitches a ride through the wormhole all the way to earth alongside baby superman .

This would explain how chunks of kryptonite make it to earth out of all the possible planets it could land on.

You could also have zod get sucked into the wormhole..

How much Kryptonite we talkin here?

It's not necessary to specify how much. You just show chunks flying into the wormhole. You even show chunks of rock turning green.

No Kryptonite in the first movie please! We still don't know anything about how Zod arrives on Earth. Was he in the Phantom Zone? Was he stuck lost in space after Krypton's destruction? I can only hope, whatever way they choose to bring Zod to Earth, Clark will reverse it and send him back that way

No Kryptonite in the first movie please! We still don't know anything about how Zod arrives on Earth. Was he in the Phantom Zone? Was he stuck lost in space after Krypton's destruction? I can only hope, whatever way they choose to bring Zod to Earth, Clark will reverse it and send him back that way
like Avenger, the portal of difference dimension / wormhole? Been done. If copycat, it will be condemned severely since Avenger is so damn well received.

reveal it but don't use it till another film unless its found and Superman uses it to stop Zod some how like the in the 80's comic

I don't mind it being there, but they need to avoid over-using as it can easily be an over-used plot device. It starts to get silly.

I'm a fan of giving him more powerful villains and keeping kryptonite use to a minimum.

Perhaps downplay how much it effects him, as that might discourage its being used too much.

I wish they would just forget kryptonite all together. It was a plot device back in the days because superman was too powerful, now days they don't need kryptonite, superman isnt as strong as he used to be and just about anyone can go toe to toe with superman without kryptonite.

I've only a few rules when it comes to competent use of kryptonite:

1) Extremely rare. As in, you can't find it on Earth at all. And the one piece you get is relatively small, say 2-3 pounds. You could even have a whole subplot of a movie dealing with denizens of Earth becoming aware that kryptonite even exists and having a MacGuffin chase for the thing, with multiple characters being killed to obtain it.

2) Does a lot more than kill Superman. Post-Crisis they depicted kryptonite as being an alien fuel source left over from a kryptonian superweapon's effect on krypton's core. I say you make it clear that it can actually fuel things like Metallo and is highly responsive. I also like the idea that it can poison and kill humans over time, making it more of a nightmarish super-radioactive element.

3) Does not appear in the first movie. Superman and Zod should be enough of a smackdown for us to avoid insta-kill glowing green rocks.

I say you attach it to Brainiac's ship in the second movie and have him be the excuse for it's transport.

1) Extremely rare. As in, you can't find it on Earth at all. And the one piece you get is relatively small, say 2-3 pounds. You could even have a whole subplot of a movie dealing with denizens of Earth becoming aware that kryptonite even exists and having a MacGuffin chase for the thing, with multiple characters being killed to obtain it.

2) Does a lot more than kill Superman. Post-Crisis they depicted kryptonite as being an alien fuel source left over from a kryptonian superweapon's effect on krypton's core. I say you make it clear that it can actually fuel things like Metallo and is highly responsive. I also like the idea that it can poison and kill humans over time, making it more of a nightmarish super-radioactive element.

3) Does not appear in the first movie. Superman and Zod should be enough of a smackdown for us to avoid insta-kill glowing green rocks.

I say you attach it to Brainiac's ship in the second movie and have him be the excuse for it's transport.

Bingo. I echo these sentiments.

As excited as I am for MOS, I may be even more excited about the sequel possibilities - bringing characters like Brainiac to life in cinematic fashion for the first time ever... it just has to happen. No one better than Snyder to tackle that on a visual level, too. Fingers crossed.

While I don't actually want it, it would be 'interesting' if you get to a point that Superman felt he HAD to use it against Zod and Faora, because they just won't stop fighting so it's either kryptonite or kill them.

At the very least it'd show Superman's character: doesn't want to kill, is clever etc...

But no, wouldn't want to see it in first movie. Lex, after hearing about Superman's planet, starts hypothesizing it's existence...

No, not the first film in a new saga.

A lot of good points here. :up:

Hey, I got a GREAT Original Idea.

Ok…

Lex Luthor, makes a whole CONTINTENT, laced with Kryptonite.

Then, when superman lands on it, he is de-powered, and we get a pseudo prison rape scene, in what will amount to the only fight in the movie, complete with Superman being shanked by Lex with a shard of Kryptonite.

That would rule!

Ok…

Then, when superman lands on it, he is de-powered, and we get a pseudo prison rape scene, in what will amount to the only fight in the movie, complete with Superman being shanked by Lex with a shard of Kryptonite.

That would rule!

21y8hh.gif

Ok…

That would rule!
Super idea!!! That’s the way to treat superman proper and good! Quick pitch to WB!!! They will buy it in split second.

Super idea!!! That’s the way to treat superman proper and good! Quick pitch to WB!!! They will buy it in split second.

I even have a computer generated simulation. I made it myself. Even added Kal Penn (Kumar) as a silly joke. :oldrazz:

[YT]UaCu2C3234c[/YT]

But more or less this is what fans have come to expect.

I even have a computer generated simulation. I made it myself. Even added Kal Penn (Kumar) as a silly joke. :oldrazz:

[YT]UaCu2C3234c[/YT]

But more or less this is what fans have come to expect.

WOAAAAHHH that was so radical dude! You wanna know how to make it even epicer?! you should have superman come back and then lift the whole kryptonite continent into space because ***** logic

:O epic!!! pure awesome!!! I see it’s gonna make billions!!! Easily can slash the Avatar record!!! WB where r u!!!???

I wish they would just forget kryptonite all together. It was a plot device back in the days because superman was too powerful, now days they don't need kryptonite, superman isnt as strong as he used to be and just about anyone can go toe to toe with superman without kryptonite.

Kryptonite is essential to the mythology of the character and that's just something you don't tamper with. In fact people who don't even know anything about Superman know the origin of the term "kryptonite" and what it signifies, not just within the context of Superman but in everyday life. Every single person you know has at one point or another used the word "kryptonite" to describe something in their life they consider a great weakness. It's apart of our lexicon now.

I've always thought kryptonite was a metaphor for money. Not only is it green, but it's the one thing that brings man to it's knees. Just look at all the wonderful things Superman is capable of when he's not in the presence of it. It begs the question what would we be capable of if we weren't bound by it's constraints. We as a people can soar the skies if we choose but instead we're weighed down by this green rock. It makes us weak and feeble. It's what has corrupted our civilization.

I'm sorry. I can't imagine a Superman movie without kryptonite involved in some capacity. And seeing as how Lex Luthor embodies everything Superman stands against, I want him to be the one that introduces it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"