Bradley Cooper IS Rocket Raccoon

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Hyde, Aug 30, 2013.

1. cph9fa Registered

What got me in that scene was how, when Drax first started to pet him, Rocket tenses up, like he's being insulted again, and then he relaxes and just accepts it as a token of sympathy.

2. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

It was funny that Rocket didn't know what a raccoon was.

I thought he'd acknowledge he was one and correct it when he was referred to as a hamster at the end. And that Nova Corp must be an idiot to mistake him for a hamster, which is much smaller.

3. StarLord < < < < < < <

I kinda had a lump in my throat when he was drunk and about to blast Drax in the Knowhere bar scene.

''I didn't ask to get made. I didn't ask to be torn apart, put back together over and over and turned into some little monster.''

4. gildedmuse Snark Is A Superpower

That line made me pause like... do they have hamsters on Xander? Is this guy a "Terran?" How do you know what a hamster is but not a raccoon!? It really amused me for some reason. I cracked up disproportionately to the joke.

5. ctsketch Registered

Well they clearly had some knowledge of earth, but probably not enough common knowledge to differentiate a racoon from a hamster

6. Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Not knowing anything about the GotG comic (outside of simply being aware of some of the characters out of context), when I first saw that they were making this movie and that one of the characters was going to be a talking raccoon, I laughed. Not because it was funny, but because I thought Marvel was jumping the shark, that they were going to ruin everything they’ve done so far – there was just NO way to make a gun-carrying raccoon seem plausible and work within this universe that they had spent years creating…

I’m not wrong about a lot of things, but when I’m wrong, I am SPECTACURLARLY wrong. Rocket was not only a good character, he was the best character in the movie and not ONCE did I feel like he didn’t belong. He had some of the best one liners, several “cheer-worthy” moments and 3 of the most heart-felt, gut-wrenching scenes as well. Like others have said, GotG would not be the movie it is had Rocket been absent or had his character not worked. Outside of my initial shock at the stellar quality of his CGI, I never once thought of him as a CG character – he was as much of a flesh and blood character as any of the on-screen actors. Love him.

7. LostSon88 Registered

What if their hamsters look like racoons? :wow:

8. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What if their women look like men?

9. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

Now that's right from the horse's mouth. :awesome:

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Cooper doesn't seem to have done many interviews in relation to GOTG. In comparison, there have been panels, late night shows, unscripted discussions etc with Pratt, Saldana, Diesel and Bautista. The rest have appeared together, but Cooper seems to have been completely separate, apart from his appearance at the GOTG premiere.

Any reason why he seems to have kept away from it? Is he busy filming or just not interested in promoting the movie?

11. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

Could be his schedule. The rest of them aren't really doing multiple projects like he kinda is now. He just had to bulk up to play American Sniper.

12. Beaner Registered

Cooper went to the premiere, did Kimmel with the cast, and did Craig Ferguson on his own for promotion.

He didn't do anything else because he started filming his next movie in New Orleans and London a few days after the premiere.

13. LostSon88 Registered

Glenn Close is a handsome woman.

14. Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Everybody has to be wrong sometime - this was my moment for the year. :o

:argh:

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't recall Rocket Raccoon saying "Bam Bam, Murdered You!"

Do people think he should utter that catchphrase in a future movie?

16. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

I had my doubts about Cooper in the role but he absolutely nailed it.

17. JLMHodge Registered

No. It was a stupid quote made up by Bendis that got really old, really fast. God I hate what he did to the Guardians, lol. By the way that was a response to someone asking about that stupid, 'Blam! Murdered you!' quote.

18. CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

I hadn't heard Rocket speak before seeing the movie. When I first heard him I wasn't fond of the New York-ish accent but man Cooper nailed it. Rocket was awesome

19. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

I figured he'd have either a brusque cockney thing or a hard Joisey sounding accent. He wasn't gonna sound "normal."

20. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

I much prefer Rocket's voice in this film to the one he had in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

21. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

That and Rocket crying at the end over Groots death were 2 of the most heartfelt moments in any MCU movie for me.

22. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Cooper was awesome as the voice of Rocket. Loved every bit. :D I felt bad when he knew he was going to lose his best friend on the dark Aster. "Groot. Why are you doing this? You're going to die, Groot." :( and then Groot says "We are Groot..." as he brushes a tearful Rocket's face with a...tentacle... or whatever that was...

23. Slushy Registered

Prefer his Australian accent, but the new one worked for me.

24. Joeyjojo72 Registered

25. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

When has Rocket ever had an Australian accent?