Bradley Cooper IS Rocket Raccoon

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Hyde, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Chris B Registered

I was never bothered by his casting, but I think Cooper did a superb job here. I really felt bad for Rocket during the bar and Groot scenes at the end.

2. LostSon88 Registered

Coopers a really good actor, one of the better ones of this generation who takes his craft very seriously.

I also never had any issues with it.

3. Bren Forevernoob

I wanted a cocky brash-sounding Brit to voice him, and I thought Cooper would be a bit too generic.
    I stand corrected, and think Cooper was utterly brilliant.

4. Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

While I'm a fan of Bradley Cooper, I can't help but consider that Marvel altered his voice in post production so it wouldn't sound too much like him. Everything I heard of him doing the voice work from the clips released sounded exactly like Cooper. Then again maybe he changed it early on and we got the voice we heard out of it.

5. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

Haha, theories abound. He couldn't possibly be that good_ huh?

6. Darkraid Registered

Just a little fun.

[​IMG]

7. DJ Kornphlake Registered (P)

I honestly kept forgetting it was Cooper doing the voice. He really gave Rocket his own sound.

8. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Same here. If I didn't know it was him doing Rocket's voice I'd have had no idea he did the movie.

9. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

He had some of the best jokes

10. The Endless WE are Groot

The relationship with Groot was spot on. At the end with Groot's "We are Groot" bit and Rocket's reaction, is genuinely heartfelt. Brilliant characters and fantastic work by Cooper and Diesel. As well as all the animators and computer wizards.

11. Silvermoth Avenger

I thought I would have problems with always thinking of Bradley cooper when I hear rocket talk but I was wrong. He was very good

12. baerrtt Registered

Personally I don't think Cooper has that recognisable a voice to the joe public no matter how well known he's generally become.

13. GriffinSTatum Registered

Yeah I agree. I took my mom out to see the film earlier today and she was surprised that Cooper voiced Rocket.

14. Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Yeah, Cooper was excellent here. As were the effects team.

I wonder, since Cooper wasn't cast until late in the process, if he'll do the mo-cap work in the sequel (Diesel, too) or if they'll keep Sean Gunn...?

15. Marvel Registered

Saw this on my Facebook today...

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2014/08/...he-galaxys-rocket-raccoon-creator-bill-mantlo

Had to donate a couple of bucks after enjoying the film this weekend.

16. scifiwolf Registered

Cooper and Diesel both deserve a lot of credit, but I'd give about two thirds of the credit for Rocket to the effects guys. Something about the eyes. My one dog is a German Shepherd/Corgi mix, and has strikingly similar features to Rocket. She's very expressive in her eyes, and I saw a near carbon copy of that in the Rocket animation/rendering. It had a lot to do with why his scenes brought me to tears more than the others.

17. Darkraid Registered

You need to thank James Gunn for that too. :yay:

18. Loki882 Registered

My favorite Rocket moment was when he was in the bar ranting above being turned into a "monster" and everyone always looking down on him. Cooper REALLY sold that scene, and Pratt as well when Quill was trying to calm Rocket down.

19. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Same. He was phenomenal.

20. Darkraid Registered

I love the scene when Star-Lord and Rocket were drenched in that orange goo. Quill actually felt pity when he saw Rocket's body.

21. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

God, Cooper killed it. I figured Rocket would be good for some one-liners and obvious jokes, but I didn't expect them to be able to convey the heart and emotional aspect of the character to fully flesh him out.

The drunken bar scene was great; really good contrast to the usual cantankerous personality scenes... which were obviously great too.

22. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

I actually feel like this CG character gave some of Serkis' a run for their money. He wasn't the lead character but you never felt like he was just a special effect.

23. amazingfantasy15 Registered

I agree, both with the Serkis comment and the eyes. They really made Rocket seem real, he didn't have "dead eyes", they were full of life and really sold the effect. Cooper's voice was great, but if the animators didn't do their job well, the voice wouldn't have mattered. Rocket I think is big reason the movie is so good, he's both comedic relief both also carries a lot of the emotional weight of the movie.

24. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That was a sad scene when Rocket was crying over Groot's death. He really conveyed the emotion. And when Drax was petting him, it reminded me of stroking a cat and how a cat looks at you with affection. Cooper did very well in the role, and Rocket was brought to life with perfection.

25. Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

Well it wouldn't have been much different from how they altered Bale's voice slightly in TDK & TDKR in post production. None the less Cooper sounded great.