Guardians of the Galaxy Bradley Cooper IS Rocket Raccoon

I was never bothered by his casting, but I think Cooper did a superb job here. I really felt bad for Rocket during the bar and Groot scenes at the end.

Coopers a really good actor, one of the better ones of this generation who takes his craft very seriously.

I also never had any issues with it.

I wanted a cocky brash-sounding Brit to voice him, and I thought Cooper would be a bit too generic.
I stand corrected, and think Cooper was utterly brilliant.

Rocket seriously did not sound like Cooper. Like if I didn't know he was the voice, I wouldn't link him up with it. This is a good thing mind you because Rocket comes off as Rocket and not Bradley Cooper playing Rocket.

While I'm a fan of Bradley Cooper, I can't help but consider that Marvel altered his voice in post production so it wouldn't sound too much like him. Everything I heard of him doing the voice work from the clips released sounded exactly like Cooper. Then again maybe he changed it early on and we got the voice we heard out of it.

Haha, theories abound. He couldn't possibly be that good_ huh?

Just a little fun.

10419615_926973490652557_6824391929469159683_n.jpg

I honestly kept forgetting it was Cooper doing the voice. He really gave Rocket his own sound.

Same here. If I didn't know it was him doing Rocket's voice I'd have had no idea he did the movie.

The relationship with Groot was spot on. At the end with Groot's "We are Groot" bit and Rocket's reaction, is genuinely heartfelt. Brilliant characters and fantastic work by Cooper and Diesel. As well as all the animators and computer wizards.

I thought I would have problems with always thinking of Bradley cooper when I hear rocket talk but I was wrong. He was very good

Personally I don't think Cooper has that recognisable a voice to the joe public no matter how well known he's generally become.

Personally I don't think Cooper has that recognisable a voice to the joe public no matter how well known he's generally become.

Yeah I agree. I took my mom out to see the film earlier today and she was surprised that Cooper voiced Rocket.

Yeah, Cooper was excellent here. As were the effects team.

I wonder, since Cooper wasn't cast until late in the process, if he'll do the mo-cap work in the sequel (Diesel, too) or if they'll keep Sean Gunn...?

Saw this on my Facebook today...

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2014/08/...he-galaxys-rocket-raccoon-creator-bill-mantlo

This weekend saw the release of Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy, a fabulous movie that deserves much kudos. If you’ve seen the film, then you know its gun-toting, wise-cracking, talking raccoon, Rocket, steals the show. Who would have thought that a badass talking raccoon could be so endearing, but he is. And that’s thanks in part to the character’s co-creator Bill Mantlo.

Back in February, we wrote about Mantlo, who, in 1992, was tragically struck by a hit-and-run driver and suffered traumatic brain injury. Since the accident, Mantlo, who is also credited with creating Lady Deathstrike, Cloak & Dagger, and many more characters, has been living in a nursing home/rehabilitation facility, where he needs constant care. Being as the comics creator was a “work for hire” player, he’s not getting any of that big Marvel Cinematic Universe money. So, I wanted to take the opportunity now to remind everyone that you can donate through PayPal to help with Mantlo’s very costly medical expenses.

Had to donate a couple of bucks after enjoying the film this weekend.

Cooper and Diesel both deserve a lot of credit, but I'd give about two thirds of the credit for Rocket to the effects guys. Something about the eyes. My one dog is a German Shepherd/Corgi mix, and has strikingly similar features to Rocket. She's very expressive in her eyes, and I saw a near carbon copy of that in the Rocket animation/rendering. It had a lot to do with why his scenes brought me to tears more than the others.

The relationship with Groot was spot on. At the end with Groot's "We are Groot" bit and Rocket's reaction, is genuinely heartfelt. Brilliant characters and fantastic work by Cooper and Diesel. As well as all the animators and computer wizards.

You need to thank James Gunn for that too. :yay:

My favorite Rocket moment was when he was in the bar ranting above being turned into a "monster" and everyone always looking down on him. Cooper REALLY sold that scene, and Pratt as well when Quill was trying to calm Rocket down.

I wanted a cocky brash-sounding Brit to voice him, and I thought Cooper would be a bit too generic.
I stand corrected, and think Cooper was utterly brilliant.
Same. He was phenomenal.

My favorite Rocket moment was when he was in the bar ranting above being turned into a "monster" and everyone always looking down on him. Cooper REALLY sold that scene, and Pratt as well when Quill was trying to calm Rocket down.

I love the scene when Star-Lord and Rocket were drenched in that orange goo. Quill actually felt pity when he saw Rocket's body.

God, Cooper killed it. I figured Rocket would be good for some one-liners and obvious jokes, but I didn't expect them to be able to convey the heart and emotional aspect of the character to fully flesh him out.

The drunken bar scene was great; really good contrast to the usual cantankerous personality scenes... which were obviously great too.

I actually feel like this CG character gave some of Serkis' a run for their money. He wasn't the lead character but you never felt like he was just a special effect.

I actually feel like this CG character gave some of Serkis' a run for their money. He wasn't the lead character but you never felt like he was just a special effect.

Cooper and Diesel both deserve a lot of credit, but I'd give about two thirds of the credit for Rocket to the effects guys. Something about the eyes. My one dog is a German Shepherd/Corgi mix, and has strikingly similar features to Rocket. She's very expressive in her eyes, and I saw a near carbon copy of that in the Rocket animation/rendering. It had a lot to do with why his scenes brought me to tears more than the others.

I agree, both with the Serkis comment and the eyes. They really made Rocket seem real, he didn't have "dead eyes", they were full of life and really sold the effect. Cooper's voice was great, but if the animators didn't do their job well, the voice wouldn't have mattered. Rocket I think is big reason the movie is so good, he's both comedic relief both also carries a lot of the emotional weight of the movie.

That was a sad scene when Rocket was crying over Groot's death. He really conveyed the emotion. And when Drax was petting him, it reminded me of stroking a cat and how a cat looks at you with affection. Cooper did very well in the role, and Rocket was brought to life with perfection.

Haha, theories abound. He couldn't possibly be that good_ huh?

Well it wouldn't have been much different from how they altered Bale's voice slightly in TDK & TDKR in post production. None the less Cooper sounded great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"