• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part 1

that is a great plot, and logical to.

I would like to think Batman is in Metropolis to investigate Superman, Clark is investigating Batman in Metropolis, Superman is being set up by Luthor and they both come to realise this. Batman helps in a minor but critical way and Superman defeats Luther (by being accepted by the public) and defeats his henchman by being flamingly awesome.

*roll credits*

I think that could be part of the plot, but it's got to be bigger in some way, to justify the need for these two heroes onscreen together.

It seems inevitable but I rather not have Batman go mano a mano with Superman.

If Batman fights Superman and uses weaponized armaments and Krpytonite, and Lex is the villain(s) of the piece and uses weaponized armaments and Krpytonite, then the action could be too similar.

Now I'm wondering what kind of threat would need both these guys, how big it will be, and how it will tie both their stories together. They won't just be fighting each other, I would hope. And is Lex big enough.
:oMxyzptlk

So you don't think there will be a major villain? Besides Lex, such as Parasite, Doomsday, Metallo, Brainiac, Mxyzptlk? That it will just be about Superman vs. Batman?

I assume there will be a major villain, Batman is very sneaky and a genius, he can sneak in and out of places and acquire information superman cant get without arising suspicion.

I do not want Batman to solidify who Superman is. Can you imagine Superman influencing Batman. What makes these characters great is that each is his own man. Batman should have no influence on Superman.

With Batman involved where is Superman's definitive triumphant victory. Will Superman have his end of the movie moment that the Reeve Superman and Batman Begins and TDK had.

Batman should not be the co star.

If they go older, only one man will do:
Person-of-Interest-Blue-Code-Episode-15-4.jpg

An antagonist relationship that turns into a father-and-son one? :woot:

I do not want Batman to solidify who Superman is. Can you imagine Superman influencing Batman. What makes these characters great is that each is his own man. Batman should have no influence on Superman.

With Batman involved where is Superman's definitive triumphant victory. Will Superman have his end of the movie moment that the Reeve Superman and Batman Begins and TDK had.

Batman should not be the co star.

I just mean superman can see a different side of crime fighting from batman, a street level aspect as opposed to a world ending one.

Not sure if this has been posted but I know there are some JeremyJahns fans on this board and he posted his thoughts [YT]zrg5w6f-JEg[/YT]

The Supes/Bat logo looks better in this video though IMO :D

WB's secret plan should be to trick everyone into thinking this is about the World's Finest when it's really about the Trinity with Wonder Woman front and center! And since they like people saying all that savior stuff...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh, and Gina Carano or Kaley Cuoco for WW.

For me the movie needs to address the following;

* Superman KILLED someone.
What are the consequences of that. I would love Batman to outright call Superman a murderer because technically he is.

* Half of Metropolis was destroyed on Superman's watch.
What is the fall out of that? How does the general inhabitants of earth feel about that?

* Superman can go anywhere and do anything.
If Superman wanted to fly to the White House break Obama's neck (obviously not a fan of Obamacare :cwink:) nothing on this Planet could stop him. The Military or world leaders cannot possibly be happy with an individual not elected wielding so much power.

Weighty themes that could fill an entire movie WITHOUT Batman, so Batman can be the voice of military and humanity. Batman can be the one to say what we are thinking but also have the recourses to actually do something about it.

Whether this is seen from Batman's point of view or Superman's, it's all good as long as they aren't swept under the carpet for spectacle.

Last edited:
I assume there will be a major villain, Batman is very sneaky and a genius, he can sneak in and out of places and acquire information superman cant get without arising suspicion.

I just think ultimately, if we are leading towards the Justice League, that Superman and Batman do work together and there are legit reasons for the need to teamup, and then the need for the Justice League.

Goyer said in an interview that Superman's appearance has a 'cause and effect' on other superheroes. That he kind of inspires others to come forward:

Here is the interview:

David Goyer: It is our intention that, in success, this would be the zero issue and from this point onward, possible films could expand into a shared universe. In our world, the Man of Steel world, Zack has gone on record saying that we’re implying there are other superheroes in this world. But I don’t know that they’ve come forward yet. The idea is that Superman is the first one. There might be people helping people, but not in costumes, and that Superman comes forward and announces himself to the world. In him announcing himself, he’s the one that changes things.

Bleeding Cool: You’re positing a cause and effect?

David Goyer: Yes, yes absolutely, in our mind.

Bleeding Cool: And so now, Bruce Wayne will feel alright in his ears, where he might not have dressed up like that before. Is that the kind of thinking?

David Goyer:Well, yes… there’s definitely… I don’t want to get too in depth. Obviously, Zack and I have had conversations… but there would be a cause and effect. And that would extend to the collateral damage that happened, and to what other countries feel about the fact Superman calls America his home. Man of Steel doesn’t exist in a vaccum.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/13/david-goyer-tells-me-how-man-of-steels-story-causes-the-justice-league-movie/

This hopefully should be a Superman movie but with Batman in it. There is no reason why they still can't continue what they otherwise could have done had this been a solo film. You can still make Clark have his journey and still put Batman in it. Since Goyer said they will be dealing with the repercussions from MOS, who better to make Superman own up to what he did than Batman? Killing Zod namely.

Once someone like Bruce takes notice of that, whether he saved the city or not, the fact he killed, showed what he is capable of if pushed to a point. Which is consistent as to what Snyder said last month in regards to killing Zod.

tumblr_mph32ubsrp1qk5pejo1_500.jpg

"fibre nanotube body laced with diamonds to reinforce each plating" still wouldn't stop heat vision not compensate for his flight,super speed, and etc.

Wait, you want to go through Superman's powers in a fight against Batman, when he didn't even use them all against Zod (I loved how he suddenly forgot he has super-speed)?

Anyway, Diamonds are hard to melt, at atmospheric pressure, you need the temperature close to the surface of the sun, Superman has not demonstrated himself to be that powerful.

Flight, combated with Batman's own flight.

strength combated with an areogel insulation layer (best insluator in the universe).

Seriously, these things are only a problem if you don't think about them. Actually think about a problem and it shall resolve itself.

Half of Metropolis was NOT destroyed, more like several city blocks (98% percent of the city is undamaged). Superman killed someone to saves lives, that does NOT make him a murderer. However, Batman may not see it that way.

When will the Hype add a new section for this film seeing as its announced n all. There is like 3 threads on the MoS boards and the Bat-boards are discussing it as well, hard to keep up.

Wait, you want to go through Superman's powers in a fight against Batman, when he didn't even use them all against Zod (I loved how he suddenly forgot he has super-speed)?

Anyway, Diamonds are hard to melt, at atmospheric pressure, you need the temperature close to the surface of the sun, Superman has not demonstrated himself to be that powerful.

Flight, combated with Batman's own flight.

strength combated with an areogel insulation layer (best insluator in the universe).

Seriously, these things are only a problem if you don't think about them. Actually think about a problem and it shall resolve itself.

Seriously - Did you watch MOS? You think a human being, in ANY kind of armour, could successfully battle Superman?

If there isn't kryptonite (or similar), Batman could be in a ball of indestructible material (even to Superman). So Superman picks it up and accelerates at mach 10 until Batman passes out from the g force.

Like I said elsewhere - inertia's a *****.

When will the Hype add a new section for this film seeing as its announced n all. There is like 3 threads on the MoS boards and the Bat-boards are discussing it as well, hard to keep up.

The problem is that people don't know exactly what this movie is. Is it a Superman movie or a World's finest movie.

Superman killed someone to saves lives, that does NOT make him a murderer. However, Batman may not see it that way.

He wouldn't. Batman didn't forgive Wonder Woman for killing Maxwell Lord.

I agree, you have to have 3 pages open to keep up.

Not sure if this has been posted but I know there are some JeremyJahns fans on this board and he posted his thoughts [YT]zrg5w6f-JEg[/YT]

The Supes/Bat logo looks better in this video though IMO :D

Thanks for posting that. I like Jeremy. Entertaining and well spoken dude that gets his points across in an entertaining kind of humorous way.

Seriously - Did you watch MOS? You think a human being, in ANY kind of armour, could successfully battle Superman?

If there isn't kryptonite (or similar), Batman could be in a ball of indestructible material (even to Superman). So Superman picks it up and accelerates at mach 10 until Batman passes out from the g force.

Like I said elsewhere - inertia's a *****.

1. I mentioned Kryptonite a few posts ago anyway.

2. Why would Batman do that, when he could just fly away?

Even as a pure dyed-in-the-wool Superman fan, I hope like hell he doesn't inspire Batman, even just to reveal himself.

Conversely, as a dyed-in-the-wool Superman fan who is a little uppity that Batman forced his unwanted self into my MOS sequel, I hope Superman inspires the s*** out of Batman :D

1. I mentioned Kryptonite a few posts ago anyway.

2. Why would Batman do that, when he could just fly away?

Besides that not being much of a fight ;) how fast do you think he could fly away, that Superman couldn't catch him?

For me the movie needs to address the following;

* Superman KILLED someone.
What are the consequences of that. I would love Batman to outright call Superman a murderer because technically he is.

* Half of Metropolis was destroyed on Superman's watch.
What is the fall out of that? How does the general inhabitants of earth feel about that?

* Superman can go anywhere and do anything.
If Superman wanted to fly to the White House break Obama's neck (obviously not a fan of Obamacare :cwink:) nothing on this Planet could stop him. The Military or world leaders cannot possibly be happy with an individual not elected wielding so much power.

Weighty themes that could fill an entire movie WITHOUT Batman, so Batman can be the voice of military and humanity. Batman can be the one to say what we are thinking but also have the recourses to actually do something about it.

Whether this is seen from Batman's point of view or Superman's, it's all good as long as they aren't swept under the carpet for spectacle.

Superman killed an extremely powerful Kryptonian only because he had no other choice. If he hadn't stopped Zod, more human lives would have been lost. Had Superman taken the life of a human being, it would be a different story.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out on film though. Let's remember that Batman isn't perfect himself. Superman will look upon his methods and tactics with utter disdain. Clark only hurts living creatures when absolutely necessary. Batman has no such qualms. I expect a lot of finger pointing and a touch of hypocrisy from both characters at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"