LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once The Avengers became a box office juggernaut it was only a matter of time before we got a Batman/Superman movie and a Justice League movie from WB/DC.

No one is surprised at this. Many of us pined for a WF before a JL. But with the way things ended in MOS. It leaves Superman unfinished. If they go for a team up without knowing what Superman truly stands for it makes things weird as to how Superman stands his ground against some of Batman's principles.

Im just a little cautious. And I hate being that way. I want to have fun and enjoy MOS with others. But its been a rough start.

(I loved MOS.)

I'm with you herolee10. Don't let em tell you different. This is a raw deal for Superman fans.

That's how I feel too. I was expecting that Superman could have his solo trilogy. It would be his time in the spotlight. Now he has to share it with a character who's more popular than himself.

Agreed; really it's the Batman fans that will be happy because after getting a great trilogy from Nolan, they'll now get to see Batman kick Superman's ass on live action format.

Yeah, as a superman fan, I should be VERY EXCITED to see this film.:whatever:

I don't know about Snyder (since he's been the one that made Superman as powerful as he did in MOS), but Goyer is a bit concerning, by virtue of the fact that he claimed Batman would beat Superman if he had some planning done ahead of time in a reddit AMA.

Batman would kick the **** out of Blade. I mean, come on. Given a head start and some planning, Batman might even be able to take down Superman. Seriously, are you REALLY asking that question?????

If anything, I hope Snyder keeps Goyer's Batman love at check, maybe even start a fanboy war :funny:

No one is surprised at this. Many of us pined for a WF before a JL. But with the way things ended in MOS. It leaves Superman unfinished. If they go for a team up without knowing what Superman truly stands for it makes things weird as to how Superman stands his ground against some of Batman's principles.

Im just a little cautious. And I hate being that way. I want to have fun and enjoy MOS with others. But its been a rough start.

(I loved MOS.)

The story is continuing and everybody is essentially returning from MOS. Batman isn't just going to walk in and all of a sudden tell his own story with Superman doing god knows what. The consequence of killing Zod will be there. His relationship with Lois Lane/Daily Planet crew will be there. Luthor will be introduced, they'll just have the Bats written in the script to set up a *****ing badass confrontation between the two by films end.

It's not fair. Batman got a full trilogy with a good 3-4 years between each film, incredible acting talent, and it led to TDK which is a once a generation film.

Superman can't even get a proper sequel before they have to bring Batman in.

I'm surprised at how over the top you are being given that you are usually level headed.

How about fans of BOTH characters like myself who've been looking forward to the team up movie for years? It's a fantastic dynamic to explore given their different slants on justice, you are simply being ultra negative because you wanted a Superman solo sequel.

I know...I mean, yeah I'm being over-the-top at the moment. It's just frustrating because people were complaining, me included, on how we need another film to have Clark firmly established as Superman and we thought that we would get that in a sequel, but with Batman in the picture, that really leaves no time for that.

Plus, I like both characters, don't get me wrong, but like I've said a thousand times by now, most of which people just keep glossing over, is that Superman doesn't have a good track record in being portrayed right whenever he's on the same screen with Batman.

As a Superman fan, I have no desire to see Superman castrated so that Batman can look awesome.

Indeed; I mean was Batman really necessary at this point? Just give Superman his own damn solo sequel already instead of forcing the character to share it.

You can be sure that this will make people saying that Superman isn't popular enough and that he needed Batman to save his franchise, etc.

I think I was looking more forward towards seeing a sequel to SR back in 2007 than I am right now in seeing this team up film.

Yea, that's the thing: it really feels like that. That they have no faith that Superman can carry his own franchise so we have to have the great and wonderful Batman come in and save the day. Yea, so MOS didn't do a billion dollars. It still did damn well yet they are acting as if it's a failure and the only thing to save it is *gasp* the Bat. Screw the bat. I didn't see Nolan's films because I don't find Batman that interesting (frankly, I like Robin, not Batman). So him coming in and invading a Superman series that I really REALLY loved, is just pissing me off.

Like I said, I wanted to see what THESE characters do in the next film as they settle into their iconic roles and relationships. Throwing in Batman means there will be a focus on HIM, Batman and Bruce Wayne, which is taking focus away from the Superman characters, and I find that crappy as hell.

This isn't a MoS sequel, this is their Batman franchise rebuilding. And damn them for not being HONEST about it.

Can't even give Superman an honest sequel. Ugh.

The only saving grace for me is at least it seems like Amy Adams/Lois is in this movie. But if she's pushed aside in HER series (yes, MoS is HER series, not freaking Batman's!), for stupid Bruce/Batman, I will be freaking livid :cmad:

It's not fair. Batman got a full trilogy with a good 3-4 years between each film, incredible acting talent, and it led to TDK which is a once a generation film.

Pretty much this folks.

Yea, that's the thing: it really feels like that. That they have no faith that Superman can carry his own franchise so we have to have the great and wonderful Batman come in and save the day. Yea, so MOS didn't do a billion dollars. It still did damn well yet they are acting as if it's a failure and the only thing to save it is *gasp* the Bat. Screw the bat. I didn't see Nolan's films because I don't find Batman that interesting (frankly, I like Robin, not Batman). So him coming in and invading a Superman series that I really REALLY loved, is just pissing me off.

Like I said, I wanted to see what THESE characters do in the next film as they settle into their iconic roles and relationships. Throwing in Batman means there will be a focus on HIM, Batman and Bruce Wayne, which is taking focus away from the Superman characters, and I find that crappy as hell.

This isn't a MoS sequel, this is their Batman franchise rebuilding. And damn them for not being HONEST about it.

The only saving grace for me is at least it seems like Amy Adams/Lois is in this movie. But if she's pushed aside in HER series (yes, MoS is HER series, not freaking Batman's!), for stupid Bruce/Batman, I will be freaking livid :cmad:

Yeah, it doesn't help the fact that this will be the DCU's first introduction of Batman, so he's going to come in with a lot of baggage that needs to be told in this film. More time will be spent on introducing this new Batman than continuing Superman's story.

If people thought Iron Man 2 wasn't really a direct Iron Man 1 sequel due to the focus on so many other characters, wait till they see this film.

Comic book fans jumping the gun and pre-judging a project that they know nothing about except an insignia. This is feeling VERY familiar, and also annoying.

Standard practice. :funny:

I don't know how I feel about it. The idea sounds exciting. I was hoping for MOS 2 with just Superman. How Batman being involved changes everything, I don't know.

If one of the elements of the story is the public's reaction to Superman, then Batman's appearance as a reaction to what happened in MOS does make sense also. He can be seen as being skeptical of Superman. Along with this, establishing the new Batman here allows the expansion of the DC Cinematic Universe and can tie into Flash and Justice League, if the rumors about those films are true.

As long as Superman is the main focus and it's his story with Batman guest starring, I'm fine. I'm sure they'll have one fight before teaming up and I'm curious to see how it'll be portrayed. There are a lot of elements to juggle here.

It'd be cool if one of the final scenes is Superman handing Batman a piece of kryptonite--if kryptonite shows up in this film--to keep just in case.

I'm not jumping on either side of the fence here. I'm just straddling, waiting to hear more news before casting a judgment.

This is Justice League franchise building.

Really since I've seen some stories where Batman was so smart that he could figure out on how to take out all of the JL members if he wanted to. Heck, if you watch Justice League: Doom, you'll see what i mean.

Yeah, and that stuff has always been rather ridiculous. Plus the intrest from these kind of stories is the effect it has on the team and the distrust the Leaguers get for Batman rather than the heroes breaking free of his traps. By making Batman the villain you remove the most vital point from those storylines.

Standard practice. :funny:

I don't know how I feel about it. The idea sounds exciting. I was hoping for MOS 2 with just Superman. How Batman being involved changes everything, I don't know.

If one of the elements of the story is the public's reaction to Superman, then Batman's appearance as a reaction to what happened in MOS does make sense also. He can be seen as being skeptical of Superman. Along with this, establishing the new Batman here allows the expansion of the DC Cinematic Universe and can tie into Flash and Justice League, if the rumors about those films are true.

As long as Superman is the main focus and it's his story with Batman guest starring, I'm fine. I'm sure they'll have one fight before teaming up and I'm curious to see how it'll be portrayed. There are a lot of elements to juggle here.

It'd be cool if one of the final scenes is Superman handing Batman a piece of kryptonite--if kryptonite shows up in this film--to keep just in case.

I'm not jumping on either side of the fence here. I'm just straddling, waiting to hear more news before casting a judgment.

With Batman's insignia being so dominant with Superman's one in the official logo that they just released, I really doubt that Batman is just a "guest star".

I can honestly bet everyone a million dollars that batman fans would have been this angry as well if Superman was reintroduced in TDK, thus forcing the batman story to compromise due to Superman's arrival.

Yeah, it doesn't help the fact that this will be the DCU's first introduction of Batman, so he's going to come in with a lot of baggage that needs to be told in this film. More time will be spent on introducing this new Batman than continuing Superman's story.

May I ask why a lot of time needs to be spent introducing Batman? The general public knows who Batman is. You can just introduce him, give the reason why he's there, and move on with it. You don't need to explore his backstory.

Thank Superman Returns and Green Lantern for that. Supes should and could have been well established and been 3,4 movies in himself before setting up a new Bats and JL.

Thank Marvel for freakin being non-stop and riding out the gravy train with assembling the Avengers franchise as well. Hulk, Thor, Cap, IM, Black Widow, Hawkeye and even a rebooted Spidey and AV 2 and 3 announcements.

WB has to get a damn MOVE on. Besides, SUPERMAN is going to be featured heavily and the leader of their group of superheroic GODS. It's only just begun in Superman's universe......

Not fair!? If you want to argue about "not fair" look at poor Wonder Woman. Not a single live action movie... ever!

(I loved MOS.)
Or the movie could have Superman and Batman getting a better grasp on their principles learning from each other. It could be a nice change of pace, Batman and Superman facing off so early in their careers.

May I ask why a lot of time needs to be spent introducing Batman? The general public knows who Batman is. You can just introduce him, give the reason why he's there, and move on with it. You don't need to explore his backstory.

True, that is a good point. However, even with his presence alone, there is a the strong risk that he'll take away the focus, without it being even intentional, from Superman.

I mean you could put Black Widow and Falcon next to Cap for his sequel and still have a lot of attention go onto him since he's more well known than those two latter heroes, but it isn't the case with Batman.

I guess one of the biggest reasons why I'm just so pet peeved about this is that I really wanted a direct/rightful sequel to MOS instead of getting this spin-off.

Exactly, we don't really need to know anything about Batman in this film, except his agenda. His origin, etc can all be revealed in his own movie which of course will spin off from this one.

Can Superherohype please calm down...? I feel like everyone's being hyperbolic when we don't even know the premise of the book. As The Sage has already highlighted, Batman's inclusion DOESN'T have to mean that screen time is taken away from other integral, he can fit in perfectly with the era of superheroes being built up after Superman's exposure to the world and the general cynicism and skepticism of these superheroes.

Plus, we don't even know how the fights are going to shape up. I don't think Snyder and Goyer are going to make Superman like an "idiot" or "dumbass" or combat ******ed because they spent all this time trying to build Superman into relevance in 2013, why tear it down for no ****ing reason? The worst argument I've heard is that Batman's there because they have no faith in Superman himself, ignoring that MOS got 600+mil, which is SUCCESSFUL, and that Batman's inclusion is simultaneously setting up for Justice League. Guys, just calm down...srsly.

True, that is a good point. However, even with his presence alone, there is a the strong risk that he'll take away the focus, without it being even intentional, from Superman.

Only if it's designed that way.

I mean you could put Black Widow and Falcon next to Cap for his sequel and still have a lot of attention go onto him since he's more well known than those two latter heroes, but it isn't the case with Batman.

I guess one of the biggest reasons why I'm just so pet peeved about this is that I really wanted a direct/rightful sequel to MOS instead of getting this spin-off.

Well yeah. Black Widow and Falcon aren't icons. Batman and Superman are icons.

I won't be quick to call this a spin off yet. Snyder did say this was the next Superman movie in his announcement. They didn't call it a spin-off.

well, that's an issue because batman is more popular. WB is looking at this from a financial standpoint.

Are you serious? That's the way the Batman-Superman logo has looked for years. Come on now. :funny:

ek64.gif

I won't disagree there. Though that was before the prospect of a shared DC Cinematic Universe existed. So if such a thing did exist back then, who knows what they would've thought.

lol; i meant in the sense where since Batman's logo is included in the official logo, then that implies that Batman won't be a supporting character.

What's strange is that Snyder himself said that he believed Superman needed more films before they can go down the "team route" so I wonder what changed his mind.

well, that's an issue because batman is more popular. WB is looking at this from a financial standpoint.

MOS made more money than Batman Begins and Star Trek (2009), so I don't buy that financial standpoint since MOS proves that Superman can carry his own film.

Or the movie could have Superman and Batman getting a better grasp on their principles learning from each other. It could be a nice change of pace, Batman and Superman facing off so early in their careers.

I guess. But Im assuming they are bringing in a well established Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"