• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part 1

IDK why folks keep saying the sequels getting hijacked.

It just means Bats will be a main character as opposed to a guy like Metallo, for example. Highly doubt Superman loses screen time.

It's Batman. His name alone takes up screen time. As a fan of Superman and MOS the sequel should be about Superman not Batman. Batman should have a non existent back story like the Joker in TDK. And impact on the film that makes him a side character like Cat woman in Rises. He should not be the main villain.

Batman will be distrustful because he instinctively distrusts EVERYONE. It's not specifically related to Superman.

I like in the JL animated movie where Martian Manhunter extends his hand in greeting to Batman and Batman just looks at him. Superman relies, 'Don't take it personally, he doesn't trust anybody'.

Please no Wonder Woman.

I'm thinking more of a Batman who really just doesn't trust Superman. I mean an alien who killed and helped cause major destruction to a city like Metropolis is someone anyone would be skeptical about. Especially Batman and all his paranoia.

Why not? They already have Batman in this.

Well, yeah. That's to be expected with MOS version of the character and the TDKR quote.

Is it me or am I the only one who hopes Zimmer doesn't score this film? I think he's on superhero overload, and should give the reins to someone else.

And no, not Tyler Bates either.

It's Batman. His name alone takes up screen time. As a fan of Superman and MOS the sequel should be about Superman not Batman. Batman should have a non existent back story like the Joker in TDK. And impact on the film that makes him a side character like Cat woman in Rises. He should not be the main villain.

It's Batman. regardless if this is a Superman sequel, if Batman is short changed with screen time then there will be uproar from fans (except Superman fans) and general audience alike.

tumblr_lzaqcsQd7L1qjn01ro1_500.gif

:funny: Poor Wonder Woman.

It's Batman. regardless if this is a Superman sequel, if Batman is short changed with screen time then there will be uproar from fans (except Superman fans) and general audience alike.

If they label it as Man of Steel sequel then Batman fans shouldn't be upset. If they still are I will gladly lend them my dark knight trilogy copy.

If this is a true Worlds Finest film then it has to be both full on.

But this should be mos 2. Featuring Batman. I hope down the line they say that it's not a Batman film. Its Superman film where Batman appears.

Batman never killed Darkseid, the Radion poisoning wasn't fast enough and Darkseid still would've destroyed reality.

Oh, ok. Bats definitely tried to kill him though -- even used a gun; and I don't think he would have taken that approach if he was dealing with a human being. Superman didn't kill a human being in MOS; he took down a living weapon to save lives; so there shouldn't be a problem.

Is it me or am I the only one who hopes Zimmer doesn't score this film? I think he's on superhero overload, and should give the reins to someone else.

How about Michael Giachinno?

I think Hans is fine. I think he enjoys it and it's a pay check.

I think Hans is fine. I think he enjoys it and it's a pay check.

The thing is, he hasn't been going full throttle for a couple of years now. If he was still in that wonderful BB/Da Vinci Code/POTC 3 phase... I wouldn't be opposed to it.

The mos score is great though...

I thought it was a big disappointment. I liked the main theme, but the action material left a lot to be desired. I wanted more than string ostinatos, low brass and an incessant drum circle underlining the fights.

If Zimmer uses the opportunity to team up with James Newton Howard again, that would be better. I think Zimmer does better when there's a co-composer (like John Powell, Lorne Balfe or JNH) to help lighten the load.

I thought it was a big disappointment. I liked the main theme, but the action material left a lot to be desired. I wanted more than string ostinatos, low brass and an incessant drum circle underlining the fights.

If Zimmer uses the opportunity to team up with James Newton Howard again, that would be better. I think Zimmer does better when there's a co-composer (like John Powell, Lorne Balfe or JNH) to help lighten the load.

I prefer the arcade track over the marching stuff from the batman films. Last time he worked with Howard he gave me a batman march that for my tastes paled in comparison to all other batman themes before it.

But that's me, I perfer stuff that can end up on my ipod over typical action scoring. And yes the theme was pretty great, another thing missing form the howard collaboration.

Jablonski's TF work is more my speed. Still think Journey to the line was a great fit for this film...

as much as i love the dark knight returns as a book i feel its the wrong book to take inspiration from.

if they really go this route all it does is paint batman as a grumpy old fart who has no connection with superman apart from a huge roadblock in his plans. and ignores most of the great friendship that has yet to be built in the movies so the fight would like any emotional impact

as much as i love the dark knight returns as a book i feel its the wrong book to take inspiration from.

if they really go this route all it does is paint batman as a grumpy old fart who has no connection with superman apart from a huge roadblock in his plans. and ignores most of the great friendship that has yet to be built in the movies so the fight would like any emotional impact

I don't think they are taking inspiration from the book. There was an element (and he said element) that he liked in that book that gave him a direction. I don’t think the inspiration is linear. To me it sparked something else in his head and that scene drives that idea.

And Goyer and Snyder have drafts from the Batman vs. Superman drafts from Andrew Kevin Walker and Akiva Goldsman they can work with.

I don't see why some folks think a 2015 date for this film is "impossible." They've been working on the script and doing prep work before making this public. They wouldn't announce a Summer 2015 release unless they knew they would have it ready by then.

And Goyer and Snyder have drafts from the Batman vs. Superman drafts from Andrew Kevin Walker and Akiva Goldsman they can work with.

I don't see why some folks think a 2015 date for this film is "impossible." They've been working on the script and doing prep work before making this public. They wouldn't announce a Summer 2015 release unless they knew they would have it ready by then.

Yeah, they've already started. I'm betting this has been in the works for months.

I don't think they are taking inspiration from the book. There was an element (and he said element) that he liked in that book that gave him a direction. I don’t think the inspiration is linear. To me it sparked something else in his head and that scene drives that idea.

I think Snyder wanted to emphasise that someone could match Superman, that Batman would be a worthy opponent (or ally), that there was a human who could take him on. He wanted to emphasise they are on the same level in some way. I agree that it's not about using the storyline, but just to make a strong impact for the announcement.

As a fan of Superman and MOS the sequel should be about Superman not Batman.

The more I'm thinking about this movie the more I think it's gonna be like what happened with the animated series of each character back in the 90's.
It's some kind of story arc and Man of Steel is the first chapter.

Last edited:
It's a Superman movie that happens to have Batman in it, there's nothing wrong with that.

I think this is definitely all part of a larger story arc, that will begin in the Superman movies, and probably continue through Justice League, and any shared DC universe movies.

It's a Superman movie that happens to have Batman in it, there's nothing wrong with that.

WB is going to be dancing in money by the end of 2015.
All these *****es who say they are boycotting this film cause Superman isn't getting his own solo sequel...
Please.
Your ass will be at the theater opening weekend.

I doubt this will negatively affect Clark Kent/Superman developing as a character. If anything, it will only enhance and reinforce the impact of it.

Yeah. I don't buy the idea of any Superman fans not showing up because Batman is appearing. IF WB can't make money with this than they better stop making movies.

I think this is definitely all part of a larger story arc, that will begin in the Superman movies, and probably continue through Justice League, and any shared DC universe movies.

Completely agree...especially if that Flash 2016 rumor is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"