World LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part 1

It's just...feels wrong to sacrifice a REAL MOS sequel by doing this.

Batman is just one of those characters that, if you put him in a room with other characters, he's going to steal the spotlight. It doesn't matter which characters you paired him up with,He's going to steal the show.

But then again,it's Batman and Superman in a movie directed by freakin' Snyder!

To say i'm excited for this would be a n understatement!

Well I get that but I still think you can develop Superman's arc even with Batman in the frame. I do think it would have been better for a 3rd film but WBs don't feel they can wait.

I had the opposite reaction. I was kind of stunned by Apocalypse even though I know they rushed through some things to get where they needed to get to. But man, the throw downs in that film are worth the price alone. Plus, I loved the artwork and animation better in that one than Public Enemies.

Too much stuff bothered me in Apocalypse, I didn't like Andre Braugher as Darkseid, I hated the fact that Darkseid kicked Superman's ass yet he struggled when fighting Kara expand I hated that Batman was hardly in it.

Public Enemies for me was better because I preferred that the story wasn't quite so serious, they had some fun in it. Plus the dynamic of Superman and Batman teaming up here was done better and I love the comic that this is based off more.

But hey each to their own.

Would you guys be fine with this Bromance being played out like the Spock and Kirk one from the New Star Trek movies?

Yeah I prefer that compared to the stuff Frank Miller created.

Loved the PE film much better than Apocalypse which wasn't much if a team up film tbh.

Public Enemies would be a great story to use. It's essentially Superman vs Lex Luthor which is what we want for the sequel, it just has added Batman on the side.

tumblr_mibx87AjZI1rmtenjo1_500.gif

tumblr_mibx87AjZI1rmtenjo2_500.gif

SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. FOR. AWESOMENESS.

That's what I'd like to see.

I want to know what they mean by that. Is it a MOS sequel in the sense that it takes place after the events of MOS / the events of MOS play a major part or is it a Superman film guest starring Batman in the same way how Iron Man 2 was an Iron Man film but with Black Widow in it?

Well, seeing as the logo is the combined Superman/Batman logo, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably not.

Has there been any reports or theories as to how long Goyer has been writing the script for Man of Steel 2?

FilmNerdJamie and Showtime says that Goyer has been working on the script since late February. And given that Goyer is a relatively fast writer, there's likely one if not more drafts written for the sequel.

Okay well..damn...

On one hand, weird move by DC for a MOS sequel, so i can understand why some of you guys are worried.

That said...it's freakin'Batman...and Superman, in a movie directed by Zack Snyder!

If you're not excited for this, i don't think you have a pulse to begin with:oldrazz:

Or I don't think Zack Snyder is a very good director and hhave never really enjoyed his movies all that much.

I want to know what they mean by that. Is it a MOS sequel in the sense that it takes place after the events of MOS / the events of MOS play a major part or is it a Superman film guest starring Batman in the same way how Iron Man 2 was an Iron Man film but with Black Widow in it?

I really hope it's this. All the SHIELD stuff in IM2 = Batman in MOS2/WF

Yeah I prefer that compared to the stuff Frank Miller created.

Public Enemies would be a great story to use. It's essentially Superman vs Lex Luthor which is what we want for the sequel, it just has added Batman on the side.

That's what I'd like to see.

Agree on all accounts :up:

I don't see how Public Enemies works unless you have Batman, Lex Luthor, and their respective relationships with Superman already well established.

I'll have to watch PE again to determine if it was more Superman's film; or is the consensus that it was more Superman's fight not his film. I also hope there is more Lois then there was in PE.

It's just...feels wrong to sacrifice a REAL MOS sequel by doing this.

Batman is just one of those characters that, if you put him in a room with other characters, he's going to steal the spotlight. It doesn't matter which characters you paired him up with,He's going to steal the show.

But then again,it's Batman and Superman in a movie directed by freakin' Snyder!

To say i'm excited for this would be a n understatement!
Even if those characters were Wolverine and Spidey? :hmm

FilmNerdJamie and Showtime says that Goyer has been working on the script since late February. And given that Goyer is a relatively fast writer, there's likely one if not more drafts written for the sequel.

February, huh? Interesting. Five months ago. Meaning he has nother 5 months left for this year.

The more and more I read/hear, the more I'm thinking this was cooked up by Goyer and Snyder, not the studio.

PE was definitely Superman's fight, the focus was on him as Lex tried to eliminate him by having everyone perceive him as a selfish *****ebag villain after he "killed" Metallo.

PE was definitely Superman's fight, the focus was on him as Lex tried to eliminate him by having everyone perceive him as a selfish *****ebag villain after he "killed" Metallo.

hmmmm......

well here, they can replace the "killing" of Metallo with Superman's killing of Zod in MOS.......

February, huh? Interesting. Five months ago. Meaning he has nother 5 months left for this year.

The more and more I read/hear, the more I'm thinking this was cooked up by Goyer and Snyder, not the studio.

I think you're saying this because this is what you want to believe. Truthfully, this reeks more of a studio move trying to keep up with the Joneses and "rushing" things along. But I really do hope you are right and that this was the creative plan all along.

I think you're saying this because this is what you want to believe. Truthfully, this reeks more of a studio move trying to keep up with the Joneses and "rushing" things along. But I really do hope you are right and that this was the creative plan all along.

Well, the fact that it's being touted by Snyder and Goyer as a sequel to Man of Steel instead of a team up film has me slightly convinced that this was creative in nature.

But, hell, WB may have came up with that idea as well. We just don't know.

At the end of the day, the film is what matters. There are so many positives to this film and some negatives that at this point, it's just a guessing game.

We'll know more when casting announcements happen and when we see the first trailer.

Even if those characters were Wolverine and Spidey? :hmm

Bingo. No one steals the light unless the producers want them to. It's why that first star trek had two stars and not one was the wiser.
Batman makes for an interesting spock...

They used a quote from the dark knight returns with a Worlds Finest logo. And they said it's a Superman sequel.

To definitively say it's a WF IS wrong. And their wanting success for Superman they won't use Miller's novel.

So where is this film going.

Saw this posted online and that does sound like a flow up to Man of Steel, details different of course:
This idea seems pretty sensible to me. The movie practically writes itself.

Taking a page from Azzarello's LEX LUTHOR: MAN OF STEEL series, you can have a newcomer Batman appear on the scene, start his work, only to be questioned by Superman. Suspicious of Superman's unlimited power, and a bit angry that Superman has been intruding on his Gotham City turf, Wayne sides with Luthor against him, and this builds toward a giant, DARK KNIGHT RETURNS-style brawl between Superman and Batman, where Batman humiliates Superman and teaches him some humility. But it becomes clear that Luthor is up to something worse than Wayne originally realized, and so Superman and Batman join forces to take the bigger evil down, and, in the process, gain a begrudging respect for one another.

So what you get is a pick-up from MAN OF STEEL with the growing anti-Superman sentiment, you set-up Batman without rehashing the origin story, and start laying the groundwork for JUSTICE LEAGUE.

I would not mind at all if Batman is treated as a supporting player. Since this is a direct sequel to MOS I feel like Superman should remain the principal character, while still giving Batman enough room to develop.

Saw this posted online and that does sound like a flow up to Man of Steel, details different of course:
I would most def be on board for something like that.
I would not mind at all if Batman is treated as a supporting player. Since this is a direct sequel to MOS I feel like Superman should remain the principal character, while still giving Batman enough room to develop.
Yep.

As some have probably said, I loathe the fact that they're stealing MOS sequel (with what I hoped was a proper introduction of Superman to the whole world) by having a World's Finest movie instead.

But at least I'm glad Bale and his Batman are - apparently - not part of this.

I'm interested in how Snyder is goi8ng to approach Batman visually.

If Batman comes out on top against Supes ill be very pissed off, infact f you look how they d their brief fight in Lex Luthor MOS then that's hw it should go down. Either that or the way it was done in the Smallvile comic.

I'd say Superman is - or should be - strong/powerful/smart enough to fight his own battles alone.

Batman "humiliating" Superman sounds awful. It should be a stalemate or have Supes gain the advantage, having Bruce "win" or worse yet "humiliate" Superman is an awful idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"