World LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part 1

I doubt this will negatively affect Clark Kent/Superman developing as a character. If anything, it will only enhance and reinforce the impact of it.

We're on the same page this afternoon, pal. Completely agree with.

Can't believe people think Batman isn't going to help Superman's arc develop (though I understand concerns of MOS2 being Timm v.2.0 all over again).

I HIGHLY doubt this is gonna be an IM2 situation where the story was a cluster**** to fit in Avengers subplots. If anything, MOS2 is going to help develop the question of "how does the Justice League exist?" down the road. Because the fundamental difference between Avengers and JL, is that one was created out of an initiative by a program, whereas the other was made a choice by 7 superheroes.

I doubt this will negatively affect Clark Kent/Superman developing as a character. If anything, it will only enhance and reinforce the impact of it.

We're on the same page this afternoon, pal. Completely agree with.

Superman's presence leads to the Justice League and the overall creation of the DC Cinematic Universe. It's pretty neat considering he is the first superhero.

I wouldn't mind if we didn't see Bruce Wayne until towards the end of the film, and all we see up to that point is Batman.

This has win written all over it.

Imagine the tie-ins if MOS itself had over 170 million worth of promotional partners with Batman involved.

I wouldn't even change the budget if I were Warners, stick with 225 million again. There was PLENTY of action in MOS....

I can already picture what Snyder will make Batman look like in the trailer reveal. Talk about going into overdrive once this teaser trailer hits in about a year. (Assuming July 2015 release)

I have a feeling this might be a winter release (intended to be MOS' spot until WB realized they didn't want to compete against their own Hobbit), WB's Hobbit is set to be finished by 2014, which opens up a winter spot.

Maybe I need to be educated. So I ready to hear anybody out. How does Superman, purely on his own accord, and his own merits, become the fully realized Superman without Batman's help or influence while Batman is in the movie.

And how does Superman have his pure triumphant victory without Batman.

If anyone can answer these questions in the affirmative then I will have no qualms. No ifs and or maybes. I want my affirmation.

Please explain... It would be greatly appreciated.

I do think it'll be interesting to see who the villain will be, seeing as it has to be someone or something great enough to challenge Bats and Supes, but can't be too big because y'know, Justice League will be next.

I do think it'll be interesting to see who the villain will be, seeing as it has to be someone or something great enough to challenge Bats and Supes, but can't be too big because y'know, Justice League will be next.
If they don't use Lex Luthor, I'll be absolutely shocked.

If they don't use Lex Luthor, I'll be absolutely shocked.

Agreed about Luthor. He will be more background though. Add some muscle, perhaps Metallo. Then Batman will be the "villain" for some of it. I think that's enough.

So I guess we are going to end up getting what we thought would be MOS2 with a loose adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns?
(The influence of TDKR is guaranteed even if it is not a direct adaptation, it is what they are using as a guide.)
It will be interesting.

Superman decides to become a government drone and kills terrorists overseas. The pres. hires him to bring down Batman, and Supes loses, thinking it was an easy fight. Green Arrow shows up out of the blue so that making "rushtice league" is easier ;)

@FilmNerdJamie
Putting Batman in the Man of Steel sequel is like if they made Wolverine the time-traveler in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Oh wait.

LOLing so hard right now.

So I guess we are going to end up getting what we thought would be MOS2 with a loose adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns?
(The influence of TDKR is guaranteed even if it is not a direct adaptation, it is what they are using as a guide.)
It will be interesting.

How can they even use it as a guide? The only thing that can bear any similarity too TDKR is the inevitable Superman/Batman fight.

That's funny. Well anyways, does Jamie still insist Batman will be JGL or Bale?
His Twitter is hilarious. Brutally honest.

I have no idea, I know Jamie thinks
If they seriously want to counter Avengers 2, they will HAVE to get either Bale or Levitt for Batman. No two ways around it.

To quote ThinkMcFlyThink​
I cited the title of this article to specifically feature Man of Steel 2 because I think that's the one fact many are overlooking:​
This is not Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman or World's Finest. This is a sequel to Man of Steel that will feature Batman. Just like the sequel to Batman Begins featured the Joker.​

To quote ThinkMcFlyThink​

And yet, I haven't see anyone post proof that it's a MoS sequel. Yes, Snyder said "another Superman movie" but a WF film is a Superman movie (as well as a Batman one). Plus, Goyer threw around Superman vs Batman as a possible title...

Not to be too negative, but the fact that they announced this film by reading from the The Dark Knight Returns and given how much the new Bat-symbol resembles the one from that graphic novel, it does indeed make me apprehensive about how Superman will be portrayed in this film. On the other hand, it was rather reassuring during the marketing for MOS that Snyder said he wanted Cavill's Superman to be the complete opposite of TDKR's interpretation of the character.

He's not adapting it, but I think he said that he's taking inspiration from it.

He never said that, he just chose that comment from the book for Lennix to read out cause as I've already said that's the most famous meeting of the two characters.

He never said that, he just chose that comment from the book for Lennix to read out cause as I've already said that's the most famous meeting of the two characters.

Yea, it sounds like the quote was used just as a tool to introduce the news yesterday. Nothing more outside of that.

Yeah, but there is also the new Batsymbol which is also very uniquely straight from that graphic novel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"