Last Days of Krypton: 100 Day Countdown to Man of Steel!

300px-Action_Comics_87.jpg
Ah, the good old days in comics, when people's hats lifted from heads by pure shock.

Seems pretty disappointing that the best drawn Superman in these has been Action Comics.

days until Man of Steel!

300px-Superman_v.1_85.jpg
SUP085.JPG
300px-MOS085.JPG
300px-Action_Comics_85.jpg

Last edited:
These Action Comics covers ensure I get a good chuckle every day :up:

85 freaking days eeeeeeeeeee! So god damn excited!!!

I will begin squealing like a small child when we get down to 30... and I will be posting the audio files to prove it... ;)

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to work when it gets that close. I mean, I'm lucky I'm in a job where everyone is allowed a reasonable amount of playing on their phone without being scolded and I know I can watch the trailer when I go to the loo, and at lunchtimes and stuff... But I won't be able to concentrate.

I'm gonna be answering the phone 'Hello, Fortress of Solitude, Becky speaking'. I'm gonna get giddy any time I see a June 14th appointment. I'm gonna start doodling kryptonian messages on my notepad... It's gonna be a mad time :hehe:

84 days. Just. 84. Days.
Hell yes, it's quite close now!

But I'm still somehow glad that we have over 80 days of glorious Action Comics covers to enjoy 'til the premiere. :super: :supes:

Looks like Superman and Horses don't like each other ! :funny:

168983o.jpg

I love the Action Comics covers. So entertaining (especially the old 40s ones). They don't make 'em like they used to. I like the days when Superman could be seen doing something that would put people in shock and awe on the covers. That's Superman. You can feel the excitement in those covers. That's the reason I got into comics. Today's covers are boring and over dramatic and Superman doesn't do anything on them.

...and by fun I mean they were just fun on their own. They weren't "trying" to be fun. they just couldn't help it. Nowadays when a comic "tries" to be fun it's like self parody or borderline camp, too contrived almost like they are making fun of the idea of being fun itself.

Definitely think supes should sport the roller skates in MOS, just sayin

Heh, I'd love to see some Action Comics covers spliced with MoS. The tone, setting and destruction of what we'll see in MoS, but Superman acting like his early Action Comics self, winking at the viewer and cracking a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"