Favorite action sequence in Man of Steel

Smashlilman

Ouch!!!!
Reaction score
What is your favorite action sequence in Man of Steel?

I have so many that but the one i love the most(at least for now) was when Faora-Ul was out matching Superman in hand to hand combat in that Ihop. He was stronger but she was just 100% pure skill. I would go into detail but there was so much in those scenes it would take forever to explain them shot by shot.

Last edited:
The final battle. I was actually pretty worn-out of all the action, but it was so over the top, so gargantuan, that I ended up getting sucked back into it and enjoying it.

I'm conflicted. Not sure if I loved Superman vs Zod or Superman vs Faora/Nam-Ek the most.

I'm conflicted. Not sure if I loved Superman vs Zod or Superman vs Faora/Nam-Ek the most.

Superman vs Zod was the first true Superpowered one on one fight done in any comic book movie. What's funny is that that's what i thought the Hulk vs Thor fight would be like in the Avengers. I end up loving all the fights in this movie. None of them where dull or boring. There was just so much going that you could look at it over and over and see something new each time you watch it.

Last edited:

Yeah, both were so good. It's almost impossible to choose between the two. Either way, both are the best fights we have seen in a CBM yet.

My favorite action sequence was the one that starts at the beginning of the movie and doesn't end till the credits role :p

I'm glad I wasn't the the only one who loved the IHOP scene.

I don't know which one was my favorite scene, but I know my favorite SHOT was Faora hitting a bunch of soldiers DBZ-style where it almost looks like she teleports. OMG....they needed 1 or 2 more of those types of moves!

In the Smallville fight, Superman felt genuinely threaten and overwhelmed. I love that they where attacking him from all sides. I will say the one on one Zod fight was epic as well. I loved when Zod uppercut Superman to the top of a skyscraper. Superman then stops him self at the top and start flying back down. Zod at the same time is going up the side of the building Incredible Hulk style. Then when they collide it creates a shock wave that crushes the side of the building!!!

Last edited:
In the Smallville fight, Superman felt genuinely threaten and overwhelmed. I love that they where attacking him from all sides. I will say the one on one Zod fight was epic as well. I loved when Zod uppercut Superman to the top of a skyscraper. Superman then stops him self at the top and start flying back down. Zod at the same time is going up the side of the building Incredible Hulk style. Then when they collide it creates a shock wave that crushes the side of the building!!!

Not to mention the music in that scene just puts the cherry on top. One of the best Comicbook movie moments ever IMO.

Personally I loved the opening battle/destruction of krypton. It sets the movie off on the perfect foot.

I didn't think the smallville scene was 100% nessecary the way it played out, but it was cool.

The superman vs zod though pretty much rules over everything. How zod strips down his armor and rises, and then they go at it again, so awesome.

I don't know which one was my favorite scene, but I know my favorite SHOT was Faora hitting a bunch of soldiers DBZ-style where it almost looks like she teleports. OMG....they needed 1 or 2 more of those types of moves!

This. Best action sequence in the movie by a long shot. Technically speaking it was perfect.

I liked when Superman Melted the Iron girder, as Zod was swinging it at him, love little moments like that in action scenes!

The Smallville fight was easily the best choreographed CBM fight we've seen.

The Smallville fight indeed, I was surprised at how great it was and what they did with the small town setting. Looking at it, I wish the fight between Thor and the Destroyer was this large in scale.

The Smallville sequence was pretty good, but my favorite is the final sequence.

"YOU THINK, YOU CAN THREATEN, MY MOTHER???!?!?"

Also loved the scene where Jor-EL told Kal "You can still save her, Kal. You can still save them all..."

Loved that scene followed by Supes flying after Lois, clatching on to the pod, locking eyes with each other and Supes punching the **** out of the shield. That was a beautiful scene to me.

Final Superman/Zod fight. It topped EVERYTHING I've seen in a superhero film, ever.

As epic as the battle between Zod and Sup was I still like the Smallville battler better. It showcase how inexperience at fighting superman was. It also show superman being nervous and scare not knowing what will happen and having to protect the people and military form Zod's man. Superman had his butt handed to him but he stood his own ground.

Nothing to be conflicted about.

Superman vs Faora/Nam-Ek was he best in the movie IMO. Its just something entertaining about a woman kicking a man's ass lol. That & the gravity beam sequence when Superman shows how powerful he really is.

All of them. They were all fantastic. Faora was deadly sexy, and Zod was ruthless.

I liked Kal vs Nam-Ek and Faora. She was completely overwhelming him with hand to hand skills and Nam-Ek was a total monster. The audience around me gave a collective whoaa when the locomotive Nam-Ek chucked at him came screaming in at the end of fight.

Clark vs the Bullies.
pretty tense stuff there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"