Harry Lennix Joins The Man of Steel

As I said earlier before the whole character discussion was launched, Lennix was one of the bright spots in the Matrix sequels and was an absolutely fantastic in Titus. Not to mention, not many guests hold their own with Hugh Laurie which he did (although that show does have a habit of bringing out the best in actors; despite that, Lennix was truly unique and a gem of a patient. He and Mos Def are two of my all time favorites on there, along with Amber).

I'm all for seeing him in anything let alone the movie I'm most looking forward to since SR.

I like his character's name. I'm sure that Swan got in there as a tribute to Curt Swan, greatest Superman artist of all time.

Iron Man and Thor were both littered with cliches....yet there are seen as smart, creative movies far from subpar or rehashed.
Neither was filled with cliches as bad a General Thunderbolt Lane.

so i take it you're not digging this whole origin story or Zod being in the film? since you know......they've already been done before.
Just an FYI, being done before doesn't equal cliche. And, yes, I like the Birthright-style origin story for Superman because it's fresh and new.

Dorky I'v seen Ray but I dont truly remember him. Also I like the army brat Lois, it makes her more tough and I feel like it makes her not dependent on Superman so much since she can kick some ass. Im not agaisnt Thunderbolt Lane but I dont truly want it but if it fits the storyline and makes since then go for it.

If Meloni and Lennix aren't generals on opposing sides, what about Lennix possibly being involved in the political scenes in Africa, if those Birthright-inspired aspects are true?

i don't like how General Lane is basically General Ross...they're both military fathers of the love interest who hate our hero.

i also don't like how Perry White is basically J. Jonah Jameson! they're both loud mouthed Editors-in-chief for the newspaper our hero works at and who smoke cigars!!!

see what i did there?

Well atleast Superman had the loud mouth editor-in-chief first. :oldrazz:

Maybe, or maybe they're Generals on the same side-Superman's.

If Meloni and Lennix aren't generals on opposing sides, what about Lennix possibly being involved in the political scenes in Africa, if those Birthright-inspired aspects are true?
What if Meloni is a general ... on Krypton?

What if Meloni is a general ... on Krypton?

There are many possibilities, since there could be wars on both Krypton and Earth.

At least we are getting the idea that they really seem to be going for the militaristic angle for this version of Superman.

Where does it say that Sam Lane is even in the movie?

It doesn't, people are just (naturally) assuming that since Meloni is playing a General and Shannon is General Zod, that he would be Thunderbolt Lane.

Lois should be a hardass because she came into journalism as a young idealist and the harsh realities of life made her lose hope. When Superman appears and gives a hopeless world hope again, Lois gains back he confidence in people.

I like that right there. I've never read the comics, only seen the movies, but that small explanation of Lois instantly gives her more depth than I thought she had. I felt the movies never delved into her on that level. Yeah that may seem like common sense to most of you, since you've read the comics, but I've never really known her background.

I had originally thought that Harry was going to be selected to play Kobe Asuru, a character from the Birthright series that Clark had met in Africa, given on how we've heard so many rumors and speculations as to how this film make take some liberties from that story.

Glad to hear he's onboard, but damn, I wanted him for President.

Dunno how I feel about the military being so involved in this one. Kinda sick of seing superpowers vs slapstick military.

Glad to hear he's onboard, but damn, I wanted him for President.

Dunno how I feel about the military being so involved in this one. Kinda sick of seing superpowers vs slapstick military.

Perhaps, but if speculation is true, on how the military will be present in this film as a direct response to Superman's debut onto the screen, then that'll definitely offer audiences something that they haven't seen in the films, while presenting a realistic response as to how the government would respond to someone like Superman appearing.

Perhaps, but if speculation is true, on how the military will be present in this film as a direct response to Superman's debut onto the screen, then that'll definitely offer audiences something that they haven't seen in the films, while presenting a realistic response as to how the government would respond to someone like Superman appearing.

One can hope the military will actually be represented in a real fashion. I cant handle any more Hollywood-depictions of the military firing everything they got from scene-1, often right in the middle of populated areas. Shot first ask questions later, then shoot some more. It's so damn 80's. Like the military in Superman II. Completely Police Academy-style.

If you want a film that feels real and not silly, then you have to have the Army go after Superman.

Its not like the 70's anymore where an Alien flies onto the scene and nobody bats an eyelid. Where the United States Goverment and the UN just sit on their asses and don't think its a matter of WORLD SECURITY.

I don't care if General Lane hates Superman, and who says he has to hate him? General Ross wants the Hulk cause he is "Property of the United States Goverment". He hates Banner because of his relationship with Betty.

Lane probably has nothing personal against Superman, he's just doing his job. He could be different from the comics, and I doubt Goyer would make him a carbon copy of Ross. He could become just like everybody else if he see's Superman battling his own kind, and protecting everyone, he would come to trust him. This is completely different from Ross, and it makes sense IMO.

How many Generals :D

Should be interesting guess we know for sure now the military's gonna play a huge role in this film and we should get some incredible action scenes.

If you want a film that feels real and not silly, then you have to have the Army go after Superman.

Its not like the 70's anymore where an Alien flies onto the scene and nobody bats an eyelid. Where the United States Goverment and the UN just sit on their asses and don't think its a matter of WORLD SECURITY.

I don't care if General Lane hates Superman, and who says he has to hate him? General Ross wants the Hulk cause he is "Property of the United States Goverment". He hates Banner because of his relationship with Betty.

Lane probably has nothing personal against Superman, he's just doing his job. He could be different from the comics, and I doubt Goyer would make him a carbon copy of Ross. He could become just like everybody else if he see's Superman battling his own kind, and protecting everyone, he would come to trust him. This is completely different from Ross, and it makes sense IMO.

Tweaking the character like that would be so much better.

I thought he was going to play President Obama :hehe:

He should do in a biopic. He would be great for the role. The closest he's come is in Commander in Chief.

As for the Man of Steel, Lennix could always play a black president with a different name, but we would all know it's a nod to Obama. It would be like the movie "Primary Colors" where we all know Travolta is really Clinton.

He should do in a biopic. He would be great for the role. The closest he's come is in Commander in Chief.

As for the Man of Steel, Lennix could always play a black president with a different name, but we would all know it's a nod to Obama. It would be like the movie "Primary Colors" where we all know Travolta is really Clinton.

Yeah, Lennix would be perfect for an Obama biopic. He even has the deep voice.

So just because this movie might have General Lane in it means that it's going to be ripping off the Hulk? Wow, I wish I could understand that huge leap in logic.

There's no upside for keeping the Kents alive except that they are likable characters. Scenes with Clark learning from them and going to them for help and support and advice is Superboy material.

They are the Alfred for Clark. How many times must this be explained to you?

So just because this movie might have General Lane in it means that it's going to be ripping off the Hulk? Wow, I wish I could understand that huge leap in logic.

But don't you see?! They're two movies! About comic book characters! With vaguely similar characters! Ripoff! Exclamation points!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"