Harry Lennix Joins The Man of Steel

FilmNerdJamie

Obtainer of wrong opinions!
Reaction score
Veteran character actor Harry Lennix is the latest to enlist in Zack Snyder's Superman pic "Man of Steel," Variety's Jeff Sneider exclusively reports. Lennix has closed a deal to play a high-ranking military officer named General Swanwick in Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' tentpole, set for December 2012. He joins a cast that includes Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Julia Ormond, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Christopher Meloni and German thesp Antje Traue. Lennix, best known for playing Commander Lock in WB's "Matrix" sequels and his turn as Ray Charles' manager Joe Adams in "Ray," recently appeared as a detective in Universal’s "State of Play."

http://www.showblitz.com/2011/07/harry-lennix-forges-man-of-steel.html

Military officer? Sounds like Tunderbolt may be in this film after all.

I thought he was going to play President Obama :hehe:

Great casting. I didn't expect him to play another military character.

I really hope they don't make General Lane a carbon copy of Betty Ross's dad.

I hope this doesn't mean we're getting Thunderbolt Lane. I don't want to see Lois trying to protect Superman from her xenophobic father.

^seeing how meloni looks exactly like general lane i think so lol

Uh, so is anyone NOT playing a general in this movie?

Anyway, Lennix is awesome. Glad he's on board.

Meloni can't be Amy Adam's dad though. Unless General Lane got her Lois' mother pregnant at 13 or something...

Sure he can. Makeup for one can effectively make him look older.

Also Harrison Ford and Sean Connery were only 12 years apart in age and yet they were a convincing father and son duo.

Sure he can. Makeup for one can effectively make him look older.

Also Harrison Ford and Sean Connery were only 12 years apart in age and yet they were a convincing father and son duo.

True and flashback-wise, it could also make sense.

Meloni can't be Amy Adam's dad though. Unless General Lane got her Lois' mother pregnant at 13 or something...
and how exactly did these guys play father and son when there is only a 12-13 year age gap lol:o
sean-connery-indiana-jones-last-crusade.jpg

they are kind of exchangeable characters

I feel like its been a recent thing that they've made General Lane more and more anti-Superman and into a Thunderbolt Ross rip-off. Having a father who doesn't approve of your superhero boyfriend has already been played out. Don't really want to see it in a Superman film.

seems like general lane is confirmed

we already have two hulk movies

^seeing how meloni looks exactly like general lane i think so lol

I just don't want Lane to be exactly like General Ross. Make him a guy who just doing his job, and not a Superman hater.

I would rather they use another character in that role.

Last edited:
I wonder if this news is an indication that Meloni isn't actually playing some military character and that previous report was intended to throw us off. Otherwise, this movie seems pretty general-heavy at the moment.

Never seen him in anything, but thanks for the info!

It was reported that he was in talks weeks ago. Probably best known in the Matrix films and was also in Ray and in State of Play. He did really well in Titus awhile back.

With Lennix being a General, than perhaps Meloni does wind up being Lex? I hope Meloni does wind up being Lex. That would be another good piece of casting!

Last edited:
Lennix is a great addition to the cast.

It reported that he was in talks weeks ago. Probably best known in the Matrix films and was also in Ray and in State of Play. He did really well in Titus awhile back.

With Lennix being a General, than perhaps Meloni does wind up being Lex? I hope Meloni does wind up being Lex. That would be another good piece of casting!

Lennix was brilliant in that movie. One of my favorite Shakespearean performances, ever.

Lennix was brilliant in that movie. One of my favorite Shakespearean performances, ever.

Agreed! Lennix was phenomenal in Titus! :up:

The casting for this MOS film has been absolutely outstanding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"