Leaning Tower of Pisa - Again.

jpmuftak

Civilian
Reaction score
I was just thinking of the parallels between Superman 3 and Spider-man 3 and how (if he gets the symbiote and it makes him bad) they would both turn bad in the 3rd installment.
I don't know if that has been discussed or not, but the point is this:

You remember in Superman 3 - the Leaning Tower of Pisa guy right?
How he was making the towers leaning - not leaning - leaning again.

I thought, it might be funny to see some guy selling spiderman "stuff" - dolls or something in RED and BLUE - and then when spidey gets the Black outfit - the guy gets pissed and has to redo all his stuff.

Then of course the suit goes back R&B and the guy gets really angry and destroys everything he has!

I don't know, it seemed like a funny idea. :)

LMAO
that would be funny
worth the price of the ticket

jpmuftak said:
I was just thinking of the parallels between Superman 3 and Spider-man 3 and how (if he gets the symbiote and it makes him bad) they would both turn bad in the 3rd installment.

I thought, it might be funny to see some guy selling spiderman "stuff" - dolls or something in RED and BLUE - and then when spidey gets the Black outfit - the guy gets pissed and has to redo all his stuff.

Then of course the suit goes back R&B and the guy gets really angry and destroys everything he has!

:) :up:

It's just plagiarism.
Reusing a joke from a Superman film is cheap and pointless.
Raimi already stole the running-towards-camera-opening-shirt thing anyway.

You all can think of some pretty silly stuff, when you get bored.:O

Well it's more fun than talking about Venom comfirmation. whoo hoo. BIG deal. Like we haven't known for 3 months already.

Besides, I don't think they SHOULD do it.
It was just funny to think about.

SO what about this "Hero-Gone-Bad-in-Movie -#-3" thing?
Is that plagiarism? J/K :D
I'm delerious - it's 2am in texas right now.

I dunno i quite like the idea would be funny to see!!

It would only work were it the I Kid You Not Guy and after he goes back to red and blue he walks up to Spidey and says

"The next time you change your suit, you fail this course...I kid you not!"

not entirely on subject, but it is kind of funny that Spider-Man gave up being Spider-Man in part 2, like Super-Man, and now he's (apperently) going to go bad in part 3, just like Superman.

jpmuftak said:

Awesome idea :up: :up:

Imagine if the guy was selling 'Spidey statues' or action figures. He does what you say (red & blue to black & back) but just to rub salt into the wounds he sees Venom & Spidey together, look at the toys and just says 'oh what the hell' and walks away. And the best bit could be its Stan Lee's cameo :)

And their kinda introducing his original love interest from the comics in part 3 (Gwen Stacy) just like in Superman 3 (Lana Lang), while the original two films focused on his most known love interest (Mary Jane) versus Superman 1 and 2 (Lois Lane). ;)

Yeah there are a lot of similarities between the two movies... maybe we're going to get "Spider-Man Returns" like in 20 years... :D

haha, that would be a great idea :up::spidey:
Crimson Dynamo said:
Raimi already stole the running-towards-camera-opening-shirt thing anyway.
i never did get why he did this though...

BHD said:
haha, that would be a great idea :up::spidey:

i never did get why he did this though...

I think it was a GREAT way to pay homage to the origianl Superhero Blockbuster, ya know?

I do however think that ALL of the similarities is a bit much just to be coincidence.

In any case you can't go wrong doing things proven effective.
Supes 123 were mega succesful!

But Spidey 123 are and will be WAY more.

Fingers crossed you guys are never allowed anywhere near a movie script.

Hey I'm the guy that came up with the idea, and there is NO WAY IN HELL you could pay me enough to want to come up with a Spidey Movie script! Not with all this fanboy scrutiny! You guys crack me up!:D

So if they do it like Supes 3, whos going to be the out-of-work-computer genuis/ comic relief??:O

Considering Raimi has been stealing his ideas from the superman movies this is very possible.

WOW! You must be kidding me....I can't believe that some of you guys are still complaining about how Raimi "TOOK" the ideas for spidey from superman. Raimi has mentioned a hundred times on how they are homages to the movies and the character of Superman. Why does that have to mean he stole their ideas? The running towards the camera thing and ripping open the shirt was probably the thing he most mentioned as beign a homage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"