Endgame Let’s talk Act 3.......Beware Spoilers inside

The whole third act. One of the best cinematic experiences of my life.

Some of the cool moments on that third act.

- Thor armoring up while summoning Stormbreaker and Mjolnir
- Thor dual wielding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir
- Cap wielding Mjolnir and the shield while facing Thanos
- Ant-Man surfacing with Hulk inside his hand
- Everyone showing up
- Ant-Man taking down the Leviathan
- Valkyrie flying on her pegasus and tearing stuff up
- Doctor Strange summoning a "purple/blue?" spell to take out several enemies
- Scarlet Witch moment with Thanos
- Iron Man and Rescue fighting side by side
- CM entering the atmosphere and tearing through Sanctuary 2

I THINK I know what @JtheDreamer is saying, I think he's talking about it more from a technical standpoint as to how the actual combat was filmed. A lot of quick cuts. Now, I absolutely have to watch it again to process it because on first viewing it was just complete sensory overload and everything was happening so fast and I was so gleefully caught up in seeing Cap wooping Thanos' ass with Mjolnir but from what I can recall there were a lot of quick edits and maybe not enough in camera fight choreography akin to...maybe some of Game of Thrones' best battle sequences. Which is what think he and some others are talking about when they say these big war scenes aren't the Russos' thing.

You understand me. LOL

It's not like I didn't already mention there were great fan service moments within it, but mostly it was sensory overload and the actual combat itself was less than creative. I know it can't be easy given all the diverse power sets and abilities - but for me it would've been an opportunity to up their game and it seemed they were content with standard quick cuts, diversions, and punching.

Anyone who's ever seen a good battle sequence or war flick should know what I mean about setting the stage for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"