10.21-22 - Finale - Discussion (Spoilers) [SERIES FINALE] V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webhead2006

The Web-Swinger
Reaction score
Well 3rd time may be the charm to see if we make it to may 13th with this thread. We we go the series finale thread!!!

Spoilers we know:
Airing May 13th on the CW 8-10pm(2hr finale)

Kevin Fair directing part 1
Greg Beeman directing part 2

Al Septien & Turi Meyer writing part 1
Kelly souders & Brian peterson Writing part 2

Titled Finale part 1 and Finale part 2

Confirmed Guest Cast:
Michael Rosenbaum- Lex Luthor
Allison Mack- Chloe Sullivan
Annette O'toole- Martha Kent
John Schneider- jonathan Kent
John Glover- Lionel Luthor

www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm
UPDATED 4/25/11: It looks like when Lex returns, he'll have a gloved hand like he did at many points in the comics and in the Season 1 flashforward from "Hourglass." It also appears that Clark and Lex meet inside the ruins of Luthor Mansion at one point. (Images courtesy of Entertainment Weekly - hopefully we'll have an entire gallery of images here at KryptonSite soon!)
- TV Guide has given us visual confirmation that the finale will include a Clark & Lois wedding. "It's a very, very long walk down that aisle," Kelly Souders told TV Guide's Rich Sands. "There are some good moments, some heart-wrenching moments and some surprising moments at their wedding."
- Oliver will be best man and Chloe will be the matron of honor."
- Will they actually go through with this whole wedding thing? "I think fans will be pleased with how things turn out," Souders told TV Guide, "but it's never what you expect. I will just say that there are moments directly before and after this photo that, even seeing the footage for the 50th time, I still get a little teary."
- Matt Mitovich at TVLine reveals that Martha and, somehow, Jonathan are guests at the wedding - which we probably could have seen in the promo trailer. He also notes that even though both John Glover and Michael Rosenbaum are in the finale, they do not share scenes together. Drats! I was hoping Lex would kill Lionel (again).

UPDATED 4/15/11: Kelly Souders' KryptonSite interview makes mention of a Lionel return for the finale. Perhaps this will have some tie to Darkseid's appearance.
UPDATED 4/6/11: Allison Mack has told TV Guide she will be in BOTH parts of the 2-part finale, and says "I think she ends in a very healthy and levelheaded way." There is "some reference" to Chloe's married life with Oliver.
UPDATED 3/25/11: Tweets from extras are pointing toward a wedding in Part 1.
UPDATED 3/18/11: Michael McKean has tweeted that his wife is indeed in Vancouver filming Smallville. He's being very coy about the possibilities of himself appearing in the finale.
- One definite no-show for the finale: Kristin Kreuk has confirmed that she is not returning for Smallville's final episodes.
- The show has already wrapped filming in several major sets and is due to be finished entirely next week.
UPDATED 3/9/11: More finale appearances: TVLine first reported and it has been confirmed in a podcast that Allison Mack will be making an appearance as Chloe Sullivan. Additionally, John Schneider has revealed that he, too, has a role in the series' final episode. And again, those aren't the only people making their returns.
UPDATED 3/4/11: Annette O'Toole has tweeted that she is headed someplace that starts with a V next week. The first half of the series finale starts shooting then. Sounds like our finale will have a Martha Kent - and our spies tell us that she and Michael Rosenbaum aren't the only former series regulars returning.
UPDATED 2/11/11: Michael Rosenbaum will be back for the series finale!
UPDATED 2/7/11: The CW has announced that Smallville will conclude with a two-hour series finale on May 13, 2011.
- KryptonSite has learned that the series' 217th and 218th episodes which make up the two-hour finale went under the production names "Finale, Part 1" and "Finale, Part 2"... which means that last Smallville title is not "Superman," not "Metropolis," but.... "Finale." It's sure to be a good one!
UPDATED 1/12/11: TVLine's Michael Ausiello says that producers are "cautiously optimistic" that Lex will be back, but that Kristin Kreuk (Lana) will definitely not be returning.
UPDATED 12/23/10: So, in only a few months we'll be hitting the end. So far, very little is known about how the series will wrap up; if Darkseid's story ends here, if Lex is returning, any of it... it's all a mystery. Hopefully we'll get some news on a Rosenbaum return. It's probably safe to say, though, that at least one departed early-seasons cast member will be present for the show's finale.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/finaledescription.htm
BE THERE AS SMALLVILLE WRAPS UP CLARK KENT’S TEN-YEAR JOURNEY IN AN EPIC TWO-HOUR SERIES FINALE — The story of Clark Kent (Tom Welling) culminates in this epic two-hour series finale as Clark takes the last step to becoming the Man of Steel. With surprise guest appearances, nods to the first few seasons of the series and Michael Rosenbaum’s return as Lex Luthor, this final episode wraps up a decade-long story following one’s man’s journey to becoming the world’s greatest superhero. Erica Durance, Allison Mack, Justin Hartley, Cassidy Freeman, John Glover, Annette O’Toole and John Schneider also star. Kevin Fair directed “Finale Part 1,” which was written by Al Septien & Turi Meyer (#3X6022) and Greg Beeman directed “Finale Part 2,” written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders (#3X6021).

Last edited:
From the old thread by Prison_Mike...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20199807&postcount=970

That's not evidence. For all we know, those co-workers could have started working in 2013 well after Clark established his bumbling persona. So they wouldn't really know the confident Clark he is right now.

There's Cat who thinks Clark's a dork all of a sudden. Didn't she have a crush on him?

There's also Jeff the intern and how he was afraid of Clark than just because Clark's a bumbling fool for one second, he's no longer afraid of him.

Don't know about Ron Troupe, but I can only assume they must've known each other in Offscreenville given that he took on Clark's Blur assignment when he didn't want it.

So, pretty much Clark's just a normal guy one day and becomes a push over the next and people accept it/act like he's always been like that. Retcon, mind wipe, whatever you want to call it.

well sure i get your points there man but like we have been talking about its all cause of the way they are trying to do the glasses thing. Sure its not that great planned out but that happens with al/miles like i said not bothering at all. At least peterson and souders are trying something. Really i dont see it as much as a big issue.

SpoilerTV has pics from the finale. :super:

I can't wait to see the what new teaser will be shown tonight to promote the finale. Every teaser so far has been awesome .

well sure i get your points there man but like we have been talking about its all cause of the way they are trying to do the glasses thing. Sure its not that great planned out but that happens with al/miles like i said not bothering at all. At least peterson and souders are trying something. Really i dont see it as much as a big issue.

I'm not arguing against that point. Just pointing out how they essentially did a mind wipe in order to get out of the corner they backed themselves into.

The biggest problem is whether or not they're going to do the same thing with Lex. I'm guessing not since we saw the pic of him and Clark talking without his glasses. So, I'm assuming those who really know Clark will know he's Superman.

Would've been interesting if they went the route Wizard took in their made up "Ultimate" DCU. In that one, Lex knew Clark was Superman and decided that it would be Superman (not Clark) who would face his wrath.

Lex looks like he's got a Super-brain here. :hehe:

I just hope the wedding doesn't overshadow everything. I'd like to see a pic of Clark in the suit. They tweeted that the pics we got are just half of them as they will post the wedding pics next week. You don't think Clark and Lex are going to team against Darkseid like JLU, do you? :super:

pretty nice photos looks great.

ya lechno i could see them having lex known and just leave it to him knowing and doesnt reveal to the world so he can cause trouble and all that. And ya the whole clark kent identity is a bit of a big stretch but i am happy they are at least doing it. But yes there is other ways they could have gone about it with kryptonian tech/hex on glasses changes people preception of clark.

Lex looks older with the Bald cap, Lois looks incredible , Clark got the glasses on.

i think overall the makeup crew did very well with the bald cap. Most of the photos look great, only a few times to me it looks a bit off. But still great work.

So is Lex's reveal going to be someone walkin in the office and him turning his chair around and saying something really clever?

:funny:

I was thinking cone head. I could see Lex walking up to Tess and saying "the company's mine, *****!" and then slapping her.

Clark: Lex, where have you been?
Lex: Remulak, a small town in France.

From the old thread by Prison_Mike...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20199807&postcount=970

There's Cat who thinks Clark's a dork all of a sudden. Didn't she have a crush on him?

There's also Jeff the intern and how he was afraid of Clark than just because Clark's a bumbling fool for one second, he's no longer afraid of him.

Don't know about Ron Troupe, but I can only assume they must've known each other in Offscreenville given that he took on Clark's Blur assignment when he didn't want it.

So, pretty much Clark's just a normal guy one day and becomes a push over the next and people accept it/act like he's always been like that. Retcon, mind wipe, whatever you want to call it.
I seriously think clark being a pushover is unneccessary

So is Lex's reveal going to be someone walkin in the office and him turning his chair around and saying something really clever?

My Guess is it's Tess who's the first to see Lex Luthor's return .

I think a good possibility that Tess does meet Lex first and that he kills her or does something to her. Then he uses Tess's phone to tell Clark to meet Tess at the Luthor Mansion. So when Clark gets there Lex steps out of the shadows revealing himself to Clark.

According to CF, whatever decision Tess makes will have something to do with Clark and Lex. :super:

i think overall the makeup crew did very well with the bald cap. Most of the photos look great, only a few times to me it looks a bit off. But still great work.

I think that it shows a lot, one of the disadvantages of HD is that lots of times the makeup tricks are obvious.

What are the chances of us seeing him in the suit before the last scene?!

well we all dont really know, personally unlike some others i think they will have him in suit i would hope for at least a few scenes. Really if its just one dam scene and only for a few seconds/1min long. Whats the dam point in even doing the superman suit. Like i said a few times its time to go big or why bother.

There is nothing suggesting that he's going to put it on before the very last scene.

The moment he puts on the suit is when Smallville ends and Superman begins. Everyone knows this, yet they expect it to be differently.

With is being a 2hour finale I am kind of hoping for the last 3rd to be him as Superman. Flying off with Lois in his arms into a sunset at the end with his iconic music playing over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"