If you think about it logically, God can't exist.

I have just remembered... I am a God!

I'm God of Insanity remember. In fact there are a lot of Gods on this board

there've been many many documented accounts of afterlife experiences. one man was dead for 2 days and came back on the autopsy table with very vivid memories of his afterlife experience...

...if that doesn't prove that God exists then i don't know what does.

That does not prove he exists it just means they might need a trip to the shrink

DorkyFresh said:
there've been many many documented accounts of afterlife experiences. one man was dead for 2 days and came back on the autopsy table with very vivid memories of his afterlife experience...

...if that doesn't prove that God exists then i don't know what does.

memories play tricks and not all the brain's experiences are real.

bluejake01 said:
Yahweh is the Alpha and Omega...he KNOWS everything before it happens, according to popular Christian and Jewish mythology. If you have knowledge of the outcome of an action, and continue that action, you must therefore be responsible for that outcome. The only logic in such an action must be that there is some purpose served that makes what would appear to be an undesireable outcome, "worth" it.

the Bible does not agree with such a depiction of God. while it is true that He can foreknow something, it does not follow that He must do so.

why would this be true?, you may ask.

God intended all His intelligent creation to have free will. for Him to foreknow how each of us individually will respond to His invitation to worship Him, would be to pre-judge us before we acted. that would be unjust and unloving, and yet the Bible says that "God is love".

also, if God knew in advance that satan would become evil, and knew that Adam and Eve would make the wrong choice, as you said, it would make Him responsible for all the suffering and death that is on the earth today.

also, the Bible says that the ransom sacrifice of His Son is a gift to us, an undeserved gift. yet if God was really responsible for the condition of the earth today, wouldn't He have owed us this means to regain perfection?

instead, the Bible says that "God is love", that "He is a lover of justice".

if the Bible is telling the truth about God, then the reason we have terrible conditions on the earth is because, like the book of Genesis says, our first parents made the wrong choice. when they did so, they stopped worshipping God; they became imperfect and subject to death.

God intended for humans to live on earth as perfect beings and that purpose cannot be thwarted by the evil acts of some humans or some angels.

Ps 37:11 says "But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."

that is my hope for all of us.

your saying god can't predict creatures with free will or can't just see the future. couldn't he exist in all time frames and therefore know the future despite freewill.

Danalys said:
your saying god can't predict creatures with free will or can't just see the future. couldn't he exist in all time frames and therefore know the future despite freewill.

i'm not saying that God can't foreknow matters. the Bible has prophesies in it which show that God can do so. what i'm saying is, that when it would be unjust or unloving to know something in advance, He can choose not to.

for example, just because one of those huge weightlifters can lift very heavy rocks, doesn't mean that he must lift every rock he sees. he has a choice. so does God.

the Bible says that humans are made in God's image. we obviously are not spirit creatures like He is, but we have some of His characteristics like the ability to love, to create things (symphonies & such), and to be able to choose.

God can choose to not know something if He desires.

I do not know whats more hilarious, the creationists or scientologists.

Kessel Day said:
i'm not saying that God can't foreknow matters. the Bible has prophesies in it which show that God can do so. what i'm saying is, that when it would be unjust or unloving to know something in advance, He can choose not to.

for example, just because one of those huge weightlifters can lift very heavy rocks, doesn't mean that he must lift every rock he sees. he has a choice. so does God.

the Bible says that humans are made in God's image. we obviously are not spirit creatures like He is, but we have some of His characteristics like the ability to love, to create things (symphonies & such), and to be able to choose.

God can choose to not know something if He desires.

still not making sense to me. it's a god right so it could know the future without it effecting it's judgement of what to do. and if things did have to be changed knowing the future then it'd be remise not to. the only get out is that god doesn't do whats right for someother benefit like allowing humans to learn how to live themselves. and in that case we shouldn't ask god for guidance. we should learn from ours and others experiences.

Danalys said:
still not making sense to me. it's a god right so it could know the future without it effecting it's judgement of what to do. and if things did have to be changed knowing the future then it'd be remise not to. the only get out is that god doesn't do whats right for someother benefit like allowing humans to learn how to live themselves. and in that case we shouldn't ask god for guidance. we should learn from ours and others experiences.

it certainly is another way of thinking about why God has allowed the problems on the earth to continue.

it is my belief that God is allowing evil on the earth for a limited period of time to show humans that we cannot govern ourselves without Him. when He feels that this has been proved for all time, He will step in and once again take charge of the affairs on the earth.

right now, the Bible says it is not God who rules the world, it is satan.

"If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through." 2 Cor 4:3,4

"We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one. 1 John 5:19

DV8 said:
I am the God of pu$$y!!!

i thought something smelled fishy in here...how about you talk to the God of Hygene...

the title of this thread itself depresses me...

If you think about it logically, The Loch ness Monster cant exist.

Spider-X said:
i thought something smelled fishy in here...how about you talk to the God of Hygene...

Coincidentally, I also manage the duties of the *****e God . . . .

DV8 said:
Coincidentally, I also manage the duties of the *****e God . . . .

well...you slacking...but good effort:up:

If you think about it logically, nobody on these threads exists except the one posting . . . all of you fuggers are just a jumble of pixels as far as I'm concerened :0

if you think about it logically what I am about to type is garbage

gubaloobadoloopalopoboo

wolfsfang said:
For every arguement to prove God exists there is a counter arguement to prove he doesn't.

This is an unwinnable arguement and therefor totally pointless

Totally Pointless.

You Don't Care.

Well damn, 10 pages when everyone else said just agree to disagree and you're still plugging away. I don't know about you, but when I don't really care about something, I don't invest this much time in it. Seems you're obsessed with having the last word on an issue you profess not to care about. You want proof for the existence of something you don't care about and people of faith, by it's very root is belief without need of proof. Again, what are you looking to gain from this?:confused:

You've got to be bored or just enjoy pushing people's buttons.

Thread # 1,020,345,6590 about the subject and not a damn thing's changed.:down

Genesis 1.0 said:
Totally Pointless.

You Don't Care.

Well damn, 10 pages when everyone else said just agree to disagree and you're still plugging away. I don't know about you, but when I don't really care about something, I don't invest this much time in it. Seems you're obsessed with having the last word on an issue you profess not to care about. You want proof for the existence of something you don't care about and people of faith, by it's very root is belief without need of proof. Again, what are you looking to gain from this?:confused:

You've got to be bored or just enjoy pushing people's buttons.

Thread # 1,020,345,6590 about the subject and not a damn thing's changed.:down

I pretty much said the same thing.

If you think about it logically, pie is delightful, and this is easily the best thread to ever grace the Hype: Clones Have NO SOUL!!!

Well if you read the whole topic you would have seen the part where I said

I don't care I just like arguements.

Even if I have no real feelings about the subject I just like taking part.

Some of you are taking this far too seriously, but it is just so much fun keeping this alive just to see the responses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"