• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Like the original teaser

B

ben_reilly_s_s

Guest
Long before Spider-Man 1 came out e had an official picture of Green Goblin with a fully rendered background and the word Spider-Man in the forground.

Same for Spider-Man 2, but with Doctor Octopus.

All we have see so far for Spider-Man 3 is a pic of Church in a green shirt and brown pants. No rendered Background, no Spider-Man 3 label, nothing.

The filming in Cleavland didnt have Sam, Tobey, or Tom there at all.
I think what they filmed was an incredibly expensive trailer, nothing more.
No Black costume, No real fight between Sandy and Spidey, just a chase scene.
Does anyone else find that to be a little strange?

They started the filming in Feb. if I remember correctly, but we havent seen anything except for a church location.
I think most of the filming is already done. All that is left are pick-ups.
That and they need about a year to do all the FX that they need to do to make the movie look "superior."

When the last 2 were being filmed, we had all sorts of info, and set pics from every location, no all we have is a Huge amount of pictures and video from a very non-conspicuous Cleaveland area filming. It just seems really eird to me that there is nothing official from Sony yet except for an angled shot of "Spider-Man" in a black outfit.
 
Now, are we talking X-Files weird or Jacko weird?
 
Here is a thought using what we know about Sony's marketing of Spidey.

SM1 had Green Goblin on a Poster (Hence he was the other main guy)

SM2 had Doc Ock (for the same reason)

SM3 has Spidey wearing black...

Maybe, just maybe this means that this black costume is the most important part of the story and Sandman is just a quick throw-away villain and Venom is the guy that they will really want the fans to latch onto. (I hope that makes sense cuz it does in my head but what is in my head does not always make sense when spoken or typed)
 
Sony's keeping the film under heavy wraps because there's so much to speculate on what could happen, it's highly highly highly anticipated, and the budget is so high the sky is the limit as to what they are trying to pull off. There's nothing weird about what they're doing. They're not trying to pull off any smoke screens, no "gotchas" to the loyal fan base. It's a major studio being very secretive about their biggest film. What's so flippin' "weird" about that?
 
They didn't need the actors on the Cleveland shoot because it was an entirely action-motivated shoot - they need the stunt-doubles, nothing more.

I didn't know they made scenes JUST to put in trailers. I know that some scenes in teasers get cut from the later film, but do folks really just film scenes made exclusively for the trailer?
 
The very first teaser was done that way., well the begining half anyway.
 
cmill216 said:
Sony's keeping the film under heavy wraps because there's so much to speculate on what could happen, it's highly highly highly anticipated, and the budget is so high the sky is the limit as to what they are trying to pull off. There's nothing weird about what they're doing. They're not trying to pull off any smoke screens, no "gotchas" to the loyal fan base. It's a major studio being very secretive about their biggest film. What's so flippin' "weird" about that?
yes, i agree.

spidey 3 could huge, possibly bigger than any previous spider-man and they are tryign hard to keep it under wraps.
 
How long are the trailers (teaser) generally speaking... I remember the Hulk trailer back when SM1 came out was a picture of a house exploding and that was about it... can't we expect a lengthy minute and a half like Xmen 3 or what???
 
The first thing I remember about Spiderman was the teaser. It had this helicopter get caught in a giant web in the sky. It caught me by surprise, because I didn't hear anything about it up until then.
 
Helicopter Teaser.... Never seen it. Hmph. Is it on the Spidey 1 DVD?? Cheers!
 
Murder said:
Helicopter Teaser.... Never seen it. Hmph. Is it on the Spidey 1 DVD?? Cheers!

It's the controversial one with the Twin Towers. It came out right before 9/11.
 
cmill216 said:
It's the controversial one with the Twin Towers. It came out right before 9/11.

Ya now I remember.... no wonder they got rid of it... thanks for the info cmill :up:
 
cmill216 said:
It's the controversial one with the Twin Towers. It came out right before 9/11.
thats still one of the best teaser ever made IMO
 
I agree very much about the teaser, I thought it was very original... I loved it. Unfortunate circumstances, both for obvious reasons (the loss of so many innocent people) and the fact that not too many people saw that teaser (I hope it doesn't seem like I'm putting those two things on the same plain).
 
DroolingforGwen said:
Ya now I remember.... no wonder they got rid of it... thanks for the info cmill :up:
Yeah - that makes me think that if 9/11 had never happened, it would totally have gone into the original movie. Sam Raimi said that he'd be keeping the Towers in to show respect, but in the end he caved and had them editted out, and then tacked on the "mess with one New Yorker, you mess with all of us" scene.
 
cmill216 said:
It's the controversial one with the Twin Towers. It came out right before 9/11.

I have a link to that trailer if anyone wants me to post it, i just don't wana postin here if anyone think it might offend anyone or anything i know its a very sensitive topic for most people. not that i think its anything offendsiv, just because it has a image of the twin towers in it.
 
Spider-Fan83 said:
I have a link to that trailer if anyone wants me to post it, i just don't wana postin here if anyone think it might offend anyone or anything i know its a very sensitive topic for most people. not that i think its anything offendsiv, just because it has a image of the twin towers in it.
Actually, I'd like to see that teaser. I don't think the Towers are offensive at all. I think erasing the traces of the towers from the movies is actually more offensive. We shouldn't forget the Towers or pretend they never existed.
 
AnimeJune said:
Actually, I'd like to see that teaser. I don't think the Towers are offensive at all. I think erasing the traces of the towers from the movies is actually more offensive. We shouldn't forget the Towers or pretend they never existed.

OK, Here's a link to it, I don't really like how they felt a need to whitewash over everything that had even a image of hte towers, if anything its more of a tribute to it.
 
Spider-Fan83 said:
OK, Here's a link to it, I don't really like how they felt a need to whitewash over everything that had even a image of hte towers, if anything its more of a tribute to it.
Thanks. Man, that was a great trailer. I wish I'd been able to see it in theatres.
 
ben_reilly_s_s said:
Long before Spider-Man 1 came out e had an official picture of Green Goblin with a fully rendered background and the word Spider-Man in the forground.

Same for Spider-Man 2, but with Doctor Octopus.

All we have see so far for Spider-Man 3 is a pic of Church in a green shirt and brown pants. No rendered Background, no Spider-Man 3 label, nothing.

The filming in Cleavland didnt have Sam, Tobey, or Tom there at all.
I think what they filmed was an incredibly expensive trailer, nothing more.
No Black costume, No real fight between Sandy and Spidey, just a chase scene.
Does anyone else find that to be a little strange?

They started the filming in Feb. if I remember correctly, but we havent seen anything except for a church location.
I think most of the filming is already done. All that is left are pick-ups.
That and they need about a year to do all the FX that they need to do to make the movie look "superior."

When the last 2 were being filmed, we had all sorts of info, and set pics from every location, no all we have is a Huge amount of pictures and video from a very non-conspicuous Cleaveland area filming. It just seems really eird to me that there is nothing official from Sony yet except for an angled shot of "Spider-Man" in a black outfit.

Ok I am going to point out a few things.

1. Filming started in January, 2006, while certain preliminary test photography began in September, 2005. THC has even recently stated that he had done a pretty big scene back in November.
2. We have received different set photos from Cleveland (mostly), LA, as well several different set location photos, and now there are indications they will be filming in New York.
3. Filming is supposedly going to be finishing in June (with probably some reshoots afterwards) so by the time the teaser comes out in August they should mostly be working on editing and adding CGI and effects.

It is unusual they are keeping tight lip about the filming but honestly I would rather they keep tight lip about certain things. At least better than the X-Men because they pretty well now the whole movie before they have even seen it.

I wish that Sony would release some more information but IMO they are probably saving everything until the Teaser or a big event. There is no real point in releasing any information right now because they want to bring a lot of hype. Otherwise it could be released in comic con...hopefully...
 
All of this hush-hush stuff from Sony is really starting to aggravate me. WE NEED MORE INFO AND PICS!!!! I hope everyone agrees.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"