Justice League Line-Up?

I'm sure Bale would go for it, but the studio wont even try. The script is finished anyway and it's a different kind of Batman. But im curious, how would Wayne be an antagonist in this? He left things to Robin in Gotham, why would he be interested in a Justice League that fights elsewhere. And so then, that makes Batman the first superhero "that world" has seen.

The idea of having Bruce Wayne as the antagonist solves a couple of problems. It links the JL film to the Nolanverse, prevents the quick reboot of the Batman character in the wake of the great critical acclaim and fiscal success of the Batman trilogy, and it reduces the number of characters needed to be introduced in the JL film. Bruce takes action because he is displeased that each superhero that has emerged since his retirement has the power of an army, but are limited by their refusal to work together and to bend the rules for the greater good.

Why is it that Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are always seen as the weak links? Jon'zz has been repalced in the new 52 and Aquaman has yet to show up in the DCAU direct to dvd movies aside from a 10 second cameo in New Frontier. They are oringinal founding members of the JL too. As far as a movie line-up, the seven of them could carry a trilogy all by themselves.

First movie should have the obvious: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash. Green Lantern should be Hal Jordan and Flash should be Barry Allen. They could be based off of the New 52 versions and their relationship. Martian Manhunter should appear in the first movie in human form (goes by the name John Jones). People may hate this, but he could be "working" for the government and is assigned as the representative who keeps tabs on the superheroes. He could double as a mentor for the younger (perhaps late 20s) heroes Flash and GL. At the end of the movie, the enem(ies) attack him and its revealed that he has superpowers. Second movie, he assumes a full alien form and fights with the team on occasion.

In later movies, Aquaman should definitely be introduced as should Green Arrow and Black Canary. Others that would be cool to see but not mandatory would be The Atom, Red Tornado, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Supergirl, Steel, and Captain Marvel.

Just by looking at the super powers and the visual style, it could be awesome with a line-up like this: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman, Elongated Man, Shazam and Martian Manhunter. Even story-wise it could work, with the contrast between mythology-based heroes and the ones from space... fantasy and sci fi.... magic and high tech.
But commercially it fails, the plot lacks Bats and Supes.

Just by looking at the super powers and the visual style, it could be awesome with a line-up like this: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman, Elongated Man, Shazam and Martian Manhunter. Even story-wise it could work, with the contrast between mythology-based heroes and the ones from space... fantasy and sci fi.... magic and high tech.
But commercially it fails, the plot lacks Bats and Supes.

Yeah maybe as a movie that would fail, but it might work for a new cartoon. Marvel is coming out with a new Avengers cartoon next year so maybe DC might want to consider doing something a bit more serious than that Teen Titans reboot

Why is it that Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are always seen as the weak links? Jon'zz has been repalced in the new 52 and Aquaman has yet to show up in the DCAU direct to dvd movies aside from a 10 second cameo in New Frontier. They are oringinal founding members of the JL too. As far as a movie line-up, the seven of them could carry a trilogy all by themselves.

It's pretty simple. Aquaman has the reputation of being a joke. Whether we like it or not, that's how most people see him. MM would be expensive and require the audience to buy another alien. If we go with the original seven, we'd have more "non-humans" than "real" humans. If you want the audience to care about the characters, that could be an issue.

And there's no comparing the popularity of those two against the other five. MM is easily the least well-known of the seven discussed.

As for Wonder Woman, I never really believed she was on Superman and Batman's level of popularity and iconic image. She is definitely in the top 5 when it comes to DC superheroes but she is nowhere near them. I always felt the whole "Trinity" thing was a bit forced.

WW is, at least for me, more of an icon, like Superman, than a famous character, like Batman.

And I always find female superheroes kind of awkward. She definitely needs to loose the '50s panties.

It's pretty simple. Aquaman has the reputation of being a joke. Whether we like it or not, that's how most people see him. MM would be expensive and require the audience to buy another alien. If we go with the original seven, we'd have more "non-humans" than "real" humans. If you want the audience to care about the characters, that could be an issue.

And there's no comparing the popularity of those two against the other five. MM is easily the least well-known of the seven discussed.

Also, with Aquaman, one would have to acknowledge that there are huge cities of fish people with superpowers living in the ocean..

If the J'onn is used, they shouldn't have him being from Mars (even not-so-geeky people now know that mars is a barren rock and that we would have known for a long time, if there lived intelligent life there), but rather that he is from a distant solar system, and possibly crashed on mars after barely escaping his dying planet.

If Warner is clever, they could tie it in with the Curiosity rover (or a later expedition), and have him being uncovered from stasis, kind of like in the intro of the animated series, following up with an alien invasion by the things that killed J'onn's civilization. Then this could be the basis for the (2nd?) film.

I, however, believe only the core 5 should be present in the first movie, and that all but Batman should get an introductionary film before the JL film. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be happening, which I'm pretty sure will hurt the overall quality. Hawkeye and Black Widow worked out, since they are basially just extraordinary SHIELD agents, but quickly explaining WW or Flash like that.. And GL, depending on what they do with the 2011-movie.

And last; that idea about a retired Batman being the (supposed) villain seems rally interesting! I do, however, think it should not be connected to the Nolan-verse, which is pretty firmly grounded in realism. Would be really cool if they started the series with batman having been around for maybe 20 years, but been retired for 10 or so, and then force the four to work together against a common threat, before revealing who he is and joining them in the end :)

Last edited:
Young Justice League

After the league members break up during a worldwide crisis, their successors band together to form a new Justice League.

Matt Cohen-Connor Kent/Valor(name only because he doesn't want the mantle of Superman)
Sean Faris-Richard Grayson/Batman
Teresa Palmer- Cassie Sandsmark/ Wonder Woman
Augus T.Jones- Bart Allen/Impulse
Michael Copon- Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern
Shenae Grimes- Miss Martian
Robert Ri'chard- Kaldur'ahm/Tempest
Jason Momoa- Lobo
Jessica Lucas-Priscilla Kitaen/ Voodoo

Ok, this is mostly a joke because it seems the studio wants to go with a younger cast before anyone starts with the posts telling me how much this sucks. That being said, this would make one hell of a tv show!

WW is, at least for me, more of an icon, like Superman, than a famous character, like Batman.

I meant in general. I don't think most people see her as iconic as Batman and Superman would be. If you ask the average person on the street to tell you a bit about Batman and Superman, they can probably give you some very basic info. They can probably tell you a bit about their characters, their origins, and they can probably name some of their villains and supporting cast (Gordon, Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Perry White, Jor-El, Zod, etc.). What does the average person know about Wonder Woman if they're asked? Other than that she is an Amazonian woman and a cool female superhero, they probably won't be able to say anything else. Not to mention that Batman and Superman have tons of TV shows, games, movies, merchandise, and all that other good stuff and WW doesn't have anywhere as much as them in comparison.

She's definitely popular and iconic; just not on Batman and Superman's level.

He was also in Crisis on Two Earths.

[YT]KK6ls__DY9I[/YT]

"Careful Aquaman, they're stronger than you are" :D its like DC doesnt even try to change the negative opinion of Aquaman. They could at least release a badass solo DTV like Wonder Womans

I doubt it but I still would want to see a 2nd female, aka Black Canary (though she would draw comparisons to Black Widow) instead of going the usual 1 female in a group of males route.

"Careful Aquaman, they're stronger than you are" :D its like DC doesnt even try to change the negative opinion of Aquaman. They could at least release a badass solo DTV like Wonder Womans

Adam Green, director of Hatchet, Frozen, and Spiral, wrote one. But they never made it because they weren't satisfied with the initial sales of Wonder Woman and Green Lantern: First Flight.

Young Justice League

After the league members break up during a worldwide crisis, their successors band together to form a new Justice League.

Matt Cohen-Connor Kent/Valor(name only because he doesn't want the mantle of Superman)
Sean Faris-Richard Grayson/Batman
Teresa Palmer- Cassie Sandsmark/ Wonder Woman
Augus T.Jones- Bart Allen/Impulse
Michael Copon- Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern
Shenae Grimes- Miss Martian
Robert Ri'chard- Kaldur'ahm/Tempest
Jason Momoa- Lobo
Jessica Lucas-Priscilla Kitaen/ Voodoo

Ok, this is mostly a joke because it seems the studio wants to go with a younger cast before anyone starts with the posts telling me how much this sucks. That being said, this would make one hell of a tv show!

To the notion of having a younger cast- I feel like that wouldn't be an entirely bad thing. I envisioned a Justice League movie where each of the heroes had only been living their superhero careers for a short time and were all twenty-somethings. I am prepared for hateful replies, but it could work making the heroes themselves younger.

This cast however would blow chunks sorry to say. If you're going to do Teen Titans/Young Justice, you could definitely come up with a better, more condensed lineup for sure.

Eh, Martian Manhunter wouldn't be *that* hard to introduce, re: extra setting elements. Yes, he comes from Mars and an entire Martian civilization, but its a civilization that is long dead. The GA wouldn't have any trouble buying that there was once life on Mars long ago, and you don't need to explain the consequences of an extant civilization when there isn't one. Both Atlantis and Themyscira would be far more problematic in this sense.

Henry Cavill for Supes, Ryan Reynolds for Hal, a big name for Batman, a lesser name for Flash, and either one for Wonder Woman.

Yeah, I don't like that underhanded diss at Aquaman. Oh well, at least he kicks some ass in CoTE. Anyone else think that Aquaman sort of flops around like a fish when he fights in that clip?

Save Aquaman for the sequel. The pros outweigh the cons for this idea.

No con or pro outweighs the con-ness of Aquaman not being in the movie.

Aquaman is a founding member of the Justice League in everything but the DCAU.

I would be really dissapointed if Cyborg replaces Martian Manhunter as a founding member of the JL. As someone else on this thread pointed out before, Martian Manhunter is a lot more deserving than Cyborg to be a founding member. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Martian Manhunter was almost created for the Justice League in the same way someone like Hawkeye was created specifically for the Avengers.

Hawkeye wasnt created specifically for The Avengers. He was an Iron Man villain before he joined the team.

At any rate, while i agree J'onn is far more deserving to be in this movie than Cyborg is, we may end up having to deal with it, in much the same way we had to deal with seeing Hawkeye and Widow in the Avengers movie instead of founders Hank and Jan Pym....

It all depends on the writers, i guess.

Last edited:
Yep.

Seriously, hasn't anyone been playing attention? :funny: Batman is the most popular hero in America (and his fame is growing in other parts of the world thanks to Nolan's Trilogy).

WB is going to advertise Bats like crazy when the marketing for this film commences.

Indeed. :word:

Anyway. here's who i DEINITELY want to see:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern

I'd also like to see Aquaman and J'onn, but honestly, without no previous solo movies, establishing these guys, even briefly, is going to take up precious screen time. Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern have the advantage of already being in the movie-going public eye. That leaves Flash and Wonder Woman to be introduced, both having somewhat..."detailed" origins. Bringing in any more characters might take away from the actual plot, don't you guys think? Keep in mind there's also going to be some sort of villain/antagonist, maybe even another villainous TEAM to be established as well....

Last edited:
Indeed. :word:

Anyway. here's who i DEINITELY want to see:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern

I'd also like to see Aquaman and J'onn, but honestly, without no previous solo movies, establishing these guys, even briefly, is going to take up precious screen time. Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern have the advantage of already being in the movie-going public eye. That leaves Flash and Wonder Woman to be introduced, both having somewhat..."detailed" origins. Bringing in any more characters might take away from the actual plot, don't you guys think? Keep in mind there's also going to be some sort of villain/antagonist, maybe even another villainous TEAM to be established as well....

Exactly, which is why I don't see J'onn and Aquaman being in the first movie.

Agreed. I'd rather have five fairly well developed characters than seven flat ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"