Justice League Line-Up?

Hal was the original Justice Leagues Green Lantern. Therefore, he should be the Lantern in the movie.

Given the advent of DCE and WB's (as well as all movie studios') desire to save money by utilizing/recycling old ideas, I would expect the roster to match the New 52 Justice League line up and for the film to use the JL Mortal designs WETA created. I would expect the story to use aspects of the JLM script, merged with the New 52 origin.
This seems likely. Batman,Superman,Wonder Woman,Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and the Flash (Barry Allen) are the most likely definates.

Personally,I'd save Aquaman and/or the Martian Manhunter for the sequel being that it would give them more room for character development due to the possibility that Wonder Woman and the Flash could make their on screen debuts in the first JLA movie .

I 'm on board with those who don't care for the New52 using Cyborg as a founding member but at least he's character who's been around for 30 years.I wouldn't be mad if he left the team in order to start training younger heroes and create the Teen Titans simular to the notion of Hawkeye and Black Widow leading a West Coast Avengers team.

You know, out of the main 6 in the lineup..why don't they just do the movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash first?

GL is certainly down the tubes at the moment, they probably won't have any plans for a sequel for a long while. They can show John Stewart getting the ring from Hal Jordan via flashbacks, in a small portion of JLA. It would require a cameo appearance from Ryan Reynolds, but it would be cool i guess for fans and enough where ur not committing to Hal Jordan/Ryan Reynolds for the entire thing, or confusing the audience too much. That way u get right into it with Stewart without doing a whole origin sequel on this "new character" or a straight-up reboot.

An Aquaman flick could be done immediately post JLA..the origin story. Bring him into the sequel. They should hold off on a individual Green Lantern for as long as they can. If they were to do my idea, we'd be getting Stewart as a full-time member in the sequel team-up, finding Aquaman and recruiting him in the team as well.

By the end of the 2nd movie you have two new members. Then if the public demands it you bring the fans its own movie for the new Green Lantern. A good 10 years will have gone by since last years disaster and we'll be ready for it.

These WW and Flash scripts have been in the works for quite sometime now. More than the others. So focus on them plus Bats/Supes and u have a very different monster compared to Avengers. A dark and mature first film, like they've described. Build on it, take the time to convince the fans that Green Lantern & Aquaman can also be just as cool and relevant and mature as the "Big 4". Make people WANT to see a sequel because of the new members rather than getting an exact lineup with just another new villain. That kind of cliffhanger or post-credit sequence has been done to death at this point. They've done that with the Joker, with Thanos, they'll probably do it with AVengers II, with Amazing Spider-Man. Im sure that's how they'll hint at Venom/Goblin. Lex Luthor. The rebooted Batman and his rogues gallery perhaps. Change it up with this.

Make it a trilogy. So for the third you begin the movie with the classic 6. They'll all be a part of the second but this time right from the beginning. Martian Manhunter could be used as a go-between neutral type character at first. In talks with the League from Earth and whoever the threat is from whatever planet. By the final act he helps the League and that's it. Never really becomes a League member. But is a main part of that story.

That way u have a concise trilogy with all the 7 original/key members. Nobody complains. And it is done in a way where it's not a damn repeat over & over. Where the same lineup is in every movie defeating a new villain every single time. That's predictable. You can keep a villain or two leading into another film. No need for countless villains. Whether it's Darkseid or Doomsday or whoever as the villain, make him last, and get stronger. An introduction of a new superhero for each of em is where it's at. GL in the first, Aquaman in the second, Martian in the third.

If they want to use other characters that i havent mentioned, make short appearances for them.

Last edited:
Because there's no guarantee the first will succeed, they had that mentality with Green Lantern, leave all the best stuff for later. If they're not going to do the first properly, they shouldn't bother doing it.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally West) or (Barry Allen)
Green Lantern (John Stewart) or (Hal Jordan)

You need someone with humour in the team so i would go with wally if john stewart is GL or barry if Hal is GL.

Ill keep it at 5, should be sufficient. Other members can be added to sequels if the first is a success.

Last edited:
I like the trilogy idea.
First movie- Superman,Batman,WW,Hal,Barry,MM,Aquaman
2nd movie- Superman, Batman, WW, John, Wally, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, MM
3rd movie-Superman, Batman, WW, Hal, John, Barry, Wally, MM, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Hawkman (in a Justice type movie)

@elmayimbe on Twitter told me that Hal is the Green Lantern in the treatment he has.

After shoving Hal into everything GL related, I think they should stick with him for a Justice League Movie. He wasn't my favorite GL, because I wasn't too into DC comics and my first exposure to the Green Lanterns was Kyle Rayner from the JLA comics. And the Justice League cartoon introduced me to John Stewart, who I thought was great. And from what little I've read and seen of Hal, he didn't strike me as really special or anything.

But after the DTVs, the Movie, the Animated series, the comics I started to read, I'm really liking him too. So I'd really like the first human GL from the comics, to be part of the Justice League Movie.

what? no love for the Atom?
I'm telling you he would make for a great team member.

Another idea. Batman/Superman/Flash/Wonder Woman/Green Lantern (Hal)/Aquaman. Reynolds returns as Hal. It's fine because this is the team-up they need his star power, it's an easy tie-in. They have a different writer, director, new suit, different level of effects goin on. He'll be a supporting actor not lead which is a good thing.

SO the end of the movie, the dramatic scene is a death. Hal Jordan dies (doesnt HAVE to but this is just an idea for a dramatic death that definately beats Agent Coulson in Avengers which was overblown in my opinion). John Stewart is introduced in the movie in a small manner. Hal dies and gives the ring to John to continue the mission.

Post-JLA...they do their Green Lantern sequel. It's a sequel not a reboot, but you can call it a reinvention of sorts. It saves WB the panic of having to do one more GL solo flick with Ryan when they really dont want to. That solo idea with him didn't work the first time, it might be best to bring him in Justice League but NOT another film as a lead. So they have their John Stewart (Anthony Mackie *cough*) in his own movie. The first part goes back to his origins of what made him the man he was, a montage is then shown from Justice League with him getting the ring, tying it together. The last half of the movie shows Stewart off on his own, as the new Green Lantern dealing with whatever threat comes his way.

Sequel for JLA happens..with John Stewart as a member of the team along with the other 5.

Just an idea, dont shoot me!

Last edited:
After shoving Hal into everything GL related, I think they should stick with him for a Justice League Movie. He wasn't my favorite GL, because I wasn't too into DC comics and my first exposure to the Green Lanterns was Kyle Rayner from the JLA comics. And the Justice League cartoon introduced me to John Stewart, who I thought was great. And from what little I've read and seen of Hal, he didn't strike me as really special or anything.

But after the DTVs, the Movie, the Animated series, the comics I started to read, I'm really liking him too. So I'd really like the first human GL from the
comics, to be part of the Justice League Movie.

This was the whole purpose of forming DC entertainment, it wasnt to get more movies out. It was to have a more cohesive line across tv, comics, movies. That way, when you watch the green lantern tv show, its the same character as in the comics, and in the movie.

Its why they put barry allen back as the flash.

Your right, I can't see them deviating from that after the time theyve spent putting hal in everything. Regardless if the movie bombed. As for Reynolds, I can see him getting the role back if he wants it. I think he works well in ensemble pieces.

Yeah my opinion is slowly changing now, im on board with them keeping Reynolds. I still like the idea of John Stewart as well as not re-casting Hal Jordan. But it is a much smoother transition keeping Ryan. It doesn't mean we'll never get Stewart, they can always do that version next decade sometime. Save it. I'm not sure about more solo movies with the guy but ensemble pieces? Look at that horrible movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine, at least he was enjoyable in that one.

I really think that it is going to be quite a while after the end of the Nolan trilogy that the public will be ready to accept a different take, and a different actor for batman. I am NOT willing to wait that long for a JL movie. Superman (Cavill), WW, flash, and GL have to be in it. They can do what they did with TIH to GL. Let Reynolds keep the part but change some things (SUIT) so it is not ridiculous.

I think green arrow (or just arrow) should take batman's place for the time being. He was created similar to batman and can fill a similar role. The audience has a batman like character without having to see a rebooted batman. The new show should bring more popularity back to green arrow, and I don't think the public will be confused by a different movie version. Smallville was on when SR came out. Not having batman wil also not have him competing with superman for the most attention or screen time. Eventually, Bruce Wayne and batman can be introduced to this universe through a solo film or JL 2. By this time the public will hopefully will be ready for a new batman.

Putting in characters like cyborg, aquaman, or Martian man hunter is just unnessecary (I had to have spelled that wrong) because they will always seem so minor compared to superman. WW, GL, and the flash can be a strong presence, and not seem like sidekicks, where aquaman and MM always will to the GA.

My line up
Superman (Cavill)
(Green) Arrow
Green Lantern (Hal, Ryan Reynolds)
Wonder Woman
The Flash
...Eventually Batman, when enough time has passed since TDKR (in their "phase 2")

meh dont like it. Batman needs to be in this, or it wont work at all. Audiences will be ready for a new Batman when it gets rebooted. It is not a "if" at this point, it's going to be happen, and the latest will be by 2016. 4 years after TDKR ends its story, that's enough time.

Keep Green Arrow away from this. As long as you have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern (dont care what version) im a happy fan. Aquaman is a bonus to me if included, as long as they do him really well and dont cheese it up. Martian Manhunter i will always be 50/50 about. Dont know if they should have him in a sequel, a smaller role, IN the movie with the rest of em or what. But ill let them figure that out.

what? no love for the Atom?
I'm telling you he would make for a great team member.

I'm an Atom fan. If there is a great plot where he fits in naturally then I'd be all for it. I liked in the JL animated series when he was heavily featured in the "Dark Heart" episode.

No Hal Jordan Green Lantern = No Barry Allen Flash!!!! :nono:

And Aquaman needs to be in the first film too not to mention Jonn. Absolutely NO Cyborg!!!!

No Hal Jordan Green Lantern = No Barry Allen Flash!!!! :nono:

And Aquaman needs to be in the first film too not to mention Jonn. Absolutely NO Cyborg!!!!

Why wouldn't they be able to have John Stewart AND Barry Allen? dont get that part.

They can do what they want pretty much.

Hal and Barry share somewhat of a connection. Flash may as well be Wally West if John Stewart gets chosen instead. I think having John in there is going to confuse much of the general consensus. :p

Without even looking at the other posts about it, this is who I would want.
Superman
Batman
Flash
WW
GL
MM
Dr Fate

Last edited:
Hal and Barry share somewhat of a connection. Flash may as well be Wally West if John Stewart gets chosen instead. I think having John in there is going to confuse much of the general consensus. :p

Yeah i agree with you now, because we know Barry Allen and Hal Jordan are the ones they're going for. And it makes sense.

The original is probably the best way to go at this point. Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Green Lantern/Flash/Aquaman/Martian Manhunter. Something Avengers didn't do, is give the audience the original lineup..no replacements.

I think what seperates JLA from Avengers though, is the best of DC are all on the same team in my opinion. With Avengers you only get a portion of Marvels greatest characters. Do you have Spider-Man? Wolverine? Daredevil? Nope. They can shoe-in Hawkeye & Black Widow or even Antman/Wasp all they want but they still don't have the essential characters there to represent the best from Marvel comics.

This isn't to bash them but a strong lineup of Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Thor and Black Panther would have been far more epic. And something that would rival Justice Leagues original lineup. But it's a studio issue, i know.

Last edited:
Without even looking at the other posts about it, this is who I would want.
Superman
Batman
Flash
WW
GL
MM
Dr Fate

Doing both Martian Manhunter AND Doctor Fate I think would require a lot of time for their origins, I think a lot of people would wonder who the **** both of them were if their origins weren't shown in the film

@elmayimbe on Twitter told me that Hal is the Green Lantern in the treatment he has.

Rejoice. Im so glad hal is getting the treatment he deserves. Let Cyborg and Martian Manhunter hit the minority quota. Hal is way too important to be sideline by the most boring GL ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"