Justice League Line-Up?

Doing both Martian Manhunter AND Doctor Fate I think would require a lot of time for their origins, I think a lot of people would wonder who the **** both of them were if their origins weren't shown in the film

Martian Manhunter is a martian that lives on Earth. It's not that complicated.

I think basically everyone is fair game outside of
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash - Barry
GL - Hal

I would really hope Cyborg and Aquaman joins the team. But I can make do with MM and Aquaman, or even Canary and Arrow.

What if they did it in the style of JL: Doom in that the League is comprised of the big 7, but Cyborg works as a sort of apprentice to the League?

What if they did it in the style of JL: Doom in that the League is comprised of the big 7, but Cyborg works as a sort of apprentice to the League?

As long as Aquaman is in the movie im cool. But yeah there'll be lotsa problems with the inclusion of MM. Like I said in the other thread and itll suck if they would resort to using fire to weaken mm cos thats what they always do.

That's because that's his weakness..That's like saying "I hope they don't use Kryptonite to weaken superman"

I think the powers at be -if they include MM- can come up with a creative way to portray fire being a weakness that isn't silly like a little match or a liter bringing j'onn to his knees.

Who says you have to have 1 or the other. Give us both in some capacity.

Who says you have to have 1 or the other. Give us both in some capacity.

I just think the original line-up is a way to differentiate themselves from Marvel. By all means have cyborg on the side, maybe have him do command central (if they would even introduce watchtower in the first movie). I just don't want them to completely leave off an original member for -forgive my cyborg ignorance- a 2nd tier shlub.

Yeah ya i agree. Original lineup for sure. Over Cyborg anyday. And ive said it in the past that it's a way to seperate from Marvel, by giving fans the original lineup and the best of the best of DC, all in one team. Avengers doesnt have that. They settle with what they can get because of messed up contracts with different studios etc. They have too many things going on at once all the time. DC are a little more patient and that's a good thing in my opinion.

But i dont see why Martian Manhunter will be anything original come time for a JLA flick. We've seen the alien character in countless films. The detective aspect, we have Batman. The other worldly being who comes to Earth, we have Superman. The character that assembles each member, look to Nick Fury. You got Marvel movies lined up that hold similarities now. And then you have the comic book characters that mess around with telepathy & shape-shifting. All you have to do is watch the current series of X-Men movies to see a couple of their heroes screwing around with those abilities.

So i have a mixed reaction about him. Of course when you put all of that in a blender and one character comes out of it with all of these elements, it could be a great thing to see on screen. So it all depends

Last edited:
I would think a writer/screenplay guy would relish the chance to bring a "difficult" character to the page/screen. If the character is written well and subsequently performed and directed well, then most likely it will come off well on screen, original or not.

Also, as far as originality, what is there to be original about? all these characters have set pasts and certain events that lead them to being who and what they are. All WB would be doing would be bringing that to the screen. So as far as originality, there is nothing to be original about, they are adapting from pre-existing source material(I would hope)

If people don't want another 'alien' on the team..fine, but I said this before(clearly hypothetical) if some normal shmuck didn't know superman was an alien, he would look like a crazy powerful superhuman allergic to a rock..at least mm looks alien. and for that matter, if the 'alien' designation is taken up by superman...i guess we can't have green arrow ever as the obligatory 'human on a superpowered team' since batman essentially takes that role too as well as being detective and what not; Why couldn't you have j'onn in detective role in some other city anyway? He doesn't have to be in gotham, and besides, once he is revealed as a martian will we really be seeing his detective alter-ego much? Highly unlikely. it doesn't make any sense to exclude a member of the team because the 'role' on the team is taken up by someone else.

I would think a writer/screenplay guy would relish the chance to bring a "difficult" character to the page/screen. If the character is written well and subsequently performed and directed well, then most likely it will come off well on screen, original or not.

Also, as far as originality, what is there to be original about? all these characters have set pasts and certain events that lead them to being who and what they are. All WB would be doing would be bringing that to the screen. So as far as originality, there is nothing to be original about, they are adapting from pre-existing source material(I would hope)

If people don't want another 'alien' on the team..fine, but I said this before(clearly hypothetical) if some normal shmuck didn't know superman was an alien, he would look like a crazy powerful superhuman allergic to a rock..at least mm looks alien. and for that matter, if the 'alien' designation is taken up by superman...i guess we can't have green arrow ever as the obligatory 'human on a superpowered team' since batman essentially takes that role too as well as being detective and what not; Why couldn't you have j'onn in detective role in some other city anyway? He doesn't have to be in gotham, and besides, once he is revealed as a martian will we really be seeing his detective alter-ego much? Highly unlikely. it doesn't make any sense to exclude a member of the team because the 'role' on the team is taken up by someone else.

I don't like or want Green Arrow in this at all so ya, especially since Avengers has Hawkeye (and i prefer Arrow over him). But yes..we already have a Green Lantern, and Batman in my opinion SHOULD be the only human on this superpowered team.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You can still do J'onn as a detective and everything else he's about, and make it cool. All of those things in one make a pretty powerful character. But im just saying when u isolate each of his powers it feels like it's been done before. Either by other members of his own team, or just generally speaking in other movies that surround this project.

I can see the detective bit working well in a comedic scene, to Batman like he's just some amateur detective compared to him. Bats being frustrated with MM could be quite funny. And a cool way to introduce the Martian while making everyone not know what his agenda is, especially if one of the leaders like Batman doesn't trust him yet.

Im sure WB and Beill wont care what Marvels doing and still have him, original or not, but then again sometimes theyre influenced by all of that crap. Look at this whole JLA idea in the first place, its heavily influenced by Avengers' success.

Im just a sucker for originality and i guess i just want this group of superheroes to be the polar opposite of Marvels and Avengers. Simply because i think most of the "big" characters from Marvel are just not original. They like ripping off DC a whole lot and my fanboyism wants Justice League to come off in a more superior fashion.

That's because that's his weakness..That's like saying "I hope they don't use Kryptonite to weaken superman"

Thats the problems there are too many gimmicks with these characters. Its one reason why yellow was retconned out for GL. Kryptonite was greatly reduced and is made very rare in the world. Furthermore dc has been moving away from using k and depower supes. mm otoh have not been depowered. so if he is in the show he would likely be crazy powerful and unless theres a very good script to use fire and affect mm in a new way, i find it tough to have him on the team.

One way I thought that we could establish MM is to have him appear 90% of the time as detective and sorta try to form the team tgt by manipulating events to have them meet each other and then finally appear in his alien form against the big bad.

Thats the problems there are too many gimmicks with these characters. Its one reason why yellow was retconned out for GL. Kryptonite was greatly reduced and is made very rare in the world. Furthermore dc has been moving away from using k and depower supes. mm otoh have not been depowered. so if he is in the show he would likely be crazy powerful and unless theres a very good script to use fire and affect mm in a new way, i find it tough to have him on the team.

DC kept all characters weaknesses but tried to tone them down.

The yellow impurity still exists within GL mythos and has been highlighted since Rebirth and the dawn of the new Parallax. Krytponite has been made rarer with few varietals existing. With J'onn fire itself is not a weakness, it is a psychological monster that lives within his mind.

Anyway, Martian Manhunter, aside from superstrength has no powers shared with either WW, Supes, Aquaman have. He has intangibility, telepathy, a concussive blast (sometimes) shapeshifting, and a touch that burns (Smallville). All of those could be highlighted over his super strength.

I don't like or want Green Arrow in this at all so ya, especially since Avengers has Hawkeye (and i prefer Arrow over him). But yes..we already have a Green Lantern, and Batman in my opinion SHOULD be the only human on this superpowered team.

lol well I just being a bit wry and sardonic when it came to the whole 'roles' thing on the team. In the end, my point really is, Who gives a damn if there are two aliens on the team.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You can still do J'onn as a detective and everything else he's about, and make it cool. All of those things in one make a pretty powerful character. But im just saying when u isolate each of his powers it feels like it's been done before. Either by other members of his own team, or just generally speaking in other movies that surround this project.

Well come on, every power that has ever been imagined has basically been done in some form or fashion. You can say the same thing about WW if you isolate her powers. Sure she has the lasso and bracelets, but she flies.. and is strong, so, When you see WW flying around and lifting a car for the first time on screen, are you going to say "Holy effing ****e batman" That is awesome! Cause it's fricking WodnerWoman on screen finally or are you going to say "This sucks, Superman can fly and has super-strength, why'd they show WW with that too".

The characters power-set is what it is. I'd rather see a couple of the same powers if it means staying true to the character than basically saying 'screw it' for sake of trying something different, and losing the essence of the characters. Sure characters aren't wholly defined by their powers, but they are a big part of their identity and I don't want that lost.

Seems like a bit of over-analyzing in regards to the whole 'original' powers thing. I dunno.

I can see the detective bit working well in a comedic scene, to Batman like he's just some amateur detective compared to him. Bats being frustrated with MM could be quite funny. And a cool way to introduce the Martian while making everyone not know what his agenda is, especially if one of the leaders like Batman doesn't trust him yet.

There are plethora of things they can do with MM in detective human form and Martian form when he finally comes out. I think Batman having an underlying investigation throughout the movie as well as doing what has to be done on the team side of things - if done right and it doesn't become a batman movie- can be very compelling.

Im sure WB and Beill wont care what Marvels doing and still have him, original or not, but then again sometimes theyre influenced by all of that crap. Look at this whole JLA idea in the first place, its heavily influenced by Avengers' success.

Im just a sucker for originality and i guess i just want this group of superheroes to be the polar opposite of Marvels and Avengers. Simply because i think most of the "big" characters from Marvel are just not original. They like ripping off DC a whole lot and my fanboyism wants Justice League to come off in a more superior fashion.

Well, do the Avengers have a shape shifting telepathic martian on their team? I don't think so, SOOO DC can take the originality award for that one, if they decide to include him in the movie :cwink: jk

Both companies do some things better than the other and I'm going to leave it at that.

Last edited:
Nolan has said he won't allow Batman or Superman in the Justice League world. The Justice League will have to stand on their own; like the Avengers without the Spiderman or Dr. Doom properties.

I expect Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Manhunter, and someone like Captain Marvel or Captain Atom.

Nolan has said he won't allow Batman or Superman in the Justice League world. The Justice League will have to stand on their own; like the Avengers without the Spiderman or Dr. Doom properties.

I expect Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Manhunter, and someone like Captain Marvel or Captain Atom.

That Batman's over and they can easily convince Snyder, or not. It's their property they can do what they want. However it goes down, one thing is for sure: Superman and Batman will be in the movie.

Lol, while these recent incarnations of Bats and Supes have/are going to have Nolan's stamp. He doesn't unilaterally control the characters

His versions may not be the ones we see in JLA(remains to be seen with Supes yet), but they will be in JLA.

One thing your forgetting, is that WB/DC owns all their characters. There are no studio disputes. Whereas Spider-man and doom were sold off to other studios and therefore contractually could not be used by marvel

As the other 2 above have said, Nolans Batman is finished in a few weeks. JLA will coincide with the reboot of Batman. Two different continuities. And Nolan never said he wouldn't allow it, he said his version.

Superman is 50/50 right now. Snyder could say the same thing and they'll cast somebody for the Justice League movies only, or Nolan and the rest of em will convince him to include Henry Cavill.

They'll never make this movie without Bats/Supes at the forefront.

If WB wants to keep a low budget and copy Marvel's Avengers line up and at the same time keep Batman and Superman out of JL, then the line up could be -

Captain Marvel (Shazam), Steel / Cyborg, Guardian, Green Arrow, Black Canary and Amanda Waller. (Notice that No Aliens here and only One super powered Hero.)

This is similar to
(Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Nick Fury.)

newAvengersJL.png

Will such a line up ever be used ? No.

WB knows it would be foolish making a JL movie without iconic characters like Batman and Superman (and maybe Wonder Woman) They have to include Bats and Supes, No matter what Nolan or Snyder think.

Last edited:
Black Canary has a sonic scream. She's not a normal human like the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"