Logan Logan Box Office Prediction Thread

I can't speak for the others, but Kong isn't tracking all that great.

I don't see it doing too well but that's still a tentpole film that could eat up a lot of Logan's audience in the second weekend.

I can only imagine it will get a bump up from the praise its getting, but to what degree who knows.

See, this March is reminding me of May of 2014. A lot of big hitters hit that month. And all of them managed to make 200+ domestic. And really, Kong, GitS, and Power Rangers are lesser pulls than ASM 2, Godzilla, and DOFP.

Lets not forget Beauty and the Beast which will make all the money in the world judging from those trailers.

Lets not forget Beauty and the Beast which will make all the money in the world judging from those trailers.

Well, I suspect that B&B will draw from a wider audience pool than Logan. Logan ain't bringing in the kiddies.

Yeah i could see B&B having more appeal to all ages then Logan.

Yeah i could see B&B having more appeal to all ages then Logan.

B&TB is going to bring everyone. Adults who grew up with the cartoon, those adults will bring their kids, the parents of the adults who have fond memories of watching the original when their kids were young ect. It'll be massive.

I think Logan will get a solid OW.

It's everything after that that has me worried.

Well, I suspect that B&B will draw from a wider audience pool than Logan. Logan ain't bringing in the kiddies.

Given all the films that Wolverine has been in that kids have seen, there will be quite a few parents still bringing their kids. Nowhere near Beauty and The Beast of course, but the significant hit I expect will be the teen crowd who are out on their own and not able to buy tickets.

Last edited:
I just don't think there's a lot of hunger for a Kong film. There's no buzz around it. Its just kind of there. It looks like a perfectly entertaining, competently made blockbuster but i dont think there's a desire for it.

Social media index has increased a lot in previous weeks and will only continue to rise closer to release. And you can't say that people don't desire "another Kong movie" when they constantly flock to the same Star Wars and Transformers films every time they're released.

Plenty of films have done a lot better than what their initial forecasts predicted. Nobody knows, just wait and see how it does

I just don't think there's a lot of hunger for a Kong film. There's no buzz around it. Its just kind of there. It looks like a perfectly entertaining, competently made blockbuster but i dont think there's a desire for it.

I thought the trailers are really meh.

If Logan actully makes 81 million opening weekend and does 225 million domesticly that is really going to make first class/Apocalypse cast look bad.and on r rated film too.

The original cast isn't an option with both jackman and stewart leaving anymore but it will if it does that that they have more appeal to GA domesticly.

Well you also have to factor in that this film is so far getting incredible reviews, while Apocalypse got a mixed to negative reception. It's not just starpower, the actual quality of the film makes a world of difference in overall intake.

Well you also have to factor in that this film is so far getting incredible reviews, while Apocalypse got a mixed to negative reception. It's not just starpower, the actual quality of the film makes a world of difference in overall intake.

last stand didn't get great reviews eather.Jackman was able to get origins to nearly 180 million in 2009 dollars domesticly and that film even leaked on internet 3 months before release.First class is basicly tied with X2 for third highest rated X film after logan and DOFP.

before someone else brings up the wolverine let's remember there was a lot of warryness for another solo wolverine film and that film was badly promated by fox.

I doubt hugh will change his mind now just because marvel ask him to come back

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"