Logan Logan - news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually liked Tomas as Caliban, so I hope Merchant isn't playing him and someone else (Morph?) but at the same time, they could just be playing the character at different ages so it's not necessarily some big continuity issue...

I think that's what it will be, this will be the older version of the character we saw in Apoc.

Is the little girl on the poster supposed to be X23?

I like the idea of X23 being introduced this way. Logan discovering her somehow, and fighting to protect her. Even sacrificing his own life to make sure she lives. Then she goes on in life trying to live up to that sacrifice. It could be a very heartfelt and endearing way to end Logan's story.

As for the title, personally I like it. But I really don't think the title "Logan" alone is going to attract the average person. If a person sees the title on a poster or with a trailer it will be fine, but if I go up to a person and just ask, "Are you going to watch Logan?" Their response is going to be "Who is Logan?" Compare that to if I asked "Are you going to watch Wolverine?". Most people know what Wolverine is. It's a name that has immediate context in pop culture. It immediately registers. The name Logan just won't likely immediately register as Wolverine with the average person. It's like naming a movie John or Bob or Josh.

Im sure Fox's marketing team will beat it into the common moviegoers heads that not only is "Logan" a "Wolverine" film, but it's also the swan song for much of the old X-Men franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"