LOKI General Discussion Thread

Had no clue what they were going to do with this show but it looks really interesting. Have to wonder which film it'll connect into eventually.

This looks absolutely bonkers and I loved it. Loki as DB Cooper is brilliant. Also, I’m sure I’m totally wrong here, but was that a glimpse of Black Widow at about the 2:04 mark in the trailer?

I am very much into this.

1) Who is that soldier at the 1:30 mark?

2) Is that Natasha at 2:02?

Loki as DB Cooper is everything.

I remember hearing about the infamous tale of D.B. Cooper on the Death by Monsters podcast some months back, so it didn’t register to me when I was watching the trailer because I forgot about it. Then people in comments sections brought up his name, I looked it up, then it clicked.

That’s such a deep cut, and I can’t believe they actually did that. And they explain away the ridiculously absurd details of the original story with MCU constructs, like him just magically disappearing into thin air just being the Bifrost just taking him away in this version. They even kept the detail of the female airline attendant as a witness from the original story in this show.

Show’s not even out and I’m already excited.

It looks SO good!

@ 2:03
NATASHA?

I found this interesting article from Polygon on the TVA after the trailer debuted: It looks Disney Plus’ Loki series is putting Loki in time jail

So... Managers (custodians), Justices (enforcers), and Mr. Alternity (head honcho) make up the levels of the TVA? Chrononometers=clones born each time a new reality comes into existence but not all agents are clones...

Loki seems to be forced to work alongside them for several bust operations in the trailer. Someone recognize these easter eggs?

Last edited:
Gotta say something: I had no interest in any of these MCU tv shows, but that changed completely after watching that trailer! Incredible. I'm sure this will be the highlight of their properties.

Trailer looked promising. Always a thrill to watch Tom portray Loki.

The production value and scale of this show is pretty much what DC's Legends of Tomorrow should have been.

I've squinted a few times at 2:03 but I don't think that's Natasha (although I wish it was)

Although I guess in this series, anything is possible!

Interesting and visually satisfying trailer... I literally have no idea what is going on and that just makes me want to watch it more.

The trailer for this was amazing. I love the way it seems to be blending sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and all with that quirky English humor. It’s very Terry Pratchett.

Damn this looks good :wow:. I’m someone who likes Loki but isn’t really in love with him so I wasn’t looking forward to this show all that much. But that trailer made so hyped :eek:.

Wooah ok hold on, is this supposed to involve time travel?

Loki and Wandavision are making me go:

tenor.gif

I thought the trailer should for the other shows looked better but this still looked very intriguing.

The trailer was excellent and my favorite out of all that were released today. This is going to be a wild ride!

Is Hiddleston going to do his Owen Wilson impression in this? This would be the perfect opportunity. Maybe he makes them "switch" voices.

Trailer looked promising. Always a thrill to watch Tom portray Loki.

The production value and scale of this show is pretty much what DC's Legends of Tomorrow should have been.

Eh, be fair, the CW at its best has a tiny fraction of the budget. And even within that budgetary limit, Legends of Tomorrow is campy and schlocky awesomeness ( well, post s2 anyway ). They aren't really the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"