M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) Film Thread

JabarR

Sidekick
Reaction score
masklogo.jpg

OK, since we're talking about shows that can be turned into movies, what would ya'll think of the cartoon M.A.S.K. being turned into a film and who you think should be casted in it?

10420044_717157818373248_7623408685191932806_n.jpg

There is no such word as "casted".

I think this could totally work as a film property. It would be like Mission Impossible meets The Fast and the Furious meets Transformers.

In my mind, somebody like Brad Turner would be the main character of the first film, as both the main hero and audience surrogate (cool dude police officer who is recruited into a pre-existing awesome secret organization headed by a rebel billionaire named Matt Trakker).

Not sure about casting, but I would totally make Michael Keaton into Matt Trakker. I know they look nothing alike, but I am thinking about the various eccentricities of Trakker (only hinted at, in a children's cartoon) that Keaton could totally pull off. I see the cinematic version of Matt Trakker like Richard Branson meets Dominic Toretto.

Goddamn it, stop making me think these threads are actual confirmations of things happening. I almost **** myself. More than usual.

There is no such word as "casted".

That was my first thought after reading his post :woot:

I only saw an episode or two of this show but yeah I guess a movie could be cool.

This is one of those "I need this to happen in my lifetime" things.

The cartoon was a huge part of my childhood and I think it has immense cinematic potential.

We'd definitely need Cher as well.

I'd love to see a MASK live-action movie! Definitely one of my favorites from back in the day!

I loved this show as a kid. The theme tune was awesome!

M.A.S.K would make such an awesome live action movie

IF a film ever gets made it better have the damn theme song:

:awesome:

I loved the toys and show as a kid, who grew up in the 80s

While I liked M.A.S.K and owned most of the toys as a kid, there's one 80's cartoon which I think is begging to be made live action (on top of the others such as He-Man, Bravestarr, Thundercats, Bionic Six, Galaxy Rangers, Pole Position, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors etc EDIT - forgot Visionaries), and that's Centurions. I look at Iron Man and just think 'Yeah, they could do that so brilliantly now'.

Last edited:
I want COPS first.

I'm surprised the movie studios that don't own the rights to comic book characters aren't buying up the film rights to these shows.

Some of these cartoons could potentially turn into a billion dollar franchise.

Its funny, obviously im biased but were cartoons just so much cooler and more imaginative in the 80's? I look at some of the high-concept ideas that we saw and I just think maybe creators were allowed take me risks then?

Now it seem they play it a bit safer because theres more money involved.

Most cartoons back then starred adults even though they were doing goofy ass stuff. Nowadays most cartoons that aren't geared towards adults star kids.

The real reason is the nature of the toy industry has changed radically since the 1980s. Nowadays, boys graduate from plastic toys to electronic entertainment so quickly that it is no longer economical to design a new action figure line, and then to subsequently invest in a quality animated series to support it.

This may sound stupid...but I wonder if M.A.S.K. never got a movie because of the fact that there have been other hit movies with the same name (the Jim Carey comic book movie and the Rocky Dennis/disfigurement movie). Obviously there have been plenty of films with the same title...but even Avengers changed its name to Marvel's Avengers in some markets so it wouldn't be confused with that other Avengers.

mask-1280bjpg-ac4b0c_1280w-1200x519.jpg

Check out this M.A.S.K animated fan-made sequel, more faithful then Hollywood and their big bucks.

⭐⭐╔═══╗ ⭐⭐═══╗ ⭐⭐═══╗ ⭐⭐

On A Mission To Bring Back M.A.S.K.

http://justsaying.asia/david-guivant-on-a-mission-to-bring-back-m-a-s-k/

Support this project which is made by the fans for the fans.

--◒

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"