Mads Mikkelsen is Kaecilius Thread

GoblinScrier

Sidekick
Reaction score
I guess an official thread should be created to discuss who will he be...in a perfect world, he would be Victor Von Doom...the absolute PERFECT choice to be Doom...but it looks like he will be somebody else so who? Dormammuu? Nightmare? Somebody else? Made up?

So far we know:

Kevin Feige said:
Mads’ character is a sorcerer who breaks off into his own sect. [He] believes that the Ancient One is just protecting her own power base and that the world may be better off if we were to allow some of these other things through.

Stephen Broussard said:
I’ve seen lots of names thrown around. No one has quite picked the name that we’ve chosen for him. It would be fun to conceal that, if we can.

And what we saw in the teaser.
These descriptions don't seem to fit with someone like Dormammu, but there is no clear indication of who he could be.
I've heard theories about
- Kaluu
- Modred
- Entropic Man
- Magus
- Imperator of the Empirikul
and some others. But honestly, I'm lost. I have no idea who he might be.

My hope is we don't have villains associated with others. Given that, I'd rather not have the Entropic Man or Modred (the former for Swamp Thing, the latter because of his connection to Morgen Le Fey). Same goes for Magus.

Kaluu is one of my first choices. It's an extremely obscure choice, but it fits the description. The Imperator of Empirikul (aside from needing a name) seems to run into a problem where I suspect first drafts of the script predate his existence in comics.

I've heard suggestions of Kaecilius, which would require significant changes for who he is since he was basically a follower in the comics.

Really, there's a lot we don't know. I'm sure whoever it is, unless it's Nightmare, isn't going to be well-known to anyone, but I'm sure that'll give them flexibility to just do whatever they want to fit the movie.

Seeing as they've made big changes to every character that isn't Strange, it's really impossible to tell. To the point where I doubt there will be a straight answer until we've seen the movie.
Even if he did have a recognisable name, it wouldn't be a straight up adaptation.
Mordo may be called Mordo, but they've even said he's a mix of characters. In Civil War I doubt anyone would have known for sure Daniel Bruhl was Zemo if they didn't give him that label.

Mads was on 'Good morning Britain' the other day, and he had this to say about his character:

hYw1vWN.gif

mEcgdCi.gif

There have also been some pictures on Tumblr of him in costume on set, will put in spoiler tags just in case.

wmuzwqw.jpg

tFWRgK1.png

ndronsH.jpg

I think his character somehow will turn out to be Mephisto

maybe he really just is a random sorcerer and is an unwilling agent/host for dormammu? or he started off discovering "dark arts" or whatever and just slowly loses the internal battle to him/corrupted?

Yes perhaps he is Dormmamu in human form

I was thinking that he was Belasco earlier on but it seems his rights are tied up at Fox. So I'm going to go with Kaluu at the moment.

Theres a post on reddit mcu sub today that sounds pretty legit who he is.

I wont give it away, if you want to know, go to the thread about cast leaks from marvel. Its not in that bogus OP but further down.

☆OldGrey-Man☆;33614205 said:
Theres a post on reddit mcu sub today that sounds pretty legit who he is.

The one about him being Doctor Druid or Kaecilius?

Kaecilius seems like a decent guess, but I don't buy the Doctor Druid thing just because the whole leak post on reddit sounded pretty fake.

Him being Doctor Druid would be an interesting twist though.

I wonder when we'll find out who he's actually playing. Maybe in the next trailer?

I hope so. Unless it's one of the more famous characters, any reveal will be anticlimactic. Doesn't make sense to keep it a secret.

The one about him being Doctor Druid or Kaecilius?

Kaecilius seems like a decent guess, but I don't buy the Doctor Druid thing just because the whole leak post on reddit sounded pretty fake.

Him being Doctor Druid would be an interesting twist though.

Kaecilius.

I have to admit, the Mordred suggestion has kind of grown on me lately. Kaluu seems like it would be opening themselves up for more whitewashing complaints. And maybe its just me, but Mikkelsen's character seems like he has a medieval European look about him from what we've seen.

That picture... The tunic, the boots... I am starting to think they are going with another student of TAO who gets possessed and I think the eye make up indicates... Nightmare.

My two cents.

I have to admit, the Mordred suggestion has kind of grown on me lately. Kaluu seems like it would be opening themselves up for more whitewashing complaints. And maybe its just me, but Mikkelsen's character seems like he has a medieval European look about him from what we've seen.

Tyrannus?

Here's a question, do you think we'll find out before the movie comes out? This seems unnecessarily secretive for someone who, by best guess, is going to more or less be an "in name only" type character.

Here's a question, do you think we'll find out before the movie comes out? This seems unnecessarily secretive for someone who, by best guess, is going to more or less be an "in name only" type character.

The amount of TV spots/promo Marvel puts out makes me doubt it will be a total secret all the way to the movie.

Random theory of the day: Sise-Neg

Unless his story is changed a *lot*, I can't really see it, for a first movie at least. Doing even a loose adaptation of Sise-Neg would require delving *deep* into the history and backstory of the entire universe; I can't see them doing it in a movie that already has to introduce all the rules of magic.

I think we'll find out at Comic Con assuming Marvel goes. Barring that, my next guess would in the next trailer or a cover story on the film in one of the film magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"