"Make America Great Again"the F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a direct link to 1:47:15 of the inauguration.

https://youtu.be/VWTSJRGw5OA?t=6435

he just finishes his speech and they pan to the crowd.

why does he have to lie about things like this? it's a mental disorder if he really believes it OR he is doing something nefarious. take your pick but there's no other reason to lie.

Is this the escalation speech from Begins?

Trump will just cancel the press briefings and just go to Fox or Breitbart. Trump can get around the media in a way they can't avoid covering him.

This just makes me think of Nixon trying to freeze out the Washington Post from press conferences, and we know how well that worked out.

and Mrs Conway was on Meet The Press this morning saying that the administration will have to "rethink its relationship with the press"

whatever the hell that means

and Mrs Conway was on Meet The Press this morning saying that the administration will have to "rethink its relationship with the press"

Usually that's a sign of introspection.

Usually.

Gifs that make sense now more than ever...by logical order

original_giph.gif

original_tumblr_megvkeY4WZ1rkffv3o1_400.gif

original_giphy.gif

original_tumblr_oapl8l0ucY1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Question for you Trump complainers - if he does a really good job in the next four years, are you going to jump on the bandwagon ??

Question for you Trump complainers - if he does a really good job in the next four years, are you going to jump on the bandwagon ??

There is no bandwagon. If he does well, then yes I think we'll say we were wrong. But there won't be any ass kissing. I want the ******* to do well, because him not means I don't do well.

Still, I give Todd a lot of credit. He backed down on nothing and held her accountable for lies during that interview. I've never seen Chuck Todd or Conway as tense as both were during that interview. Still, Conway is terrifying. The claim that the administration does not lie (even when it is a 100 % lie that can be disproven very easily as Todd pointed out) but instead offers "alternative facts" is absolutely terrifying.

There really is no regard for truth in this administration. Conway blamed the "Democratic Senate" for Trump's cabinet only having two confirmations....did I miss something? When did the Democrats take the Senate?

They always play the victims even when they are in charge.

Define a good job?

Is he going to lower unemployment more than Obama? Increase the amount of people covered by health insurance? Improve environmental protections? Reform the criminal justice system? Protect gay rights and women's rights? Improve the public school system? Is he going to cut the deficit after giving the wealthy huge tax cuts (his plan will increase the deficit by 5 trillion). Will he increase the minimum wage any?

Or will he destroy all these things while slightly increasing Wall Street's profits?

With all due respect, if that is your mentality, you are an idiot. Politics is not a team sport. There is no bandwagon to jump on. People live or die based on decisions POTUS makes. No Trump "complainer" is rooting for the country to fail. Such would be counter productive. There is one bandwagon and we are all on it, and Trump is driving it. If he crashes, we all get hurt.

Rather than look at politics as a team sport, with the Trump supporters rooting for one team and the Trump "complainers" crying because their team is behind, why not use your brain for a moment and try to understand the complexity of governance and politics? No one is protesting because they want Trump to fail and their team to win. They are protesting because they are frightened. A law will likely be passed this week that results in 20 million Americans losing their health coverage. Entire races and creeds of Americans were called out by POTUS relentlessly during the campaign. They are frightened because it's really not all that inconceivable for POTUS to use executive power and national security as an excuse to hurt minorities. Internment was only seventy years ago. Children are facing deportation of their parents. Women stand to have their rights shrunk. And all of this is based on what was said, by Trump, during the campaign. So these people are understandably on edge. And you dare to simplify it as something as minuet as rooting for the other team?

You lack either the brain power or the empathy to have a higher level conversation. I suggest you stop trying and just get back on Facebook and ramble about emails some more.

With all due respect, if that is your mentality, you are an idiot. Politics is not a team sport. There is no bandwagon to jump on. People live or die based on decisions POTUS makes. No Trump "complainer" is rooting for the country to fail. Such would be counter productive. There is one bandwagon and we are all on it, and Trump is driving it. If he crashes, we all get hurt.

Rather than look at politics as a team sport, with the Trump supporters rooting for one team and the Trump "complainers" crying because their team is behind, why not use your brain for a moment and try to understand the complexity of governance and politics? No one is protesting because they want Trump to fail and their team to win. They are protesting because they are frightened. A law will likely be passed this week that results in 20 million Americans losing their health coverage. Entire races and creeds of Americans were called out by POTUS relentlessly during the campaign. They are frightened because it's really not all that inconceivable for POTUS to use executive power and national security as an excuse to hurt minorities. Internment was only seventy years ago. Children are facing deportation of their parents. Women stand to have their rights shrunk. And all of this is based on what was said, by Trump, during the campaign. So these people are understandably on edge. And you dare to simplify it as something as minuet as rooting for the other team?

You lack either the brain power or the empathy to have a higher level conversation. I suggest you stop trying and just get back on Facebook and ramble about emails some more.

damn son :)

Well, I was going to respond to your "post" and also your "rickroll" of Trump dancing, but instead....I just deleted one, and will simply point to Matt's post for the rest. His wording is much better than my own, not sure that I would have been as compassionate in my phrasing. :dry:

I have started a thread to talk about Trump's policies, you might want to take a few moments to read up on them, maybe even post a legitimate response in the thread, or maybe not.

I've been inspired by Chuck Todd's Kelly Ann Conway interview on Meet the Press this morning. No more free passes. Trump's disdain for reality and his supporters' detachment from it must now be met with cold, harsh, blunt truths. No more kiddie gloves. No more coddling. No more trying to play nice no matter how vicious or idiotic they are. His finger is on the button now. We all need to wake up and hold both POTUS accountable for everything he says and does and use logic and fact to hold his voters accountable for their ignorance.

Alternative facts is officially a meme. And it's only been in play for like an hour.

There is no such thing as "alternative facts", there are only facts.

The scariest part is they just blatantly lie, and their supporters eat it up with no hesitation or question.

Just to add to this bloody brilliantly worded post... Trump's policies will have a far more reaching impact than just in the US. he will impact the world. if he fails as US president, then he will cause harm to not just Americans, but he will harm Britons, Canadians, Mexicans, Spanish, French, Korean, Australian, Russian... I could go on and list every nationality out there, but you get my point.

The scariest part is they just blatantly lie, and their supporters eat it up with no hesitation or question.

Yep. And when Chuck Todd continued to follow up and ask why they told a ridiculous lie about inauguration size. Conway's response was two fold:

1) It's not your job to say something is ridiculous. Your job is to report what we do, not editorialize or give commentary on the veracity. Doing so undermines the public's trust in the press secretary (which is a terrifying perspective because it means we should be able to lie to the public with their full confidence and no oversight); and

2) The press lied about the MLK bust. When Chuck Todd pointed out it was one reporter, she said he was part of the press pool and the media reported it so they are all liars. She kept playing victim with this, talking about how the White House graciously invited the press into the Oval Office and they responded by lying about Trump. I dunno who broke the MLK bust story, but I am starting to wonder if it was an administration friendly reporter. Basically, he gives them a way to play martyr and later down the line, they will give him access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"