• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Malick Casts Affleck, Bardem, McAdams and Kurylenko

First Look:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/first-look-terrence-malicks-big-160747

malickcrop_a_l_0.jpg

Eh.... I'm more interested in Tree of Life.

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see anything about Bale in that

Oh, wait a minute. This is an older thread...could've sworn this was a single thread named that when I posted
Thread needs to be renamed. Bale dropped out and Affleck replaced him.

Yeah, okay. My bad there.

Well swapping Bale out for Affleck is a super-Fail.

Damn, even though ben ain't the strongest actign wise, what I wouldn't give to be in his position right now in his life... apart from Gigli.

He was with Lopez and Garner, created a child with the latter, has/d a pretty successful acting career, and Oscar, good director, still gets the chicks... damn.

I'm just surprised Malick's already filming this.

I think Rachel and Ben go together better than her and Bale would have. At least that's what I think.

Weird horizon. The photo's probably cropped and edited to hell, but I like it. There can never be enough Malick. He is legion.

It's funny how Patrick Wilson is trying so hard not to touch it in that clip. :D

Lol, there is no way I would be able to keep from touching that ass. I would be wanting many many many takes.:woot:

Probably needs a thread title update to replace Bale with Affleck. :oldrazz:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...scoring_terrence_malicks_still_untitled_next/

While he’s worked with composers in the past like Alexandre Desplat, Hans Zimmer, Ennio Morricone and contentiously, James Horner, it appears he’s taking a different tack this time around. Malick-obsessive blog All Things Shining are reporting that American Indian classical composer Jerod Tate is recording an orchestral soundtrack to the film.

Apparently, in order to make use of a 2% tax rebate in Oklahoma, Malick and his team have been sourcing music from artists throughout the state and Tate was settled on to write the music. Seems a bit odd that Malick—whose had no problem sending camera crews around the world to get the footage he wants—would restrict himself on this element of the production, but considering the budget on this is likely tiny, any savings can help. Of course, whether or not he winds up actually using Tate’s music is another matter altogether—Malick can be selective to put it lightly—so we’ll see how this pans out. Last we heard, Malick himself said he was “rushing” towards a final mix on the film (a word we never thought we’d hear him use) and Optimum in the U.K. had picked up the movie over the summer for a 2012 release, so fingers crossed that sticks.

^ They were going with "The Burial" before but then they scrapped it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"