The Amazing Spider-Man Mary Jane Watson Cameo Ideas

I just say introduce MJ in the sequel (I wish she was already in his high school from the word go, but Sony decided to recycle the formula from the Raimi movies for now). It's probably too cutesy on film to do "Face it, Tiger..." but have her be introduced by Aunt May and as Gwen's competitor, even though Peter isn't interested and annoyed at her somewhat for distracting him from Gwen. Then, when Gwen dies at the end of TASM2 (if she does), MJ consoles him despite his anger, setting up the third movie.

have her be introduced by Aunt May and as Gwen's competitor, even though Peter isn't interested and annoyed at her somewhat for distracting him from Gwen. Then, when Gwen dies at the end of TASM2 (if she does), MJ consoles him despite his anger, setting up the third movie.

:up: I'm all for this.

I dont want the third movie to take place almost right after the second one though

I dont want the third movie to take place almost right after the second one though

Ending the second movie with Peter crying with Mary Jane doesn't exactly have to open up the third movie to Peter picking himself back up from her arms a few seconds later.
It'll simply show that Peter will be in a pretty dark place at the beginning of the third film, and that MJ will be there to help him.

Nah, this is Gwen's movie, MJ had 3 already. Let's focus on Peter's first love. I can wait until the sequel to see Mary Jane. Maybe at the very end of the last 2 minutes of the film, but if not, I can wait.

Why not have mj have a pretty big focus on her in the third. Assuming we will get 4 films (crossing fingers) both loves can have 2 films for themselves

©KAW;21279557 said:
Nah, this is Gwen's movie, MJ had 3 already. Let's focus on Peter's first love. I can wait until the sequel to see Mary Jane. Maybe at the very end of the last 2 minutes of the film, but if not, I can wait.

Yeah, they really don't need Mary Jane cameo's when she was already in 3 films.

I agree that maybe she could get a mention (Or Anna Watson) and if they must just have a girl with red hair from the back.

Well i dont think mary jane was given the justice she deserves. The first one really only has the best representation of her.

I say for right now, we should focus more on Gwen. But I wouldn't mind if MJ was introduced in the second sequel - maybe near the end. Perhaps they could do what TSSM did on MJ's introduction. Have Aunt May trying to introduce Peter to MJ, while Peter shows no interest. Assuming Gwen dies in the sequel, I say MJ will try to comfort and be there for Peter in the third film, causing them to become closer.

I would LOVE to have it done like this, how it was originally done in the comics

MJNoFace.JPG

If not in this one, then in the sequel, I would prefer to see her cameo (like above) in the sequel

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, cameo in the street is ok, but please, introduce her only in spider-man 2

And please, let Lacey Chabert play her!

I've put forth my case in the Cast Mary-Jane Watson thread lol

IF people aren't bothered to go to that thread, here is what I said on the matter lol (sorry, don't want this to turn into that thread, I apologise in advance)

You know what would be ironic?
If Lacey Chabert, who voiced Gwen in The Spectacular Spider-Man, got to play Mary-Jane. On top of that, she is absolutely gorgeous!
Currently 28, so not too far from Andrew's age.

lacey-chabert-picture-1.jpg

Lacey-Chabert-30.jpg

Forgive me for resorting to this pic, as I really didn't want to lol, but CURVES LOL

hello.jpg

and just for the sake of comic book iconography

Lacey-Chabert-1095436.jpg

Mary_Jane_Watson_(Earth-616).jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen, I rest my case :woot:

that was gwen voice !? Lol cool,
But my opinion is no. I have never looked at her and thought yea she should play mj.
She just has a different facial structure

I put this up back in the set pictures, videos, and news thread, but I edited it a bit:

Aunt May walks into Peter's room. Peter lies on his bed, flat on his stomach, sporting a blank expression.

AUNT MAY
Still glum about Gwen breaking up with you?

PETER
I'd rather not talk about it, Aunt May.

AUNT MAY
Well, get up, 'cause Anna Watson's niece is coming over.

PETER
Mary Jane? The ugly schoolgirl? Come on Aunt May, she's not my type. I'd rather just ask out Sally Avril.

AUNT MAY
Don't bother with that bluebird Sally. You should really meet Mary Jane!​

The doorbell rings...

AUNT MAY
There she is. Go on, Peter!​

Peter lets out an empty sigh. He walks down to the front door and grasps the doorknob, in anticipation of the possible horror that awaits him. He opens the door.

MARY JANE
I got it! How about, 'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!'​

Holy. S***. Before Peter Parker stands a red-headed bombshell, in a black shirt and astonishingly fair skin, talking into her stylish smart phone. Probably to her employer or something. She turns around, and Peter's jaw falls...

MARY JANE
Oh, hi there! You must be Peter!​

She lets her phone off her ear to slowly glance into the house. Her enlightening smile turns into a cute look of curiosity.

MARY JANE
Is everything alright?​

Peter is just stunned. At a loss for words. He was wrong. MARY JANE WATSON, once too unattractive and awkward in Peter's thoughts, is really just the pinnacle of beautiful red-heads. There are only few words to describe this beauty. Peter found the right one, and at the right moment, too.

PETER
Just... spectacular.​

If mj is poor, i dont think she would hav a "stylish smartphone"
No doubt it fits her kind of character, but i dont think she would have one lol

No MJ in TASM 1. Maybe a small cameo literally a hot red head in the background, but I want no interaction with Peter until at least halfway through TASM 2. Have her date Harry in TASM 2 and 3. I know I'm in the minority when I say I want Gwen's death to the end the trilogy with the third ending with Peter and MJ just starting to get romantically involved but that's how I want it. MJ had her 3 movies, give Gwen hers.

I want gwen in 3 movies too. Im opn to her death in 2 or 3

I think introducing MJ in the 2nd film could work. If we're going to see the death of Gwen, I think the by the end of 2 might work as well so that we can see the affect on Peter a& MJ in #3.

Nope. I want MJ in the second and third as a friend to Peter only. Have Gwen get killed off at the end of the third and hint at the fact that MJ and Peter would date.

I wouldn't mind it if MJ was one of Gwen's friends. Then once Gwen dies, Peter & MJ console each other. Then, they eventually start a relationship together.

In the comics, and Peter & MJ really started to get closer after Gwen's death. Though, not super super close, but they did date and such. They didn't get married until 1988.

I'm for give Gwen some space to breath . Let the audience get to know and care about Gwen first before really hint at MJ . I think Gwen, like Rachel Dawes in the Nolan films , needs her own chance to develop as someone very crucial to Peter's life as a love interest before you have a cameo ,which basically communicates to the audience "Hey there's MJ, the one who you know Peter's destined to be with". That's just my view , but I wouldn't have a cow if she made a cameo in ASM.

TASM 1: MJ cameo

TASM 2: Gwen dies. MJ gets closer to Peter and tries to console him, but Peter keeps pushing her away.

TASM 3: Peter starts to let MJ in, they both get closer by the end of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"