The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the official word is that Marion is going to play Miranda Tate. There's no reason to believe that she will play Talia because there is no source to this rumor, other than the imagination of some fans. And with the possibility of Ra's being in the film (at least there's signs and actual news about this possibility), it slims down the chance because there would already be more than enough characters battling it out. But if she does turn out to be Talia then it would surprise me, after all isn't that the purpose of swerves? Until we get some signs or an official word, there's no reason to believe that she will be in this film.

Yup! Especially after, Liam Neeson was credited prior to "Batman Begins" opening as being "Henri Ducard"!

Yup! Especially after, Liam Neeson was credited prior to "Batman Begins" opening as being "Henri Ducard"!

There was no reason to believe Liam was going to be Ra's in that case because it happened to turn out that way doesn't mean the evidence was any more conclusive.

:awesome:

Fair enough.

I just dont have much patience anymore for people (not saying you, its just this debate has been going on a loonggggg time) who phrase their opinions like they're carrying the script around in their pocket. i.e. Talia isnt in it, Bruce wont have his back broken etc.

I mostly speak on the matter trying to think from Christopher Nolan's perspective, how he writes stories, and so on. I don't think that he would have Bruce back be broken, at least for the reasons that some people are screaming, "Bane will break Batman's back!" and even further saying "I hope they use the Lazarus pit to heal Bruce's back injury!", and so on, as if they have the script in their pocket.

Hey, I already wagered that if Anne Hathaway's costume has any purple that I'll shave my head. :oldrazz:

I would make the same wager, though I will have to shave my head as it is, since I am in ROTC at my college, so my head would be shaved any way.

I mostly speak on the matter trying to think from Christopher Nolan's perspective, how he writes stories, and so on. I don't think that he would have Bruce back be broken, at least for the reasons that some people are screaming, "Bane will break Batman's back!" and even further saying "I hope they use the Lazarus pit to heal Bruce's back injury!", and so on, as if they have the script in their pocket.

I would make the same wager, though I will have to shave my head as it is, since I am in ROTC at my college, so my head would be shaved any way.

My difficulties are greater mainly because I also made a beat to bulk up and get bald to dress up as Bane for the midnight premiere; that and my gf would will most likely kill me and try to staple/glue/weld the hair back on my head.

Heard this to death. That was Ra's Al Ghul, not Talia. That still doesn't indicate she'll be in the film.

You sound obsessed about Talia being in the film.

More obsessed about seeing the Talia deniers proven wrong. But then again I was always a sore winner. :woot:

If it does happen, which I doubt, then it'll be a good surprise.

So at this point you'd really still be surprised when Tate goes... "Tada - I'm Talia!" Or would you go... "Damn, I guess that 'weird kid' really was right. Maybe I should trust my intuition more? Maybe even start questioning other things in my life, too?"

This will start you on the right path my friend. God speed.

Marion Cotillard is too famous to just be playing a secretary. This is just the Henri Ducard thing. Everyone knew Liam Neeson would be Ras, not Ken Watanabe. The LOS infiltrates Wayne industries and Miranda Tate is simply a cover so Talia can get closer to Bruce. The set up of TDKR is going to be the breaking of the bat. You don't just do this with the powerhouse of Bane, you break him psychologically as well on all fronts. The LOS will literally be waging war against Batman.

I wish Marion Cotillard was as famous as some of you people think she is.

In Inception she played the main character's dead wife that only appeared in dreams and flashbacks.

In Public Enemies she played the main character's girlfriend.

Morgan Freeman is too famous to play Q.

Michael Caine is too famous to play the guy who washes Christian Bale's socks.

But here we are.

Marion Cotillard is too famous to just be playing a secretary. This is just the Henri Ducard thing. Everyone knew Liam Neeson would be Ras, not Ken Watanabe. The LOS infiltrates Wayne industries and Miranda Tate is simply a cover so Talia can get closer to Bruce. The set up of TDKR is going to be the breaking of the bat. You don't just do this with the powerhouse of Bane, you break him psychologically as well on all fronts. The LOS will literally be waging war against Batman.

Really? Because Ken Watanabe is just as famous if not more so then Cotillard and he was cast in a role with barely any lines. Morgan Freeman is in a very small role, and Michael Cane, while playing an important character, isn't in the movie much either. Both of whom are ten times more famous then Cotillard.

Can you prove this in any way that I can't counter with, "Maybe Nolan liked working with her on Inception, had a female board member (not a secretary) role in the film that he hadn't cast?"
It just doesn't seem very likely. Why complicate a story that already has Bane AND Catwoman in it? Plus we are also dealing with Batman being a fugitive and (hopefully) its resolution. What role does Talia play that neither Bane nor Catwoman aren't occupying already?

In Inception she played the main character's dead wife that only appeared in dreams and flashbacks.

Agreed. I hadn't heard of her before INCEPTION.

Morgan Freeman is too famous to play Q.

Michael Caine is too famous to play the guy who washes Christian Bale's socks.

But here we are.

Keep in mind that Michael Caine's career was in the toilet before Batman Begins. He was in a whole bunch of ****** movies.

Really? Because Ken Watanabe is just as famous if not more so then Cotillard and he was cast in a role with barely any lines. Morgan Freeman is in a very small role, and Michael Cane, while playing an important character, isn't in the movie much either. Both of whom are ten times more famous then Cotillard.

Indeed.

Besides, this is nice light role to have after just giving birth. nice way to get a paycheck and work with a great director.

Can you prove this in any way that I can't counter with, "Maybe Nolan liked working with her on Inception, had a female board member (not a secretary) role in the film that he hadn't cast?"
It just doesn't seem very likely. Why complicate a story that already has Bane AND Catwoman in it? Plus we are also dealing with Batman being a fugitive and (hopefully) its resolution. What role does Talia play that neither Bane nor Catwoman aren't occupying already?

The reason being is that from the narrative of a movie, Catwoman is also going to have to face a rival. What better way than to have Catwoman vs Talia. Batman is going to be dealing with Bane, where does that leave Selina? In all of this Catwoman is the odd factor out.

The reason being is that from the narrative of a movie, Catwoman is also going to have to face a rival. What better way than to have Catwoman vs Talia. Batman is going to be dealing with Bane, where does that leave Selina? In all of this Catwoman is the odd factor out.

no, she doesn't. It's not mandated that she must face a woman because she's a woman.

There's no reason that has to happen. Catwoman's function could be to be a foil to Batman. Someone who tests his will to not explore the darker side of his masked life. You don't need Talia as a foil to her.

There's no reason to believe anything until July 20, 2012. Thats the beauty of speculation my friend. Catwoman has to fit into the plot of Bane/LOS somehow. Having multiple antagonists with incompatible motives seems strange to me. Is there any thread for plot speculation? I'd like to try to fit all of these pieces together somehow.

**** no. Are you high? Catwoman is a foil to Batman, and Batman is the protagonist. Why would Catwoman fight Talia?

no, she doesn't. It's not mandated that she must face a woman because she's a woman.

Agreed.

There's no reason that has to happen. Catwoman's function could be to be a foil to Batman. Someone who tests his will to not explore the darker side of his masked life. You don't need Talia as a foil to her.

I concur.

**** no. Are you high? Catwoman is a foil to Batman, and Batman is the protagonist. Why would Catwoman fight Talia?

Because she's a woman, duh! And only women can fight women!

You're speaking as if this ISN'T the year 1847.

It's not that far fetched, jeez. The 19th amendment wasn't passed until 1919, what's 92 years? A drop in the bucket!

Exactly. And frankly, I find her kinda creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"