The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay okay, then perhaps she's just plain old Miranda Tate. Wow fun.

Your sarcasm is odd, considering you don't know who Miranda Tate is, why is that not fun?

By her description she's going to play a significant part in the story.

Shouldn't that excite you?

Why does she have to be A ninja to have some sort of merit?

She doesn't have to be a ninja. It's just upsetting that big roles are going to "original characters". Also, when they were casting two major female roles wasn't one a "love interest" and another a "villain" ? So if Catwoman isn't the villain she's the love interest, which makes Tate a villain. And if Tate isn't a villain she's the love interest. Why should Bruce have another love interest that is an "original character" ? And why would a new female character be a new villain when he has the obvious choice to use Talia? These are my questions.

She doesn't have to be a ninja. It's just upsetting that big roles are going to "original characters". Also, when they were casting two major female roles wasn't one a "love interest" and another a "villain" ? So if Catwoman isn't the villain she's the love interest, which makes Tate a villain. And if Tate isn't a villain she's the love interest. Why should Bruce have another love interest that is an "original character" ? And why would a new female character be a new villain when he has the obvious choice to use Talia? These are my questions.

1.We don't know how big her part is. It may be important but not big (like Ramirez in TDK or Mal in Inception).
2.The fact that she's an original character doesn't mean she ain't worth squat. Case in point, Harley Quinn in BTAS.
3.I still don't know how accurate that report is, about the "villain" and "love interest".

No one ever said that Catwoman is not the villain. Catwoman could easily be a villian and a love interest at once. Miranda could very well be a love interest as well, its entirely possible. Its more likely she is Bruce's love interest than she is Talia. Her role description said something like her helping Bruce with his family's past, so that's her purpose, to help Bruce Wayne who is obviously going through a tough time in his life. And its better to have a fully developed "new" character than a shoe horned in "comic" character.

Firstly that was a rumor; no need to think it was true. Even if Tate turned out to be a villain that doesn't mean she's Talia. She could be a political enemy, or a mental enemy or something. If that twist happens, Talia is not necessitated by it.

You have a problem with original characters?

Why should Nolan's story be boxed in by already existing characters? He's got a story to tell, if he finds an original character tells it better then you should be happy he does that instead of trying to fit a preexisting character into a mold they don't fit in.

This is like suggesting that the comics now start using his adaptation of the characters.

Every comic book Joker should wear make-up now...why? Because it's popular, don't change it!

Again, it's possible she's Vikki Vale or Harleen as well.

Where are some good reasonings that she's Talia?

The fact that her father is in the film.

The fact that while looking for a younger version of her father, they were also looking for a little girl. They were looking for a young men and a young girl for the filming in India.

The fact that the actress casted as the young girl looks like Marion.

The fact that she has already history with Bane in the comics.

The fact that in the comics she was running LexCorp so in the film, she can be a Wayne Enterprises board member.

The fact that she could use Miranda Tate as an alias, like her father did, like she did in the comics. Why would Vikki Vale use another name ?

The fact that she's exotic, she can be played by actress with an accent.

I'm not saying she is Talia, but it's definitely not impossible.

1. Some people, especially casual Batfans, consider Catwoman as a villain.

2. Tate is most likely the love interest. I doubt they're going to rehash the love relationship between Selina and Bruce from Batman Returns. That doesn't sound like Christopher Nolan's style.

3. Where did the idea of Tate come from? Was she mentioned in the past two films or did Nolan tease that the character could play a role in the third film? Please tell me where this crazy idea came from, other than your imagination.

If it's possible that Talia will be in the film then it's just as possible that we will see other trademark characters. Who would call someone John Blake? It's so obvious that he's going to be the Riddler. And Alfred, he's most likely a traitor that was working with Ra's the entire time.

:doh:

The fact that while looking for a younger version of her father, they were also looking for a little girl. They were looking for a young men and a young girl for the filming in India.

The fact that in the comics she was running LexCorp so in the film, she can be a Wayne Enterprises board member.

The fact that she could use Miranda Tate as an alias, like her father did, like she did in the comics. Why would Vikki Vale use another name ?

Her role in the comics has nothing to do with what will happen in the film. Nolan obviously does not restrict himself to what goes on in the comics. All of these seem more like connections made by people who desperately want to convince themselves that Talia is in this movie, and are just trying to seek out ways to make it seem viable.

Bat girl's father is in the film too

The fact that while looking for a younger version of her father, they were also looking for a little girl.
Are your assumptions about timing true?

Her father could never meet another young girl in passing?

They were looking for a young men and a young girl for the filming in India.

Just cause you put the same reason twice it doesn't make it a new one...

Could be Tate's Daughter

Oracle had a history with Joker in the comics...that didn't happen.

So any person with a pseudo-business background in the comics are possibly in this film as a Wayne Enterprises Board member?

The fact that she could use Miranda Tate as an alias, like her father did, like she did in the comics.

She could use a lot of names as an alias.

Does she do everything her father does?

Why can't Miranda Tate be Miranda Tate?

Why would Vikki Vale use another name ?

Sordid Sexual history?

Ah....Have an accent = Talia Al Ghul

It's not impossible, just there's no proof to prove it that way.

in fact the fact that she's named Miranda Tate is already one strike against her being Talia.

Disagree. Catwoman is a villainess and Selina Kyle is the love interest.

No one ever said that Catwoman is not the villain. Catwoman could easily be a villian and a love interest at once. Miranda could very well be a love interest as well, its entirely possible. Its more likely she is Bruce's love interest than she is Talia. Her role description said something like her helping Bruce with his family's past, so that's her purpose, to help Bruce Wayne who is obviously going through a tough time in his life. And its better to have a fully developed "new" character than a shoe horned in "comic" character.

Agreed.

Firstly that was a rumor; no need to think it was true. Even if Tate turned out to be a villain that doesn't mean she's Talia. She could be a political enemy, or a mental enemy or something. If that twist happens, Talia is not necessitated by it.

You have a problem with original characters?

Why should Nolan's story be boxed in by already existing characters? He's got a story to tell, if he finds an original character tells it better then you should be happy he does that instead of trying to fit a preexisting character into a mold they don't fit in.

This is like suggesting that the comics now start using his adaptation of the characters.

Every comic book Joker should wear make-up now...why? Because it's popular, don't change it!

Agreed.

Kind of reminds me when everyone was 100% sure that the Riddler would be the main villain of Batman 3. Most of the time these rumors, that came from some imaginations by people with too much time in their hands, are usually wrong.

By the same token she could be Vikki Vale, or Harleen Quinzel.

You have to admit there's a far likelier chance she could turn out to be Talia al-Ghul than either Vikki Vale or Harley. I get what you're doing there, you're making ridiculous suggestions in order to suggest that speculating Marion Tate could turn out to be Talia sound ridiculous but it just doesn't work that way. Primarily because the involvement of casting a younger Ra's al-Ghul and apparently Liam Neeson being around to most likely reprise his role in some capacity at the very least makes Talia a far greater possibility than not. If Marion Tate were to turn out to be a cover of some kind, Talia is the most likely character for Tate to be.

And considering there's some involvement of the League of Shadows, Ra's al-Ghul and probably a link with Bane... well, you don't have to go far to find the basis for all of that coming together in Batman comics, and Talia is an intimate part of that story.

It's not as if there's nothing to go on for such speculation. Neeson's Ducard being Ra's al-Ghul was a surprise twist in the Begins, and we know things are allegedly coming full circle for Rises. Such a surprise twist is not out of the question. It'd be even more a twist because apparently there are enough people willing to ridicule the notion and anyone that proposes it.

You have to admit there's a far likelier chance she could turn out to be Talia al-Ghul than either Vikki Vale or Harley.
She could be anyone...we know nothing.

I assume nothing

I get what you're doing there,

you're making ridiculous suggestions in order to suggest that speculating Marion Tate could turn out to be Talia sound ridiculous
Clearly you don't know what I'm doing here.

Primarily because the involvement of casting a younger Ra's al-Ghul [/spoiler]

I've said it a lot, Ra's is a character that has ties with Bruce in these stories. Assuming someone else is apart of his story might come out to be true but, based on the information you know now, it's a silly assumption.

and apparently Liam Neeson being around to most likely reprise his role in some capacity

A rumor at best.

at the very least makes Talia a far greater possibility than not.

What? Just because her father is in it as a young man and MAYBE as an older man means she has a greater chance than not? That's not logic, that's wishful thinking. There's a myriad of things Ra's al ghul could be back for, and they don't all point to Talia

If Marion Tate were to turn out to be a cover of some kind, Talia is the most likely character for Tate to be.

Miranda.

and that's only because she's the only original Female role you know about. If Talia al Ghul was in a movie, I'd think she'd be Talia Al Ghul.

It's not impossible but, this whole "IT'S GOTTA BE A COVER NAME" hooplah is silly. I does NOT have to be a cover name. and just because it could work as a cover name, doesn't mean it is a cover name.

Mr. Reese could have been a cover name for Edward Nigma...that didn't happen.

And considering there's some involvement of the League of Shadows

:huh:
probably a link with Bane...

:huh:

well, you don't have to go far to find the basis for all of that coming together in Batman comics, and Talia is an intimate part of that story.

These aren't comics. These movies differ greatly from comics.

Long Halloween had a lot of characters in it that didn't appear in TDK

It's not as if there's nothing to go on for such speculation.

That's exactly what it is. all you've done is taken your hopes and given them some wild basis. Then supported it with rumors and more assumptions.

That's hardly good enough to base your speculation on.

Neeson's Ducard being Ra's al-Ghul was a surprise twist in the Begins, and we know things are allegedly coming full circle for Rises.

so coming full circle to you means adding a new character and doing the same thing twice?

Such a surprise twist is not out of the question.
Never said it was, just that you didn't have any good reasons to believe it, and you've yet to give me one.

It'd be even more a twist because apparently there are enough people willing to ridicule the notion and anyone that proposes it.

I ridicule the notion that you say anything other than "It could be anyone but, I think it's Talia cause it fits my personal view of Talia and it's what I want to see"

You don't have any facts that it's Talia.

You have a solid Fact that it's Miranda Tate.

I can't say she is, I can't say she's not.

I can say the facts: "she IS Miranda Tate"

I'm not willing to let my personal feelings cloud the truth of the matters.

Bat girl's father is in the film too

What would Batgirl do in India without her father ?

Your assumptions about timing true?

Yes, the casting calls were posted months ago.
I think it was Retroman who first find them. But people here ignored them. Then, I posted them again when people started talking about the sides.

She could never meet another young girl in passing?

Of course, but it can also be his daughter.

cause you put the same reason twice it doesn't make it a new one...

First, I said they were looking for a young man and a young girl then, I said it was for the filming in India.
English is not my first language, but it seems like I'm not the only one having problem with it.

Could be Tate's Daughter

Again, what would Tate's Daughter do in India without her mother ? You're the smart one, tell us.

Oracle had a history with Joker in the comics...that didn't happen.

I'm not saying she WILL be in the film, I'm giving you reason why it's possible.
But what are you trying to say here ? That Talia won't be in the film because Oracle had history with the Joker and it didn't happen so Talia who has history with Bane won't happen ? What kind of reasoning is that ?

So any person with a pseudo-business background in the comics are possibly in this film as a Wayne Enterprises Board member?

Well, yes. It's definitely more a possibility than Vikki Vale or Batgirl being a Wayne Enterprises Board member in this film.

She could use a lot of names as an alias.

Is that suppose to be an argument against the fact that she's not Talia ?

she do everything her father does?

She does not have to. But you know, sometimes people do what their parents did before them. It happens. Especially when your father is known as a mentor and a trainer.
Yes, I think you tend to do what your mentor, trainer taught you.

Why can't Miranda Tate be Miranda Tate?

Miranda Tate can be Miranda Tate. In my opinion it's 50/50.

Sordid Sexual history?

?????

Ah....Have an accent = Talia Al Ghul

No, an accent does not equal to Talia, but it's easier to imagine Talia with a French accent than Batgirl for example since you were talking about Batgirl.

It not impossible, just there's no proof to prove it that way.

in fact the fact that she's named Miranda Tate is already one strike against her being Talia.

You were saying it makes no sense, I'm telling you it could make sense unlike for example John Blake being The Riddler (since Nolan himself said he won't use The Riddler").

Of course there's no proof, it's all those little things put together.

And of course, They were not going to announce her as Talia if they want it to be a surprise.

Like I said, I think it's 50/50 and we will see next year, but I really don't understand why it's forbidden to talk about Talia here.

What would Batgirl do in India without her father ?

What!?

Yes, the casting calls were posted months ago.
I think it was Retroman who first find them. But people here ignored them. Then, I posted them again when people started talking about the sides.

Even if this is true...so what. could be anyone.

Of course, but it can also be his daughter.

Never said it couldn't. But you don't know and I don't know. So stop assuming it is.

First, I said they were looking for a young man and a young girl then, I said it was for the filming in India.
English is not my first language, but it seems like I'm not the only one having problem with it.

If they already had Josh Pence as Ra's why would they be looking for a young man? This only goes to show that MAYBE it's not what you thought it was.

They could be servants, neighbors, street kids, newlyweds, surfers, merchants, warders, herders, anything...they don't have to be Ra's al Ghul and his daughter

Again, what would Tate's Daughter do in India without her mother ? You're the smart one, tell us.

I thought you people all thought Joey King was young Talia...

She was never even rumored to be in India...

I'm not saying she WILL be in the film, I'm giving you reason why it's possible.
But what are you trying to say here ? That Talia won't be in the film because Oracle had history with the Joker and it didn't happen so Talia who has history with Bane won't happen ? What kind of reasoning is that ?

I'm saying your reasons aren't good. They're all based on assumption and no facts. If you're going to come up with why something probably will happen, you should have cold hard facts first

Well, yes. It's definitely more a possibility than Vikki Vale or Batgirl being a Wayne Enterprises Board member in this film.

Or she could be an original character

Is that suppose to be an argument against the fact that she's not Talia ?

She does not have to. But you know, sometimes people do what their parents did before them. It happens. Especially when your father is known as a mentor and a trainer.
Yes, I think you tend to do what your mentor, trainer taught you.

Exactly the same way? From a lore point of view it's makes her just seem uninventive and from a storytellers point of view, it's ground already treaded on

Miranda Tate can be Miranda Tate. In my opinion it's 50/50.

Your opinion is wrong. There's no way it's 50/50. There's NO EVIDENCE SHE'S TALIA. There's DEFINITE evidence she's Miranda Tate.

if anything it's 60/40...and that's liberal.

No, an accent does not equal to Talia, but it's easier to imagine Talia with a French accent than Batgirl for example since you were talking about Batgirl.

I mentioned batgirl cause you said, A good reason Talia is in the film is cause Ra's is in the film.

Gordon is Batgirl's father.

Gordon is in the film

By your logic this should mean Batgirl should have a good probability of being in this film. She's not.

Your logic fails if it does hold up to an EXACT replica of the equation with different variables.

You were saying it makes no sense, I'm telling you it could make sense unlike for example John Blake being The Riddler (since Nolan himself said he won't use The Riddler").

He didn't say that before TDK, so any original male character in TDK could have been Riddler. But they weren't

Of course there's no proof, it's all those little things put together.

Little assumptions put together, don't make things anymore plausible just easier to explain

And of course, They were not going to announce her as Talia if they want it to be a surprise.

That's a big if...what if that's not what they're doing, maybe they're not trying to keep characters a secret but, rather...the story :wow:

Everything is not about a gimmick, the story should be good in itself. If they wanted to keep someone a secret they could have said nothing about Marion's involvement or her character.

Like I said, I think it's 50/50 and we will see next year, but I really don't understand why it's forbidden to talk about Talia here.

Who said it's forbidden, I'm saying if you're going to say it, back it up with something factual.

Would you like it if people came in here and said

SHE'S DIANA PRINCE

SHE'S BATGIRL

SHE'S POISON IVY

No, because they don't have any reasonable explanation that can be backed up by fact.

Where did this idea of her possibly being Talia even come from? Is is because Ra's is in this film in some capacity? I don't see any reason to even consider Talia being in this film right now.

Its PURE SPECULATION. Mainly because "some" people think that since a young Ra's is in it that Talia must be too. And since Marion Cotillard is in it "alot" of people are assuming that she must have a leading role since she is a well known actor and think that it would be a waste if she only had a supporting role which is stupid cause Caine and Freeman are 50x more famous than her but they both only have less than 20 minutes of screentime combined oh and since TDKR brings the trilogy "full circle" it obviuosly means that Talia is in it.

Here's what I don't get... at this stage these boards serve primarily to speculate on the movie. A thread devoted to a character we know very little about is POINTLESS without speculation. Yet you've got folks here who are hell bent on suppressing and ridiculing the speculation they don't want because they would prefer not to have Talia. That's just as silly as saying "well, you're just saying she could be Talia because you'd like to see that." No ****? And you're poo-pooing the idea because you don't want that and for whatever reason find the idea silly.

It's the height of hypocrisy and frankly stupidity IMO.

If you don't want speculation, then maybe you should go somewhere else... and then you'd have nothing to discuss.

Its PURE SPECULATION. Mainly because "some" people think that since a young Ra's is in it that Talia must be too. And since Marion Cotillard is in it "alot" of people are assuming that she must have a leading role since she is a well known actor and think that it would be a waste if she only had a supporting role which is stupid cause Caine and Freeman are 50x more famous than her but they both only have less than 20 minutes of screentime combined oh and since TDKR brings the trilogy "full circle" it obviuosly means that Talia is in it.

Exactly, pure speculation. Pure speculation and wishful thinking, two things this movie has way to much of. I understanding speculating about the plot, and how certain characters will play into the plot or speculating about certain scenes and such. That's what makes things interesting leading up to the release. But there is no point in speculating about how a character who has no concrete evidence of being in the movie is going to affect the plot of the movie.

Speculate on how Miranda Tate is going to effect Bruce and what her role will be in the film. Not how Talia is going to be Bane's accomplice.

Here's what I don't get... at this stage these boards serve primarily to speculate on the movie. A thread devoted to a character we know very little about is POINTLESS without speculation. Yet you've got folks here who are hell bent on suppressing and ridiculing the speculation they don't want because they would prefer not to have Talia. That's just as silly as saying "well, you're just saying she could be Talia because you'd like to see that." No ****? And you're poo-pooing the idea because you don't want that and for whatever reason find the idea silly.

It's the height of hypocrisy and frankly stupidity IMO.

If you don't want speculation, then maybe you should go somewhere else... and then you'd have nothing to discuss.

You can't stop assuming can you? Just because you have no real reason to think Talia is in the movie and I call you out on it, don't tell me who I want and don't want to see in the movie.

Nothing I've said has given you the slightest insight to how I'd like to see the movie run.

Your simple minded, pedestrian way of thinking only further shows how you can so easily be flabbergasted by someone being cast with one name and not being someone else.

I never once said I DIDN'T want to see Talia, I said you had no good reason to think Talia was in the film. This stupid "IT'S SPECULATION" argument is as dumb as they come.

You can speculate to your heart's content but, part of speculating is having SOME concrete reason to think what you think.

So if I was to say I think Tate is actually Diana Prince, you'd say I was crazy. So don't come with this crap that you don't need a reason to think something.

If you want to be empty minded and think things simply because you can, then be my guest but, when someone calls you out for that stupidness don't get defensive. You CHOSE to insist that Talia is in the film, I didn't choose to insist she isn't just that your reasons are crap.

So instead of getting upset with me, be upset with yourself because you haven't shown the capacity to think objectively.

Last edited:
seinfeldfrogger.gif

Sorry, but I'v been waiting for a chance to use that. :awesome:
Well said though :up:

Exactly, pure speculation. Pure speculation and wishful thinking, two things this movie has way to much of. I understanding speculating about the plot, and how certain characters will play into the plot or speculating about certain scenes and such. That's what makes things interesting leading up to the release. But there is no point in speculating about how a character who has no concrete evidence of being in the movie is going to affect the plot of the movie.

Speculate on how Miranda Tate is going to effect Bruce and what her role will be in the film. Not how Talia is going to be Bane's accomplice.

Exactly my friend :up:! I dont see why people keep bringing up Talia when there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE to support her being in the film. Yeah Ra's is in it (a frickin flashback) but that would be like saying oh joker is in TDK so harly quinn must be in it too:doh: We have solid proof on Tate...speculate on her involvement with Bruce...we have a new photo of a graveyard behind the new Wayne Manor...speculate!!! At least speculate on something that isnt out of left field like saying "its going to be snowing in Gotham during TDKR so mr.freeze must be in it:wow:

Who are you to decide for us what is interesting or not ???

I think speculating about Miranda Tate and the fact that she could be Talia, is way more interesting that talking about Jett, those guys from India, posting stupid gifs or spending all day moaning about the fact that we don't have news...

So, if you really can't stand the fact that Tate could be Talia or that some people think Tate could be Talia, why don't you ignore it instead of attacking every person who dare to have an opinion different than yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"