Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even like the zombie figures? They came out seven years ago, did they rerelease them since then? How are characters like Ult. Venom hard to get and expensive if they don't really get rare?

I don't know. But he was very easy to get at the time. Mine now just sits in a plastic tub of figures i no longer use in my displays the first few waves have all been rereleased.

They re-release oldest to newest. The zombies just haven't obviously been rereleased yet. Black cat at one point went for a decent amount until they rereleased her as well

Id imagine the shehulk, watcher , thanos and mephisto era of rereleases us upon us fairly soon

Last edited:
Thanos already did and wasn't she hulk a sdcc or toy fare exclusive?

Edit* she hulk was a wizard world exclusive.

Last edited:
Aw damn, I hope I don't regret my purchases. :(

I plan on getting Venom and the Fearsome Foes pack next, they are at least not too expensive, in their original packaging, and they are fairly new.

You shouldn't. They haven't been rereleasing oldest to newest, they've been jumping around. The representative for diamond select posts on their marvel select board, and he said they take into consideration which ones the fans/people are asking to rerelease, and in the past said they don't plan on rereleasing every figure. The most asked about rereleases have been the Watcher and Mephisto, but said they have no intention of rereleasing those at this time. They only have a certain amount of slots to fill each year.

If your talking about the Eddie Brock Venom, I think he runs from $25-45 on some sites and eBay. If you can find a great price for the pack that'd be great. If you want to go individual figs for that fearsome four pack, that spider-man and Goblin goes for $20-22 on BigBadToyStore.com, that Lizard runs from $20-40 on different sites and eBay. That Flash Thompson Venom might cost you a little. I was able to grab that venom at a Disney store and it's a great fig.

I found the Brock Venom that comes with the multiple heads for $30 and the Fearsome Foes for $125 at my local comic shop, where I got those three loose figures.

I think $125 is kinda steep, it puts each figure at $31 which would be a bit much for Spidey and Goblin, but that seems to fit Lizard and it's definitely a good price for Agent Venom since he's $50+ on eBay.

Yeah that's the cheapest I've seen that set by at least $20. I don't think that's a bad price.

Neat, I shall try to save up some money for that one.

Other than those five figures, I'm not sure what I'm gonna get next. I'm hoping they do good ones for TASM2.

I'm anxious to see what the new movie Captain America and movie Falcon look like. Even though there isn't much of a use for her, I want the Jane Foster movie fig just so I can put it with movie Thor 2. I really do want to get the new Winter Soldier fig though, but it's a Disney exclusive and my wife and I are tied up getting ready to move. I haven't had the time, plus we're trying to budget as well.

The good thing about that is, I get my own room in our house for all my comic stuff: Figures, posters, etc. So I'm excited about that.

I did, then had to sell a lot of them to help out with the move.The Mrs. said she'd help me rebuild my collection once we got settled in at the new place, so I'm anxious to rebuild.

Last edited:
Neat. Hopefully my future wife doesn't mind my collection. lol

Which ones do you prefer? I more of a fan of figures that have great detail and proper scale, so do you think Select is the better fit for that?

Lol I think she tolerates it, which I appreciate!

I've had legends since the start of that line. I think they're great for the variety of heroes and villains, and their articulation for the poses. The one disappointing aspect of legends is that they reuse a lot of the same molds, so each hero is similar in stature.

Selects on the other hand, I feel, have the better detail to them. They never reuse the same sculpt. Each figure has a brand new sculpt. That helps keep each character in scale, but they have gotten slightly larger over the past few figures. They do not have the wide variety of heroes or articulation, but they are also a smaller company as well. They've made improvements to the articulation though.

Thanos already did and wasn't she hulk a sdcc or toy fare exclusive?

Edit* she hulk was a wizard world exclusive.

... eh.. if she was, she was sold in every comic store anyway.. she was hardly rare

Correction:

She was not an Exclusive figure, she was a "fan chosen" figure from Wizard Magazine. I remember voting, 2 of the other choices were Beast and SandMan which neither ever got made.

Last edited:
When did the most recent/when does the next wave hit? My stores here in Northern Virginia suck. I haven't seen a single Legend in the 4 months I've lived here.

When did the most recent/when does the next wave hit? My stores here in Northern Virginia suck. I haven't seen a single Legend in the 4 months I've lived here.

The 2 Marvel Legends Infinity series waves (Spider-Man & Cap WS) have already hit. Right now only Targets though, and sell out pretty much the day they're placed on the rack

Gotcha, thanks. I may swing by Target tomorrow on the off chance they've still got some, even though I've never seen any Legends there.

That movie Spider-Man looks gorgeous.

He needs a better paint app. Its basically just colored plastic

Black Cat, Carnage, and Superior Spider-Man are the best of the line. Besides the running changes Im just missing carnage. ELECTRO is crap on a stick

He needs a better paint app. Its basically just colored plastic

Black Cat, Carnage, and Superior Spider-Man are the best of the line. Besides the running changes Im just missing carnage. ELECTRO is crap on a stick

True, but at least I have a spot for him! However, if they make a figure of the new Green Goblin with Billy Idol hair, will I have all three displayed or replace Harry for Harry? Decisions, decisions.

IMG_1905.jpg

The 2 Marvel Legends Infinity series waves (Spider-Man & Cap WS) have already hit. Right now only Targets though, and sell out pretty much the day they're placed on the rack

Toys R Us has them as well and should price match accordingly (all the ones here in Houston have so far). Went to the Toys R Us by my work yesterday at lunch and they must have put out a fresh new case of the Spider-man legends. Picked up Black Cat, Carnage and Ultimate Beetle. All I need is a Movie Electro. Could of got it yesterday but decided to hold off. Need all of the Cap series minus the two caps. Definitely some multiple A.I.M. And Hydras too.

oh yeah, forgot that Toys R Us got them in too, though the one i went to sucked, and barely made any room for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"