Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he was an earlier wave, and he looks good. The first Spidey had an awkward sculpt, the bodies were too easy to break, but the symbiote Spidey can be found in the new Amazing Spider-Man line...basically the same figure. And we will be getting a Miles Morales Spidey in an upcoming wave of MU.

sounds great. I'll look into local places and online to see where I can find some.

That new Jean Grey looks amazing. I'll buy it because my brother broke my Phoenix one that came with Cyclops and that Uncanny X-Men book

'Bout damn time! :cmad: :oldrazz:

IMG_1127__scaled_600.jpg
Our prayers have been answered.Fantastic.

I'm way behind on ML collecting, but I'm grabbing that Jean Grey the moment I see it.

Really?! I know i was one of the many advocates wanting this figure....but now.....i dunno...i see it and i just wonder....why? Shes been dead for so long and that costume doesnt have a place on my shelf......maybe beside jim lee cyclops...whi is likely going to look tiny next to her.....without a hover chair xavier this era of x costumes is a waste......now if they make her a running change to Polaris.....then wr ae talking......call them x ex summers wives

Totally agree Rough. I got no place for 90s Jean but I'm glad they made her. I can't wait for the Wrecker. Although, its gonna suck NEVER finding them at TRU. Oh well.

Wave 4 wit h Jean, Moonstone, and Wrecker will totally already be awesome wave and much better than 3

im also looking forward to the ML Iron Man wave with the BAF comic version of Iron Monger who's suppose to be huge!

some news from Fwoosh

I talked to Dwight yesterday for about 15 minutes - he's a great guy! We laughed, we *****ed, he asked me about the new product and he dropped hints, such as:
Red -She Hulk will have a running change. I asked if it was something similar, such as Thundra, Titania or Lyra. He said I was in the right ballpark, and to go to the panel discussion.

I asked about Enchantress, and plugged Thor 2 as a perfect way to get more Asgardians in the line. He agreed and said there will be some surprises in store next year becuase of the movie, so stay tuned. He also asked what I thought of putting Asgardian women on the Red She-Hulk buck, since they are supposed to be taller and statuesque. I said that idea would be cool, but poor Valkyrie would look dwarfed. He agreed. I asked about the Warriors Three. He said they wern't cost affective due to massive tooling for all of them - textures and things like that, but he'd like to see a set in accordance to Thor 2.

I asked about box sets and two-packs. He said they are always in discussion and hopefully they can get some out since they are a great way to get more figures out. I asked about exclusives. He said nobody has asked for them as of yet, but they are still hoping wih the current success of the line, Wally, ToysRUs and Target will bite. I told him to pitch Son of Satan to Hot Topic. He laughed out loud, then got a very quizical look in his eye and said that was a fantastic idea. He wants to do Surtur and thought that would be a good way to get him out there.

He asked what I thought about the Hyperion/Sentry buck - both of which look fantastic. I said I liked it, and he said if it goes over well, it would be a good buck for Luke Cage.

I asked for more villains. He said there would be a reveal at panel that had three classic villains. Two larger, one conventional size. I asked where the rest of the Wrecking Crew was. He said to go to the panel.

I asked for more females. He said a fan wanted female would be revealed at panel. I asked if it was Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Medusa, Jubilee, Jean or Enchantress. He said I would be happy. He apologized for Emma.

Of course, I pitched Hellcat and Nighthawk to finishe core Defenders. He said Nighthawk would be difficult because of the wings (mostly cost) but Hellcat would be easy to make. I suggested the running change Black Cat/Hellcat (Marvels Cats). He liked it, but asked "what about Black Cat/Silver Sable?"

I pitched team completers - Alpha Flight, Inhumans. He agreed and stated that he'd love to re-do Black Bolt.

Sentry is an all new sculpt that is about 1/2 and inch smaller that the Wrecking Crew guys.
- She Rulk is an all new sculpt.
- Dr. Doom actually has paint on his metal parts, instead of just being cast in silver plastic.
- Neo-Classic Iron Man will only have the moon boot version for now. They hope to get the more streamlined version out later.
- The Sentry body was specifically called out as being designed with a modern Luke Cage in mind.
- The white Iron Fist will be the variant for the Protector.
- ML 3 has no BAF for a few reasons: body reuse is one, but so are all the new accessories that are coming with Blade, Punisher, and Mystique. He indicated that there may be a new BAF revealed at the panel.
- Jesse will be at the panel.
- Dwight wants to sneak the Avengers Hulk into a ML wave next year with a comic head.
- They are aware of the rubbery joints issue with the recent Avengers wave, and Dwight is working on resolving it.
- Dwight wishes they had used the new Sentry body for Drax.
- There is a slim chance of getting some more cosmic marvel figs in the line. (He admitted that he wanted to do Blastaar and Annihilation Nova.)
-Oh, I remembered one more thing, Dwight specifically asked me about using that Sentry body for a classic Tigershark (like the MU one). I told him "Hell Yes!!!"

so in recap...

ML3(fall2012)
-Mystique (running change to Moonstar)
-Punisher (running change to Blade)
-USAgent
-Deadpool (xforce variant)
-Dr. Doom (Future foundation variant)
-Iron Man (neo classic armor)
BAF (NONE)

ML4(spring2013)
-Archangel (Xforce Variant)
Archangel_Classic__scaled_800.jpg
Archangel_X-Force__scaled_800.jpg

-Hyperion (sentry running change)
Hyperion__scaled_800.jpg
Sentry__scaled_800.jpg

IronFist
Iron_Fist__scaled_800.jpg

Red She-Hulk/Savage She-Hulk
RedSheHulk__scaled_800.jpg

Savage_She_Hulk__scaled_800.jpg

Ultimates Captain America
Captain_America__scaled_800.jpg

Protector
Protector__scaled_800.jpg

X-force Wolverine
X-Force_Wolverine__scaled_800.jpg

ML5(summer2013)
-Jean Grey
Jean_Grey__scaled_800.jpg

-Wrecker (Bulldozer running change)
The_Wrecker__scaled_800.jpg

-Moonstone
IMG_1407.jpg

IronMan 3 Legends
-BAF (Comic Iron Monger)
IMG_1412__scaled_800.jpg

I wish it was a few years ago.....I really used to love coming here and there being a few new pages of posts after a couple hours....:(

also, is anyone else going to try to get the X-force SDCC box set online tomorrow morning? I'm gonna try, wish me luck!!!!

DSCN0961.jpg

they all look like great figs... but no BAF in wave 3 (possibly none in 4) means i spend less money...

im pretty dissapointed so far... no BAF, and so far no running changes into other characters in 4, and really no major fan wants....

and these are 6 inch i assume? I'll probably snag these
IMG_9856.jpg

IMG_9858.jpg

Do you know when the amazing spider man 6" movie series come out? Are these Wal-Mart exclusives like the Avengers?

they're apparently already out... ive yet to see any... and i don't know if they're exclusives

I can barely find the Avengers 6 inch figs and now i have to go look for the 6 inch spidey figs?....sigh

Man, I really hope somewhere down the line the Squaron Supreme appear in Avengers movies. It'll be the only way we'll see a JLA/Avengers cross over lol

I am so ****ING happy that Hasbro is finally making a Marvel Legends Sentry figure in his modern design.

I've been asking for that figure for a long long time. I ain't gonna miss it.

I don't like the x-force version of Deadpool, I prefer this one.

SDCC-2012-Marvel-Universe-Legends-007_1342045502.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"