Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make things clear for everyone:
Sneider did not say he knows who the Spider-Man actor is HIMSELF, he says his friend (a reporter from Variety) knows who the actor is, and that he's already been cast.

Sinister Six was a really terrible idea and I always said that they should fire Webb and give the Spider-Man gig to Goddard. The Sinister Six in a Spider-Man movie is an idea that I can get behind.

Same here. Hated the SS spinoff idea, but wanted the Six to show up in a Spidey movie. And I wanted Goddard on the franchise instead of Webb.

I am 100% behind IM in this one too, if that pans out. When given good material to work with (IM, IM3 and Avengers) RDJ absolutely shines as Tony. He would be an amazing foil for Peter to play off of. And if BAD's Devin's right, a nice play on Spidey trying to get in with the FF.

This sounds too much like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon..

I wonder how the trades would save face if a different director was announced on Thursday. :oldrazz:

Same here. Hated the SS spinoff idea, but wanted the Six to show up in a Spidey movie. And I wanted Goddard on the franchise instead of Webb.

I am 100% behind IM in this one too, if that pans out. When given good material to work with (IM, IM3 and Avengers) RDJ absolutely shines as Tony. He would be an amazing foil for Peter to play off of. And if BAD's Devin's right, a nice play on Spidey trying to get in with the FF.
Yeah, none of that sounds bad to me. Tony Stark is basically the "celebrity face" of the Avengers, and probably the one that has the most in common with Peter, so it makes sense to me that Peter would look up to Tony and that the connection would be made through him.

And likewise, the Sinister Six IN A SPIDEY MOVIE sounds great to me. It was just the part about having their own film that sounded stupid.

Good to hear they scrapped the Aunt May spin-off. Looking forward to see who they cast as an unknown. But I also like how they're building up to Sinister Six that sounds more interesting.

So many different reports. I think Dylan has been cast. I think Drew will direct.

I've lost all my care for this franchise. I really have. All these reports and rumors of the direction for this series has exhausted all care I have.

At this point, I expect to be completely and utterly disappointed in what they do.

The report sounds to me like those are all just ideas being floated around, rather than it neccessarily being the definite direction they'll take with the franchise.

Good to hear they scrapped the Aunt May spin-off. Looking forward to see who they cast as an unknown. But I also like how they're building up to Sinister Six that sounds more interesting.

Oh, c`mon, that was the best one!

Jokes aside, I prefer to meet all six villains before they actually become the Sinister Six

If Dylan is indeed the next Spidey, it will be thanks to his performance in maze runner. Was really good in it. Playing the lead in two franchises would be something he may never have thought of...that is if he is the next

I've lost all my care for this franchise. I really have. All these reports and rumors of the direction for this series has exhausted all care I have.

At this point, I expect to be completely and utterly disappointed in what they do.
Damn your post is dire.

attachment.php

Yay. Now let's see all the fickle peeps who thought his Sinister Six was a terrible idea be totes ok with the idea of him directing Spidey.

Even though his Sinister 6 ideas sucked, he's still a talented writer and director. With Marvel's guidance, the members of the S6 could be revamped and it would be more interesting set in the MCU.

Do yourself a favor then and take a break from this part of the forums until something official comes out.

The report sounds to me like those are all just ideas being floated around, rather than it neccessarily being the definite direction they'll take with the franchise.
That's what I think as well.

Do we really need to revisit the whole "Sinister Six" BS?
Why can't we focus on a new storyline?

This scoop sorta contradicts LR's previous scoop about infinity wars plot. Supposedly Avengers disband after the events of Civil war so why would Tony try to recruit Spidey? Unless he's making a new team, or could it be that civil war storyline continues in Spidey's solo movie?

Lets be honest hear did any of you actually believe The SS movie would come out? Cause I sure as heck didnt. I just couldnt see a movie about characters that needed build up happening. The dialogue with harry at the end of ASM2 was so cringe worthy. "I wanna keep it small" ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"