Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Sony would want to wait till after Infinity War, for the Spider-Man sequel. Its possible they're waiting till after Civil War comes out to announce sequels. They haven't even started shooting the first film yet, so I think there is still time.

Not to mention Sony needs to keep producing these films to keep the rights, unless thats where Venom comes into play. As far as I'm aware the new deal with Marvel didn't change any of that. Does Marvel even have the solo Spidey film listed on their roster officially? I've only seen it on ones made by fans.

Last edited:
We'll still have plenty of Spidey to hold us over at least!

I don't think Sony would want to wait till after Infinity War, for the Spider-Man sequel. Its possible they're waiting till after Civil War comes out to announce sequels. They haven't even started shooting the first film yet, so I think there is still time.

Not to mention Sony needs to keep producing these films to keep the rights, unless thats where Venom comes into play. As far as I'm aware the new deal with Marvel didn't change any of that. Does Marvel even have the solo Spidey film listed on their roster officially? I've only seen it on ones made by fans.
This is true. They announced sequels for TASM series midway into filming If I remember correctly.

And yeah, Marvel does have it in their slate on Marvel.com.

Sweet! Link please.

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ” continues the lineage of epic big-screen adventures chronicled in “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “The Avengers,” “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Ant-Man,” and the upcoming release schedule, which includes “Captain America: Civil War” on May 6, 2016; “Doctor Strange,” November 4, 2016; “Spider-Man,” July 7, 2017; and “Thor: Ragnarok” on November 3, 2017.

^^^

Looks like Sally didn't enjoy working on TASM movies:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/sally-field-spider-man.html

Damn, some harsh words. I wonder if we'll start seeing more cast members coming out and spilling the beans.

This isn't the first nor the last time an actor comes out and says that didn't enjoy a role or a film they worked on. Its too bad really, I liked her as aunt May, and felt her and Andrew had great chemistry together. Looking forward to Marisa Tomei's take on the character though.

I'm more excited for Thor than I am for Spidey.

That explains her bland performance

I like how she equates the role to trying to fit ten pounds of s*** into a five pound bag.

But yeah, her dislike is not surprising. Her Aunt May, like most of the characters, was forgettable. Heck even Peter practically forgot about her in 2.

Peter also didn't give a **** about Uncle Ben. No wonder he never learned anything about responsibility.

She specifically referred to her role in ASM. Not the entire genre.

Ironically enough, Andrew was the one who didn't show up for TASM3 announcement at the Sony dinner.. So even he had enough of it.

It's a bigger shame since both he and the supposed to play Mary Jane gal (I'm unable to spell her first name, something stops me from searching now) really liked the original script for the Amazing Spider-Man 2.

It's a bigger shame since both he and the supposed to play Mary Jane gal (I'm unable to spell her first name, something stops me from searching now) really liked the original script for the Amazing Spider-Man 2.
:csad: Sony meddling.

Actors always like a script before the movie comes out.
Andrew said after the movie came out (and I paraphrase a bit); "The original script was far more interesting than the crap we got released, and it was good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"