Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish Matthew Vaughn was the one directing, but i'll still give Watts a chance.. I just- he just reminds me of Marc Webb. In Feige we trust.

I haven't watched 500 Days of Summer but from the clips I've seen that movie was really corny/cringe-worthy which is how the TASM movies were with the romance.

Based on Cop Car, Watts seem to be much more subtle and intelligent in his filmmaking.

Those writers though....ugh

The writers do have me concerned, but again they do know how to make good movies (or at least good enough movies), Horrible Bosses i would say is a example.
But to be honest, i myself am waiting to see if out of the MCU Spider-Man comes out a videogame or anything.

If they do another movie-based game, ****ing let Tom do the voice. *Looking at you Beenox*

Lol, it's been almost 2 years since a Spider-Man console game was released and I honestly am just relieved.

If they do another movie-based game, ****ing let Tom do the voice. *Looking at you Beenox*
I don't think Beenox is doing Spider-Man games anymore, but to be honest i myself want to see another CellShaded Spider-Man game in the style of Ultimate and the recent Transformers Devastation, even if it's not related to the movies.

Lol, it's been almost 2 years since a Spider-Man console game was released and I honestly am just relieved.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with Spidey games anymore. Unless something changed, Activision's contract for Spidey ends next year which means we probably won't get a game for his solo film since Activision's "a game a year" plan is clearly no longer in effect and it's not like they suddenly decided to give a **** and supply a Spidey game ample funding/time to be actually good.

Could not honestly give a ****, though, lol. Spider-Man games have been ass for years--I'm immune to it. Just curious as to what happens when Activison loses control. Marvel isn't making anything for consoles right now, so a part of me think we won't see anything at all, but they could be waiting to have Spidey to make a full-fledged MCU Avengers game with all their new and old MCU characters in one big, sprawling, game. THAT...that would be neat-o.

Last edited:
I learned the other day the reason post-SM2 games have not got the swinging right is that the developer who designed the swing system in SM2 patented it and left the company. He won't let anyone use his system.

All these years being frustrated at devs not just replicating SM2 swing system and now I know it wasn't their fault.

I learned the other day the reason post-SM2 games have not got the swinging right is that the developer who designed the swing system in SM2 patented it and left the company. He won't let anyone use his system.

All these years being frustrated at devs not just replicating SM2 swing system and now I know it wasn't their fault.

Yeah and then he tried getting his game kickstarted a few years ago using that swinging system as a selling point.

I don't think it happened.

And to be fair, even with the amazing SM2 swinging system, most of the games are still pretty ass.

I loved Shattered Dimensions and Amazing Spider-Man 1. Enjoyed WoS,EoT and SM3(for 360). ASM2 was a major disappointment even though I found it fun in some parts.

Really wish Matthew Vaughn was the one directing, but i'll still give Watts a chance.. I just- he just reminds me of Marc Webb. In Feige we trust.

Yeah I have the same feeling because both of them are newbies, I guess. 500 days of summer was pretty great actually and there was one thing that 90% of the people loved was the chemistry betwen Andrew and Emma so I guess Webb didn't do everything wrong.

I've read that big studios movies are hiring newbies as directors because they are cheaper but also easier to manipulate.
The movies end up being more a product of the studio rather than the director. And I think that's what happened with Tasm 2 for instance (Sony wanted 452 villains, etc we all know the mess they did).

It's the same with Marvel, they don't hire a lot of directors with too much vision/personality (That's why Wright didn't do Ant-man ultimately imo). We know the movies have to fit the MCU brand and have to follow certain patterns. (I think that's why TWS and GoTG are my favorite, they are the most creative movies).

Anyway my point is, I'm not worried about Watts because I'm certain that Feige/the studio will be pullings 80% of the strings and that Watts may be more a tool than anything.Which is probably a good thing since they know waht they're doing. I don't think Marvel is gonna take any chances with that movie since they've been waiting for Spider-man for so long.

WHAT IF:

origins: Instead of Uncle Ben being shot by a criminal, he was killed during the Battle of NY? That would be interesting.

WHAT IF:

origins: Instead of Uncle Ben being shot by a criminal, he was killed during the Battle of NY? That would be interesting.
I like the idea, but I'd still like them to tie in Peter somehow. His lack of responsibility with his great power should be related to his uncle's death. If they could figure out a way to tie that in, I'm all for it. Serves as extra motivation for him to want to become an Avenger.

WHAT IF:

Nah, I don't see it to be honest.
We know Spidey has been Spidey at least from 2015 (Ant-Man reference).
So I guess sometime in 2015 he gets bite. Uncle Ben has to die during Pete being Spidey. Battle of NY was in 2012, it's too early.

Yeah I guess timeline wise it might not work but it would be neat if they could tie Petes life into the MCU like that somehow.

It's a no for me. The burglar should always be the one who kills Uncle Ben, and it's should always be the result of Peter's recklessness-selfishness. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Damn! I don't know if I want to like the guy for creating it, or dislike the guy for stopping future Spider-Man games from using it :/

WHAT IF:

I find that about as interesting as all the people saying Punisher's family should be killed by HYDRA agents.

Which is to say, not very. Not everything in the universe needs to be connected.

I find that about as interesting as all the people saying Punisher's family should be killed by HYDRA agents.

Which is to say, not very. Not everything in the universe needs to be connected.

Well ... yeah.
But Parker's parents definitelly should be SHIELD agents and be killed by HYDRA agents.
Seriouslly, when I watched TASM2 at the theater, at that first scene, I was all like waiting for them to say that they are SHIELD agents lol

I'm really curious to see how the dialogue between Peter and Stark will go. RDJ's comments: "That's him. That's your guy, because he wasn't afraid of me." Has me super excited, haha.

I'm thinking that Peter will give Tony a run for his money. Just imagine a scene of them going toe-to-toe with quips and put-downs. :hmr: "Not bad, kid." :woot: :im: :spidey:

tumblr_m4crfinhsq1qk4cqao3_250.png

tumblr_m6xa1skkuG1rwnh8zo1_1280.png

I haven't watched 500 Days of Summer but from the clips I've seen that movie was really corny/cringe-worthy which is how the TASM movies were with the romance.

Based on Cop Car, Watts seem to be much more subtle and intelligent in his filmmaking.

Those writers though....ugh

500 Days of Summer is fantastic. One of my favorite films.

Gotta have some Tony/Peter quipping in there. I want to see classic Iron Man and Classic spidey in the MCU together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"