Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
imjustsaying.gif

:lmao:

I'll still get a Mafex MCU Spidey even if I don't like the costume. (Which will hopefully be great) 'cause I need to see him with the other Spideys on my stand.

What about you, PBP?

I never saw rhe point in buying merchandise that you cant play with and or wear. Whats the point in letting stuff sit there and collect dust.

I never saw rhe point in buying merchandise that you cant play with and or wear. Whats the point in letting stuff sit there and collect dust.
I occasionally play with Mafex ASM1 from time to time, but I just like seeing them in different poses. It makes me feel like i'm creating my own comic book. :woot:

As much as I think it would be a bad move to have no promotional material of Spider-man for Civil War, I think it would be worse if there ended up being no toys or merchandise. Though I would tend to believe there would have to be some, even in a later wave, because I don't think they would want to lose out on all that money potential.

There will be merchandise but it will come later. The same thing happened with The Force Awakens. People complained because there was very little Rey merchandise for The Force Awakens but it turned out they were purposefully keeping her under wraps because they didn't want people to know she was a Jedi. As soon as the movie was out for a while they released a crap load of Rey merchandise.

The same thing will likely happen with Spider-Man. The S.H. Figuarts line loves masked heroes (they're doing Ant-Man and Black Panther) so Spider-Man is probably a shoe-in at this point. He's also very big in Japan so that helps too.

The only merch I've ever really bought are the Pop! Funkos

If I could justify it I'm sure I'd buy a Hot Toys statue or two

I'll still get a Mafex MCU Spidey even if I don't like the costume. (Which will hopefully be great) 'cause I need to see him with the other Spideys on my stand.

What about you, PBP?

I haven't collected stuff in so long, and most things I got when I was younger I just played with rather than leaving it on a stand or in a box, lol.

Obviously it'd be different now since I'm much older, but the price is usually hefty (and the Canadian dollar sucks :argh:), so I'm gonna hold off on that until I get a proper shelf for all my Blu-rays and what-not then I'll get back in the figure business. :funny:

I haven't collected stuff in so long, and most things I got when I was younger I just played with rather than leaving it on a stand or in a box, lol.

Obviously it'd be different now since I'm much older, but the price is usually hefty (and the Canadian dollar sucks :argh:), so I'm gonna hold off on that until I get a proper shelf for all my Blu-rays and what-not then I'll get back in the figure business. :funny:
Wait, are you Canadian?

If that theory is correct

Then MCU Peter is a ****ing idiot

Im pretty sure by Civil War, Spidey has been a vigilante for at least a year. He was already operating in NYC during Ant-Man. He'll probably be like the MCU's version of KICK-ASS albeit with a cooler suit/powers.

Im pretty sure by Civil War, Spidey has been a vigilante for at least a year. He was already operating in NYC during Ant-Man. He'll probably be like the MCU's version of KICK-ASS albeit with a cooler suit/powers.
I would be fine with that, Peter basically being Kick-A** makes a lot of sense really.

Have we talked about this theory?

Doubt it so, so, much. But I don't mind. Makes sense and would establish Peter's inner ability to be a hero--with superpowers or without.

But, again, it's grasping at straws.

Yeah that comparison works a lot. I loved the first movie too, so I wouldn't mind it at all.

Neither would I. Could totally see them using Dave's motivation/determination/heroism as a template for MCU Spidey. It really does work imo. As a matter of fact, I hope MCU Spidey's tone is similar to that of the Kickass movies (without the extreme violence of course)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"