Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
And considering all the things DC will release tonight, it would be an interesting bloodbath for Marvel to release Civil War sneak peek with Spidey :sly:
RDJ_Woah.gif

Holy **** if that happens..... It's going to be a bloodbath indeed.

But I'm prodably overexcited and it will be some random comic annoucement that SURPRISE: Steve Rodgers will take the shield and be the new Captain America!

Ya know, it could be an announcement for the date of the next trailer.

What's this Cap thing tonight? Is it a tv thing, online?

Pretty sure the surprise is for the comics.

Pretty sure the surprise is for the comics.

It's a risk getting our hopes up for something that very well may be for the comics.

However at the same time, it has been 2 months since the last trailer and AOU got a second trailer 2 months after the first.

Plus it's Captain America: Civil War so it'd make so much sense for it to be attached to a Captain America anniversary documentary.

But yeah, keep those expectations in check folks. :)

"Marvel's Captain America: 75 Heroic Years" will also unveil an exclusive announcement from Marvel Comics.

Oh...well..... :(

Maybe the article just worded it wrong.

Last edited:
It's a risk getting our hopes up for something that very well may be for the comics.

However at the same time, it has been 2 months since the last trailer and AOU got a second trailer 2 months after the first.

Plus it's Captain America: Civil War so it'd make so much sense for it to be attached to a Captain America anniversary documentary.

I'm expecting the second trailer to come with the Super Bowl. First there will be a Super Bowl TV spot, and right after that they'll release the full trailer.

I'm expecting the second trailer to come with the Super Bowl. First there will be a Super Bowl TV spot, and right after that they'll release the full trailer.

most studios seem to be pulling out of super bowl. so i think it's hard to expect or predict what films will get a spot.

How could I have missed that?

Im not expecting anything major tonight but it sure would be nice to have something real to discuss.

Darn, I'm going to be busy for the entirety of the program

But yea, I'm keeping my expectations low. It is possible that they misworded it, but it does still say "MARVEL COMICS", not "MARVEL STUDIOS"

most studios seem to be pulling out of super bowl. so i think it's hard to expect or predict what films will get a spot.

That's actually a good point. I think "expecting" might've been been the wrong word, I'm more like hoping for a Super Bowl spot haha.

AOU's 2nd trailer dropped a little over 2 1/2 months after the 1st (Marvel has been averaging about 2 1/2 to 3 months between trailer 1 and trailer 2 drop). Civil War (and remember, CW had it's first trailer drop later in November where as AOU's first dropped a month earlier in Oct), if a 2nd trailer dropped tonight, it would be not even quite 2 months since that first trailer.

So while it's not impossible for trailer 2 to drop tonight, it would be out of the norm (going on past numbers). I'm more inclined to think they'll show maybe some behind the scenes footage and maybe some hint of what might be in the next trailer. But I don't think the next trailer will hit until next month (which would put it in that 2 1/2 to 3 month average that I mentioned - I could see them doing not a full trailer during the Superbowl, but maybe do the 30 sec. Superbowl tease/spot type thing and then drop the full trailer online right after)

Just my take on it

Well regardless of what the surprise is, the new trailer is definitely coming within a month from now at max

So the "big Captain America surprise" is that in the comics, they are de-aging Steve Rogers, and he will return as Captain America. Big news for comic fans, nothing much for movie fans. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't able to watch the special myself. Just got that off of the IMDb message boards...)

It's exactly what they promised. They promised Marvel Comic News.

This is exactly why I keep suggesting Spider-Man's role isn't as big as people are hoping because, if it isn't, all hell's gonna break loose.

This is exactly why I keep suggesting Spider-Man's role isn't as big as people are hoping because, if it isn't, all hell's gonna break loose.

I was saying the same thing, but the Russos have said that he's an "integral part" of the film and that he goes through an arc of his own.

So, now I don't know what to believe.

Red Batman is right, they never promised anything spider-man, people expect to show something spider-man on captain america´s day to overshadow him?

I was saying the same thing, but the Russos have said that he's an "integral part" of the film and that he goes through an arc of his own.

but if they actually show spider-man everyone will start talking about spider-man and forget about the focus of the movie: Captain America

AF3619, I expected this to happen from the very moment that Spiderman was confirmed to appear in Civil War

Whether a positive or negative response, we all know that he's going to be the focus of every GA member after seeing the movie. It really blows, but that's just how the GA rolls

but if they actually show spider-man everyone will start talking about spider-man and forget about the focus of the movie: Captain America

I was talking about the movie itself, not the marketing. I agree with you in terms of marketing, though. I think Spider-Man is too big to really push for this film. I think he's better left as an in-theater experience, personally.

Well even if the GA was oblivious to his inclusion in the movie until they actually saw it happen, they will all probably forget about the rest of the movie anyway

How about you believe the directors of the film. :cwink:
Red Batman is right, they never promised anything spider-man, people expect to show something spider-man on captain america´s day to overshadow him?

That argument will never hold any water. Nobody is dumb enough to forget that this is a Captain America-focused movie, the title says Captain America: Civil War, the general audience aren't THAT stupid. Going by that logic, they shouldn't have showed Iron Man (Who is 5x more popular than Cap and on-par with Spider-Man) or any other heroes for that matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back